Do you play as much as you did prior to 5.0?

Lundorff

I have been trying to leave for years, but I have always found my way back to this game in the end. And I am still here and playing ever so often, but I can feel my enthusiasm is waning. Prior to 5.0 I would often start a new character and play a lot of lowbie warzones, as I didn't feel punished for not playing end game. I could still accumulate comms and give level PVP 65 a go with BiS when ever I felt like it.

Sadly that isn't the case any more, and spending time on more than 1 or 2 characters will simply leave you horrible gimped. But the problem is also that you can not really start a new character. Playing at level 70 with no set bonus and only a mishmash of gear is now downright painful, and it requires months upon months of playing catch up.

As such I find myself sticking to the one and only character at level 300 with reasonable good gear, but it is starting to get awfully monotone. At this point I would normally try a new character and mess around in lowbies for a while, but without the ability to gather comms, well, it feels kinda wasteful.

The end result will not be me leaving for a different game, but simply me leaving because I am bored.

So, are you still playing as much as you used to?

I used to play pretty much every day. Somewhere between the game going F2P and 2.0 I got hooked, and this game became my favorite pastime.

I did give it a try, but I am not compatible with 5.0, it seems. I've logged on maybe five separate days in 2017. Had a 180-day sub that renewed not long before 5.0, 21 days left. Still waiting to see where those measures are to make the game less alt-hostile. I'm not seeing it.

Will probably check to see what 6.0 brings, if anything, but found another game to sink my time into now. I enjoy the gameplay less, but at least it doesn't give me a headache.

Nope. But it wasn't because of 5.0. That was just the straw that broke the back. I stopped pulling hour long sessions since 3.0. To be honest. I really don't know why I'm still subscribed to this joke of a game. I logged in yesterday for the first time in two months and logged back out five minutes later. The game is garbage. The devs are garbage. EAware is garbage.

Given the minimal new content we are getting, the lack of reasons to play alts and the over all terrible nature of 5.0 and GC. There was no way I would ever play as much as I did prior to 5.0.

If I played much less than I do now and thats not much, I'd just have to leave the game.

Still waiting to see where those measures are to make the game less alt-hostile. I'm not seeing it

I play most evenings and have always been a huge "alto-holic" and as you say the new system after 5.0 makes serious game play with alts pretty much obsolete due to difficulties in gearing them to a decent standard. As an example I want to have separate classes as healer, dps and tank specs for PvP. It's now beyond any reasonable effort to try to gear for this as a solo player, so most of my alts just sit useless doing occasional crew skill missions. Before 5.0 it was the decision to remove companions and not bring them back that made me consider unsubbing, until I was one of the lucky people who got the questionnaire that asked about why we were currently disappointed with the game. That gave me hope that major changes/improvements might be made. Not seeing them though. I'm reduced to focusing on my characters that have a nearly complete story arc (i.e. love interests and favourite companions have returned or are about to return).

Yeah, since they removed expertise I've finally gotten more into PVE; I've done several operations this year which before I never did because I never had the right gear. I also now do GSF on all my characters instead of one since requisition gains are up. It's easier for me to gear up and play any content on my 8 characters now.

I don't play as much in 5.0 because 1) I don't like the gearing system. 2) I don't get to play my alts because they have low or no GC levels (thus no gear).

I main dps scoundrel, currently. If I wasn't able to respec to healer before opening a crate, I probably would have quit the game out of boredom. As it is, I only play 3-4 days a week for a couple hours each day. I used to play 4 hours a day religiously prior to August 2016. The Great Content Drought of 4.0 killed off a lot of my buddies in various guilds.

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

my mate (the only survivor of many..) and me played the most we could recently for this terrible command rank grinding, but we understand how irrelevant and not fun it was( we play 90% PvP)

we unsubbed this week.

we played since the first day, it's worse and worse each year. not even a new class which is really outstanding imao and so terribel decisions and move for BW ! the worst was 5.0

12.99/month 5 years...it's enough --> the end.

ps : we'll still test this iokath before the end of our sub.

Edited by Thaladan

I play FAR more now than I ever did prior to 5.0. I love the current state of the game and look forward to more KOTFE/KOTET like storytelling.

You are quite possible the first person I have come across with that sentiment :p. Do you play more than 1 or 2 characters in any serious capacity? Did you play more than 1 or 2 characters prior to 5.0?

You are quite possible the first person I have come across with that sentiment :p. Do you play more than 1 or 2 characters in any serious capacity? Did you play more than 1 or 2 characters prior to 5.0?

I leveled every class but IA and Smuggler in Vanilla. I was playing some other MMO and otherwise busy till the KotET cinematic. Was intrigued and came back late December to check it out. The amount of work and content put out by SWTOR compared to the MMO I had been playing blew me out of the water. Finally did KOtFE and became seriously hooked. Subsequently finished leveling and IA and Smuggler. Leveled a Marauder and Assasin from scratch and now with I think 5 (or 6) 70's.

Been doing war zones and leveling my alts (4 1/2) through KOTFE and KOTET. Leveling crafting, exploring, slowly furnishing my stronghold and playing the Alliance side quests.

Granted, I am a casual player. I did my hc raiding in WoW and swore never again. So gearing to the nines is not a thing for me. So I'm not bothered by being rank one on all my toons.

I am, frankly, hoping to play less. But now Iokath is coming. -_-

I leveled a few characters up thanks to the event, but otherwise no. I'll play a bit more in 5.2 and then probably sit things out again for awhile. It's not just CXP though - I don't like it, but in general I haven't felt the need to stay active/subscribed continuously lately.

I currently raid 2 times a week with a guild group to stay in touch. I used to play almost every day.

With 5.2 I might play more again since gearing alts seems to be back on the table. I'm just not sure if I'm really motivated to do that anymore this expansion, but I'll give it a go.

Probably a little less, but one thing I have almost given up on is endgame stuff. My guild went almost immediately to being able to run Veteran Uprisings, and pugging them is terrible, so I've only done four of them (one that I never got to finish) on story mode.

For some reason, I have no desire to run ops anymore. Not sure why. Maybe the new 5.2 thing will be OK? I'm not holding my breath.

Edited by AnisaBadgett

/sigh. I wish. I have an incredibly challenging new job and I'm still in school full time so it's just impossible for me to log on. The best I can do is take mental breaks from reality and forum whore a bit. I'm looking forward to the end of the semester when I can be a gamer again. Not just this game but the others in my queue.

I'm still playing almost as much as I always have. Still got alts for days, and now with the boost event going on I've got about 6 alts decently geared instead of 2. I've also got max lvl crafters with quite a few lvl 70 schematics (all from GC). I haven't played much this week because I've been playing horizon zero dawn and mass effect andromeda. But I'm excited to see what the next expansion will bring to the game. :D

Five days of sub left, haven't even logged in in like, a month.

Even the last time I did, I just hopped on, screamed a few random obscenities (There may or may not have been a few ASCII...errrrmmm..."fifth limbs" involved :)) at all the toxic tryhards in /2, ripped through the CZ-198 [WEEKLY], got a crate, disintegrated all of it --again-- and that was that.

I went to unsub not even a day later.

So done with this sad joke of a studio, and their turd of mobile cash-store CCG, it's not even funny.

And that's just sad.

This game deserved so much better than post-2010 BioWare.

Five days of sub left, haven't even logged in in like, a month.

Even the last time I did, I just hopped on, screamed a few random obscenities (There may or may not have been a few ASCII...errrrmmm..."fifth limbs" involved :)) at all the toxic tryhards in /2, ripped through the CZ-198 [WEEKLY], got a crate, disintegrated all of it --again-- and that was that.

I went to unsub not even a day later.

So done with this sad joke of a studio, and their turd of mobile cash-store CCG, it's not even funny.

And that's just sad.

This game deserved so much better than post-2010 BioWare.

Oh, thaaaank the Force!

only came back to the game after after 5.0 so inevitably i play far more. Im enjoying it more then i did the vanilla game though which is when is when i originally started... as for the "alts-r-us" era of gear being handed out like candy... i probably wouldnt have liked it much. Im of the mindset that the game should be set up in such a way that makes it clear to the player he has a main and alts... and that there is no divine right to gear unless you put in the work. Now, 5.0 obviously didnt do the best of jobs but with 5.2 we are getting close to it being set up the right way. I dislike CXP for an entirely different reason then many... since imho only the hardest content should reward BiS. The fact that you CAN get BiS at all (even if its RNG) while doing solo content devalues said gear which should only be obtainable through PvP and Ops.