Does world PvP exist?

Soliouss

Does PvP outside of warzones exist? If so, where? I went to some sandy place on Tatooine where it said it was a PvP zone but I didn't see anyone. I tried out warzones and I really don't like them at all. WoW has way better instanced PvP unfortunately.

Thoughts?

Does PvP outside of warzones exist? If so, where? I went to some sandy place on Tatooine where it said it was a PvP zone but I didn't see anyone. I tried out warzones and I really don't like them at all. WoW has way better instanced PvP unfortunately.

Thoughts?

No the devs ruined that with must click to pvp. They had gree and rakgoul tunnels then screwed that up.Only spot is outlaws den have fun attempting to get people to go there.

Edited by falkron-kerupt

Actually that's incorrect. Lots of places do have this, as long as both players are in a PvP instance. Last time it happened to me was Darvannis.

But you have to be in a PvP instance.

I highly recommend always being in a PvP instance anyway, because there's fewer idiots running around and it's even easier to run missions.

Thoughts?

Nope bioware ****ed up world pvp when they brought in the pve instances and got rid of the pvp servers now the whiney pve players just go on pve instances leaving the pvp instances dead.

Gone are the days of killing players on tatt. That was so much fun the game has gone rubbish for me and I actually unsubbed last night.

Bring back pvp servers bioware.

Not really comfortable... to have it tbh

Before, there was Expertise, you put on PvP gear and went to PvP in open world

Now someone can be at disadvantage because they have less time to grind and I don't think there is bolster in PVP instance... Pretty much 5.0 killed open world pvp.

All we have no is WZ full of PVE people who grind gear and don't do squat...

I used to go to Nar Shaddaa and Tat for world PvP random encounters, but in the last five months I have never seen a single person even in the PvP instance with me. The few times ive actually seen someone red, they stealthed out and avoided engagement.

Only times theres world PvP is if your own guild organizes an event it seems, or you try to party crash some people killing conquest NPCs, but that usually requires 8 or more since they tend to run raid sized.

But going out solo, on a random world? Bring a book.

Granted I play on Harbinger, which is PvE based, but its also the most populated, and USED to have a strong PvP world bunch, they just vanished late 4.0. *shrug* So i stopped going out too.

Edited by rylanadionysis

I suggest making server Open World PvP events if it is something you really want to do. I know a lot of people love open world. On Ebon Hawk my guild started holding open world events around every 4 or 5 weeks and we have had great turnouts of 60 plus people. Acts for a couple hours of drunken, killing fun.

it never really happened before, but after they made different instances it completely died. i haven't seen any world pvp since that update. its not a lot of fun in this game anyways, everyone has their companion healing them so its always a stalemate unless one side has a lot more people than the other side.

Used to see some when gree event was on in the open pvp area there, but it was some years ago, no idea if its still happening in recent events, haven't done much gree quest safe for some droid killing in DvL.

Saw some in the outlaw's then now and then, but mostly its one group chilling there and waiting to gang up on solo player that venture there. 95% of the time, thing is empty,

THats on Jedi Covenant server, no idea how it goes for other server.

If you really want some open world pvp, I'd say to go to popular heroic planet and camp near one that has annoying respawn, see if you dont catch some people zoning in from pve lol. But imo open world pvp is really fun only when both side actually are looking for it, not ambushing people who happens to be there. Personnaly opinion tough, I know some people find lots of pleasure in it :D:rolleyes:

It now only comes down to organizing your own events.

The only thing that can happen is that people go into PVP instances to kill for example the Base Commanders cause they only spawn in PVP instance now, but not sure ppl kill those atm. Also people tend to go into the pvp instance to complete a mission, which was done in PVE instance so its faster for them to change instances to complete it.

So either organize something or just wait in the instance for a wonder!

No, been asking for it since launch but, no.

And when you thought it couldn't get worse, we all of a sudden have a "PvP instance". We never had the option to "face rape" unknowingly players which was good but what they did when the removed the pvpflag system and made Gree and Raghoul tunnels all pve(well almost) was a downer.