Diaphanous Crystals

FunkiMunki

Ok, so Archeology at 401+ now can return grade 9 color crystals called Diaphanous Crystals. Anyone know what these new red/green/blue diaphanous crystals are for? Are there any crafting recipes out there that use them? Edited by FunkiMunki

Ok, so Archeology at 401+ now can return grade 9 color crystals called Diaphanous Crystals. Anyone know what these new red/green/blue diaphanous crystals are for? Are there any crafting recipes out there that use them?

My bet's that if BW remains on track with what they've been doing then both the recipes and everything else you need to craft whatever it is they make will drop from the new 55 level HM FPs and OPs. Most likely weapon crystals with more than +41 stats.

Edited by Dallayna

My bet's that if BW remains on track with what they've been doing then both the recipes and everything else you need to craft whatever it is they make will drop from the new 55 level HM FPs and OPs. Most likely weapon crystals with more than +41 stats.

This is highly unlikely.

More likely is they "mistakenly" added them in the same way 2.0 brought us all the wonderfully useless crafting materials they've since phased out.

This is highly unlikely.

More likely is they "mistakenly" added them in the same way 2.0 brought us all the wonderfully useless crafting materials they've since phased out.

Yeah i find the crystal theory unlikely myself, especially being better than +41 stats. Different/new colors could be a remote possibility mind. However, these new crystals seem to be purposefully added (it is in the patch notes for 2.3) unlike the pointless ones that turn up from seeker droid chests etc, hence me thinking there must be some use for them.

Hopefully we will find an answer soon enough..... or maybe not :p

I highly doubt that. Probably new color dyes.

My biggest gripe with these are they in no way benefit Synthweaving. Scavenging is used by Cybertech, Armormech, and Armstech and all the materials it gathers (Metals, Compounds, and Flux) can be used by all 3 professions. Archaeology is used by Artifice and Synthweaving, and Synthweaving gets no benefit whatsoever, just loses out on more fragments/power crystals.

I've mined a few of these now - building up a little pile of each colour.

Got my fingers crossed for a new variation of Red/Green/Blue crystal that can only be crafted.

What I can say without a shadow of doubt is that they will not have better stats than +41. Imagine now if you told everyone in game that the only way to have BIS crystals would be if they were using one of 3 different colours......that will just not happen.

i was wondering the same thing. my guess will be that they will be used for new dye colors. it seems odd that they would add these new grade 9 color crystals without mentioning any new schematics. Im guessing they will update it next week when the Bounty Hunting patch comes out. maybe then we will see dye color schematic drops. highly doubt there will be any new craftable color crystals, at least not with over +41 stats

Seeing as no one can be legend yet, my assumption is that it's for the new dye kit on the CZ198 rep vendor, plus whatever other colors they will add in the future for crafting (One assumes with black blue just being added, black red won't be far behind). Edited by SteelsBrighter

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure if anyone has figured it out yet, but the Diaphanous Crystals are indeed for the new (old) Dye Modules. The Black and Deep Blue Dye Module available from CZ-198 Red vendor needs 4 of each color, 4 Rainbow and 1 Mytag to craft. Not sure about the Deep Blue and Black Dye Module which is available from the Voss Rep vendor.

The Deep Red and Black Dye Module which I believe I obtained from CZ (maybe Section X) does not require these new crystal types.

Thought I would share this information because I have about 200+ and wasn't sure what to do with them.

• 2 weeks later...