If you want to practice arenas, queue mids

Banderal

lol right? makes it fun to level rn

Until everyone queues and then it reverts to 8v8.

The only way you can theoretically play arena in regs now is if the queue is too low to pop 8v8 matches.

So playing Mids and lowbies to play arena only works if hardly anyone else is queuing those brackets.

Until everyone queues and then it reverts to 8v8.

The only way you can theoretically play arena in regs now is if the queue is too low to pop 8v8 matches.

So playing Mids and lowbies to play arena only works if hardly anyone else is queuing those brackets.

I thought that too, even while it was happening. But like Managuense says right below your post, for the hour or two I was playing mids I was getting match after match really quick. Hardly any delay at all. And I got nothing but arenas. I saw one person report that they had gotten one 8 (I think VS), but otherwise also all arenas.

There was, admittedly, mostly the same names showing up over and over. Seems odd though, because before the patch mids would NEVER pop... EVER. I guess it's possible that a bunch of people queued up in mids to "test the patch". Dunno. Whatever it is though, even though I'm not a huge fan of arenas, I'll take those over nothing. :p

Or just find a group and go into rishi sh

Group!? What do you think this is, an MMO or something! :rolleyes:

Yeah, I got one arena "last night" also. Similarly surprised.

I'm actually surprised they made the "favor 8s" change they did. I know a lot of people wanted more objective PvP, but a lot also like the arenas... so it seems an odd change really.

I'll be taking this double xp opportunity to level my op and a few others.

If i had room for more characters i'd probably start a few lowbies and try to level them in pvp as well.

Yeah, I got to thinking the double XP was probably why mids was popping. Still getting exclusively arenas through.

Yeah, I got to thinking the double XP was probably why mids was popping. Still getting exclusively arenas through.

yes, it would be nice to get some full sized maps in the rotation but i dont mind arenas, even if you lose it's usually quicker than the 8 man train wrecks.

I thought that too, even while it was happening. But like Managuense says right below your post, for the hour or two I was playing mids I was getting match after match really quick. Hardly any delay at all. And I got nothing but arenas. I saw one person report that they had gotten one 8 (I think VS), but otherwise also all arenas.

There was, admittedly, mostly the same names showing up over and over. Seems odd though, because before the patch mids would NEVER pop... EVER. I guess it's possible that a bunch of people queued up in mids to "test the patch". Dunno. Whatever it is though, even though I'm not a huge fan of arenas, I'll take those over nothing. :p

Group!? What do you think this is, an MMO or something! :rolleyes:

Remember it’s double XP. People are probably lvling new toons.

Also, youre getting more 4v4 because the queue numbers are under the threshold, what ever it is. Best guess is it’s probably 24 people in the queue. Which is usually what it’s like at lvl 70 when I play outside of primetime.

I can tell you, that without crossfaction and without the new pop system, you wouldn’t be getting constant pops, you might even have to wait 20mins or more if someone is ahead of you in the queue.

It’s a much better system, I just wish Bioware would tell us what threshold was.

This is especially true at the moment on SF. Queue lowbies or Mids. Especially near the end of primetime. I’ve probably played 40-50 reg arenas in the last 48 hours,

I've finally seen a few 8s on SS, closer to prime time EST. One thing it's doing is forcing me to, well, maybe "understand" arenas a bit more. I'm still not a fan, but maybe I'm getting a bit better at them. Or maybe I'm just reaching max mid-level. No, it can't be level and having more abilities... has to be skill! :)

I've finally seen a few 8s on SS, closer to prime time EST. One thing it's doing is forcing me to, well, maybe "understand" arenas a bit more. I'm still not a fan, but maybe I'm getting a bit better at them. Or maybe I'm just reaching max mid-level. No, it can't be level and having more abilities... has to be skill! :)

I’ve played that new map so many times (must be on top priority for pops), mainly at lvl 70 too.

So much so, that I’m actually sick of it. But at least I know how it works and I’ve been learning some tactics and strategy. It’s actually good practice if you intent to play ranked and haven’t played the map very much.

Edited by TrixxieTriss