Hard Mode EC (Full Melee DPS)

Just finished up making these vids ( first time so be kind lol), and just wanted to show that melee is perfectly viable for EC even though most say ranged is a must. Yes I know ranged makes things easier and we did make a few mistakes which could be fixed. 1-shot everything except Toth and Zorn, which took 3 tries.

Toth & Zorn

Tank healer lagged a bit tank died.

At end needed to keep 1 dps on Zorn and 3 on Toth for final push to make sure they died closer together.

Firebrand & Stormcaller

Not sure why one of the dps died and the other died from a dur moment and ran in front of stormcaller towards the end.

Colonel Vorgath

Pretty standard fight, I just started recording late.

Warlord Kephess

Well not much to say here either other than me not accepting the revive there at the end. Was busy staring at the health bar and praying lol.

That's it and hope everyone enjoyed them.

PS- Has this been done by others? Haven't seen anything anywhere but I'm sure someone has.

We ran through us with 4 sentinels in about an hour and 1/2. Granted that was onc we knew the mechanics and were geared pretty decently.

Damage on three if the sentinels was 1300+ while the other one forgot to log his.

But yes it's possible on story mode. Not sure about hard mode yet and it is less forgiving of mistakes.

Considering the OP says his videos are of Hard Mode I'll assume it is in fact possible =P

Can I ask what you mean by geared decently, Our guild is still working on the two tanks, cant seem to get them down even though were all in full rakata.

Can I ask what you mean by geared decently, Our guild is still working on the two tanks, cant seem to get them down even though were all in full rakata.

HMEC is very unforgiving for DPS. We tend to want our DPS to be at least Full rakata w/ a few BH and all augmented. As for you tanks and healers if they can do NM EV/KP then they should be fine, they just require a bit more skill than gear for it.

I can see the first two bosses for sure (haven't watched the videos yet).

On the minefield how do you handle the exploding robots?

Kephess seems pretty doable except for burning down the trandoshan stage. Would love to know how you're handling that stage (cyclone slash ftw??) :)

Did you fully augment rakata? If not, you are missing a extra 200+ [strength, Willpower, Cunning, Aim] and 100+ Endurance.

Also if you farm SM EC, NM KP, HM LI and HM Kaon and also do EoT you should be able to acquire some pieces of Black Hole gear and put it on the Rakata gear, that should buff up your gear more.

Kephess seems pretty doable except for burning down the trandoshan stage. Would love to know how you're handling that stage (cyclone slash ftw??) :)

Most def cyclone slash.. Lol.

I agree, trandoshan stage is tough for us with a slinger, commando with their good aoe's.

Did you fully augment rakata? If not, you are missing a extra 200+ [strength, Willpower, Cunning, Aim] and 100+ Endurance.

Also if you farm SM EC, NM KP, HM LI and HM Kaon and also do EoT you should be able to acquire some pieces of Black Hole gear and put it on the Rakata gear, that should buff up your gear more.

We havent augmented them yet (that I know of) but we were saying it should be do-able because it came out before 1.3.

We havent augmented them yet (that I know of) but we were saying it should be do-able because it came out before 1.3.

You could have augmented stuff before 1.3. It was just a bit tougher to get. Augments will put you over the top.

Also whats your dps composition?

The minefield robots we have one of our healers take care of it. he cc one and has the other go towards him. then i beleive he shields up and runs into the first ala soa lightning balls ( I believe though not sure since I'm up top everytime, I just know he is the one handling them.

As for Kephess I think your talking about the post 60% part after the pull in+purple circle. After we get out of the purple circle we have the dps jump in and start dps while tank positions Kephess (one reason we hit enrage in vid was because the dps didn't get in there right away). They can't go full dps during the transition since he is moving into position, but any dps is needed. Most important part is making sure when the tanks swap that Kephess doesn't move and also the dps have to understand that Kephess may turn a bit towards the side the tank is coming from to relieve the current Kephess tank. This is why we tank against the wall so the knockback doesn't mess things up. One other thing on this for any PT tanks out there, our final hurdle for beating HM Kephess was the fact I kept insta-dying from the No Escape move that kept targeting me. Just make sure while placing the purple circles down that you don't do any dps at all (even rapid shots), as this will make him jump over and **** you.

edit: ahh you mean the Shield mobs. Just kill warrior then smash/sweeping your way through. If we don't kill them all we just move onto the next warrior and repeat till all 3 warriors dead. We also pull one mob out to the side for any recovery time for healers but mainly so we can position to kill him in middle so when bomb spawns we can pull him safely without the frontal cone aoe from the battlewalker

Edited by BigV

You could have augmented stuff before 1.3. It was just a bit tougher to get. Augments will put you over the top.

Augments are kinda needed now since armor debuffs don't stack anymore. First weekend after 1.3 we were hitting enrages even on fights we never hit enrage on before

The minefield robots we have one of our healers take care of it. he cc one and has the other go towards him. then i beleive he shields up and runs into the first ala soa lightning balls ( I believe though not sure since I'm up top everytime, I just know he is the one handling them.

As for Kephess I think your talking about the post 60% part after the pull in+purple circle. After we get out of the purple circle we have the dps jump in and start dps while tank positions Kephess (one reason we hit enrage in vid was because the dps didn't get in there right away). They can't go full dps during the transition since he is moving into position, but any dps is needed. Most important part is making sure when the tanks swap that Kephess doesn't move and also the dps have to understand that Kephess may turn a bit towards the side the tank is coming from to relieve the current Kephess tank. This is why we tank against the wall so the knockback doesn't mess things up. One other thing on this for any PT tanks out there, our final hurdle for beating HM Kephess was the fact I kept insta-dying from the No Escape move that kept targeting me. Just make sure while placing the purple circles down that you don't do any dps at all (even rapid shots), as this will make him jump over and **** you.

Think he meant the part where we have to clear the shield mobs because cyclone slash is knight version of sweeping slash. I don't know about the maraduers but I always smash and then just spam sweeping slash over and over until they're dead. In Shien form I can get out a lot of sweeping slashes with a full rage bar.

Think he meant the part where we have to clear the shield mobs because cyclone slash is knight version of sweeping slash. I don't know about the maraduers but I always smash and then just spam sweeping slash over and over until they're dead. In Shien form I can get out a lot of sweeping slashes with a full rage bar.

Yeah just realized that and edited the post

Group comp varies, depending on who signs up but most of the time it is 1 Gunslinger (yours truly) 1 Commando, 2 Sentinels.

Great video of Kephess and love the Linkin Park which was perfect for the fight!

Thanks for the explanation. On the trandoshan shield phase I saw you left one alive for awhile, were you fooling around or waiting for a cooldown to come back up?

Guess I'm putting cyclone slash back on my bar :) I always talk about how useless it is given the rage cost, but I guess in this situation it's a necessity. Normally our melee (in story) take out the trandoshan warrior asap and then let the ranged aoe the rest of the mob, with us killing the stragglers.

We just had our breakthrough on Vorgath a few times in a row but only put a few attempts in on Kephess. Looking forward to getting this in the next few weeks.

Great video of Kephess and love the Linkin Park which was perfect for the fight!

Thanks for the explanation. On the trandoshan shield phase I saw you left one alive for awhile, were you fooling around or waiting for a cooldown to come back up?

Guess I'm putting cyclone slash back on my bar :) I always talk about how useless it is given the rage cost, but I guess in this situation it's a necessity. Normally our melee (in story) take out the trandoshan warrior asap and then let the ranged aoe the rest of the mob, with us killing the stragglers.

We just had our breakthrough on Vorgath a few times in a row but only put a few attempts in on Kephess. Looking forward to getting this in the next few weeks.

At least as a vengeance jugg because of the rage refund from shien form my dps skyrockets when there are a group of mobs because I saber throw charge and then smash which fills my rage bar almost all the way up then I throw in sundering assault and enrage when necessary and I can just spam aoes over and over again. Sweeping slash on it's own is a weak expensive attack but with shien form and using multiple slashes on a group of enemies it really adds up quick.

Ok 1.2 wise, most guildies grabbed Augmented armor and swapped their stuff on it, the set bonus worthless anyway. Also, you can get augmentable items for the main hand and off hand (weapons), bracer and wrist as well so you coulda grabbed those too.

FYI the minefield robots only explode for like 15k damage. Anyone in the raid can stun one and eat the other. Or a mara/sent can UDR them both. We didn't kill those the first few months we did the instance, we just ignored them and ate them.

I would say all the bosses are a little unforgiving on the DPS side if you're in Rakata, you can't make any mistakes. But, after 3-4 months, everyone in your raid should be in full best in slot even if you've never killed a single boss in ECHM.... My full best in slot has one single campaign piece-- the weapon.

For the Shielded Trandoshians, the healers also throw in the aoe lightning as well during the shield bosses as well, cause they can do 800 a tick of damage as well so having the healers with revivification ANd the lightning helps with downing those mobs quicker once the warrior is down.

For the Explosive robots healers can handle this so long as they can kite and rotate their CC's correctly. I use the PvP Set bonus to recover my shields faster because the full PVE set bonus is useless (extra 50 force points is rubbish). SO i can run in charge and soak up the damage. Its 10k which I can easily heal through with revificiation, resurgence and innervate. Also I use defensive rakata stims so i get an extra 1k hp Which helps, WIllpower stim isnt essential here.

We keep the one alive mainly so when we go to mid to pull bomb the battlewalker isn't shooting his aoe right at where we standing, also use it for healers to recover force and/or top everyone off if needed

For that phase, we left 1 around because we want to position the walker's AoE attack where it wont affect us trying to get the bomb guy when we pull him. We wait till he is shooting his aoe attack in front so that when we pull the bomb guy we wont get hit with 4k AoE damage in all the groups.

As for the Trandoshan warrior, he has to die first. Once he goes down you can unload the AoE attacks.on the rest.