Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

If you could buff one defensive ability...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Gunslinger / Sniper
If you could buff one defensive ability...

caravaggio
05.02.2012 , 07:19 PM | #1
Which would it be and how would you buff it?

For me it would be cover pulse not needing cover to activate... maybe just a tad longer root with it too.

ZDProletariat
05.02.2012 , 07:47 PM | #2
if I could only buff one?
Dodge needs to actually dodge everything. As it stands, Tech, Force, and even some physical get through (I've been hit by 3k hits from knights through dodge. Not sure what skills they are)

3 seconds is far too short for a skill that only blocks some things. It needs to either be 6 seconds, or remain 3 and dodge everything.
"Do you find that normal nerve after the thug that two other classes as loud clap louder than see him before the nerve? The 5k is full of stuff I champion and master of combat. This game is the bag B ** E! Brave the nerve of thug developers not prevail in paradise." - Authentic SWTOR Forum Post

Beeblefet
05.02.2012 , 09:12 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by ZDProletariat View Post
if I could only buff one?
Dodge needs to actually dodge everything. As it stands, Tech, Force, and even some physical get through (I've been hit by 3k hits from knights through dodge. Not sure what skills they are)

3 seconds is far too short for a skill that only blocks some things. It needs to either be 6 seconds, or remain 3 and dodge everything.
QFT. Dodge is so-so as is (nothing feels better than hitting dodge right before a rival sniper tries to blast your face off) but it doesn't feel like a proper defensive cooldown because I can still go splat really fast while it's popped.

Wjosephd
05.03.2012 , 12:10 AM | #4
I would like to hit Hunker down and it drop me into cover automaticly as well as Pulse detonate...

Junostorm
05.04.2012 , 08:33 AM | #5
Defence Screen needs to absorb at least twice or triple its current amount. Compared to the Sage's shield, which has a much shorter CD and absorbs more, it fails as a defensive ability.

Dodge needs to dodge everything.

Any ability that requires you to be in cover should automatically put you in cover.

Dot crits heal us would be nice.
Jun÷ - Gunslinger | Armoury - Vanguard | Jun˘ - Sentinel
The Stormtooth Legecy
New and improved, now with even more threat!
Total Aggression Gaming - Republic - The Shadowlands server

JoyProtocol
05.04.2012 , 09:55 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Junostorm View Post
Defence Screen needs to absorb at least twice or triple its current amount. Compared to the Sage's shield, which has a much shorter CD and absorbs more, it fails as a defensive ability.

Dodge needs to dodge everything.

Any ability that requires you to be in cover should automatically put you in cover.

Dot crits heal us would be nice.
For what it's worth, Defense Screen is free and does not use a GCD. As a Saboteur, I get great use out of it with my +30% and dual use via Sabotage

offbeatpaladin
05.04.2012 , 09:59 AM | #7
We'd need a real defensive ability before we can get a buff to one.
HOW YOU LIKE YO EGGS?!?

FRIED OR FERTILIZED?

Whetstone
05.04.2012 , 10:52 AM | #8
Make Dodge cleanse dots.

Arehonn
05.04.2012 , 11:52 AM | #9
Make Cover a 20 percent defense chance against both melee and ranged, instead of just ranged like it is now.

Make Hunker Down a 5 percent increase to armor mitigation.
SEV - plasmatech / BOSS - shieldtech / SCORCH - gunnery / FIXER - medic

DELTA SQUAD

DarthLightSide
05.08.2012 , 01:43 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Whetstone View Post
Make Dodge cleanse dots.
Not a bad idea...since we have no heals, force speed, combat stealth (at least short one like Marauder would be nice) to keep us alive. GS relies on group heals too much...it's usually a sad sad day if we get caugh in an open field trying to get to an objective...get DoT'd then hit a couple of times....and people just run away because they know we'll die from the DoT haha.

We're the softest glass canons in the game with the least amount of survivablity...and our only true single target DPS requires us to be rooted...good times
GAME of THRONES

queen: "I shall wear this like a badge of honor"
king: "Wear it in Silence..or I'll Honor you AGAIN!"