Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Class Changes: Lethality Operative / Ruffian Scoundrel

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Scoundrel / Operative
Class Changes: Lethality Operative / Ruffian Scoundrel
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

quantez's Avatar


quantez
08.07.2017 , 12:01 PM | #11
how can you do math on this post while they don't state how much "additional damage" is?
Is that a hairstyle, or did a womp rat die on your head?

masterceil's Avatar


masterceil
08.07.2017 , 12:07 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by quantez View Post
how can you do math on this post while they don't state how much "additional damage" is?
Safe assumption is that it's an extra tick from each of the DoTs, which I would think to be the minimum, anyway.
Appreciate the help/snark in the above post? Click here to help me out!
~{ Celestial Argonauts }~
~{ Celestial Dreadnauts }~

shyroman's Avatar


shyroman
08.07.2017 , 12:10 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by masterceil View Post
Safe assumption is that it's an extra tick from each of the DoTs, which I would think to be the minimum, anyway.
Yeah this is what I assumed, similar to how virulence works, but just does the same damage damage as dots instead of reproccing dots (so to not also proc toxic blast which would make there not really be a nerf at all). It might not be this at all but it's the best we have, and it would make the nerf reasonable (not staying quite as far ahead while still being at or near the top).
Ryann-Sniper Apophas-Marauder | Lindseey-Gunslinger Kathrene-Sentinel
Nightmare - Honey Badgers
Jedi Covenant

Jevaruss's Avatar


Jevaruss
08.07.2017 , 12:13 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
The triggered damage from Lethality / Ruffian periodic effects is less than the poison / bleed damage from the Corrosive Assault / Brutal Shots ability which it is replacing, causing overall DPS output to go down.

-eric
I have a feeling this means a bigger nerf to this spec than the post seems to let on, depending on how they tinker with the numbers here.
Commando, Shadowlands

quantez's Avatar


quantez
08.07.2017 , 12:14 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by masterceil View Post
Safe assumption is that it's an extra tick from each of the DoTs, which I would think to be the minimum, anyway.
My experience with BW's nerfs/buffs is that it is almost never what you'd expect.

Why can't we get some exact numbers on this one, while the other 2 changes gave us 2 digit %?
Is that a hairstyle, or did a womp rat die on your head?

JLazarillo's Avatar


JLazarillo
08.07.2017 , 12:26 PM | #16
These seem fair from an Operations perspective and such, hopefully it wont be a disproportionally hard hit against heroic/chapter/casual play.

quantez's Avatar


quantez
08.07.2017 , 12:27 PM | #17
I am glad they didn't kill the burst, since it was already non-existent
Is that a hairstyle, or did a womp rat die on your head?

Rion_Starkiller's Avatar


Rion_Starkiller
08.07.2017 , 12:40 PM | #18
It looks like most of the nerf will be in increasing weapons damage vs internal damage. Thus armor heavy armor high DR will take noticeably less damage...?

The energy management should be interesting, but still easy.
Unsubbed because bored by lack of new content.
Quote: Originally Posted by Trolltar View Post
I believe he's quoting a frequent contributor to these forums. His name is Strawman.
Quote: Originally Posted by Edyn View Post
I like RNG because I'm better at being lucky than you are. l2p

Mubrak's Avatar


Mubrak
08.07.2017 , 12:44 PM | #19
Quote:
Corrosive Assault weapon damage has been increased by 13.97% but it no longer triggers Toxic Blast damage
Corrosive Assault no longer deals additional damage per poison effect. Instead, Corrosive Assault weapon damage now triggers additional damage from your periodic poison effects
So CA was like 45% Weapon damage + 40% additional tech damage +15% Toxic Blast damage
Take the remaining 45% and add the 14% "damage increase" and we're at 51% of its original damage.
Two extra ticks of poison damage are around 30% so we're back at 81%

The question is now whether those extra poison ticks trigger toxic blast. If they do, we still get 10% of the TB damage and are at 91% of the original damage. Corrosive Assault is about 45% of Lethality's damage. so it's about a 4-5% dps loss in total.

If the extra poison ticks don't trigger toxic blast it's a 8-9% dps loss, but by basically taking TB out of the rotation, it becomes much easier to switch targets, and in PVP much harder for an opponent to cleanse at the right time. Might actually be worth it outside of dummy parsing.
Say NO to forced server merges!
Make transfers easier - for those willing to move.

Referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/rszTdG

LanternsUnite's Avatar


LanternsUnite
08.07.2017 , 01:01 PM | #20
Surprised A LOT by these changes. Thought they were going to nerf Lethality as much as they did to Virulence and Arsenal. Don't really see this putting us a lot down on the boards, besides maybe a ~500 DPS nerf to top parses max. Curious to see how much of a change it is though and if with the additional energy cost from Toxic Blast, we may have to conserve energy more and use probe a lot more on CD.
Sarctyc
Harbringer/TRE Operative PvPer/PvEr
Clickbait for Stuff