Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Class Changes: Lethality Operative / Ruffian Scoundrel

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Scoundrel / Operative
Class Changes: Lethality Operative / Ruffian Scoundrel
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
08.07.2017 , 10:14 AM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey folks,

Below are the upcoming changes for Lethality and Ruffian along with the notes from the dev team on why they are occurring.

Quote:
Note: All changes below are currently in development and are subject to change before being released.

Operative
Lethality
  • Corrosive Assault weapon damage has been increased by 13.97% but it no longer triggers Toxic Blast damage
  • Corrosive Assault no longer deals additional damage per poison effect. Instead, Corrosive Assault weapon damage now triggers additional damage from your periodic poison effects
  • Toxic Blast now costs 10 Energy and deals 14.29% more damage

Scoundrel
Ruffian
  • Brutal Shots weapon damage has been increased by 13.97% but it no longer triggers Sanguinary Shot damage
  • Brutal Shots no longer deals additional damage per bleed effect. Instead, Brutal Shots weapon damage now triggers additional damage from your periodic bleed effects
  • Sanguinary Shot now costs 10 Energy and deals 14.29% more damage

DevNotes: The Lethality / Ruffian discipline was overperforming, so we made a few changes that lower its DPS down to the appropriate target. Corrosive Assault / Brutal Shots saw the bulk of the changes for Lethality / Ruffian because the ability was responsible for the bulk of the disciplineís damage. The triggered damage from Lethality / Ruffian periodic effects is less than the poison / bleed damage from the Corrosive Assault / Brutal Shots ability which it is replacing, causing overall DPS output to go down.

The increase to Toxic Blastís / Sanguinary Shotís cost along with the fact that it is no longer triggered by Corrosive Assault / Brutal Shots weapon damage means that its overall effectiveness has been reduced as well. We increased the energy cost of Toxic Blast / Sanguinary Shot because energy management for Lethality / Ruffian was trivial to the point that Adrenaline Probe / Cool Head and Rifle Shot / Flurry of Bolts often never needed to be used by the discipline.
Thanks everyone.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

masterceil
08.07.2017 , 10:16 AM | #2
OMG not a nuke from orbit from what I can tell at a glance! Thanks, my guildies were getting tired of my :sob: emojis in Discord as I anticipated the worst!

Now to actually read the post in detail

Edit: So yeah, definitely a nerf, but I'm thinking it could've been a lot worse. I'll have to look at my previous parses when I get home to gauge the overall effect I can expect from this. I'm a little worried about the +10 cost to Sanguinary Shot, though - a sort of 'stealth nerf' may come in the form of using Flurry of Bolts as a filler instead of Quick Shot. I just hope I don't need to use more Flurries than I do Quicks now to maintain...
Appreciate the help/snark in the above post? Click here to help me out!
Celestial ArgonautsCelestial Dreadnauts
Star Forged from the Ebon Hawk cacd.enjin.com

killatroll
08.07.2017 , 10:22 AM | #3
Not bad, I look forward to trying this out when it goes live.

shyroman
08.07.2017 , 10:26 AM | #4
Quote:
The triggered damage from Lethality / Ruffian periodic effects is less than the poison / bleed damage from the Corrosive Assault / Brutal Shots ability which it is replacing, causing overall DPS output to go down.
So is the new damage the same damage as the dot ticks, or is it some unknown decrease?
Ryann - Sniper | Ryannack - Sorcerer | Apophas - Marauder
Jesicca - Mercenary | Lindseey - Gunslinger
Origin - Honey Badgers
Jedi Covenant

masterceil
08.07.2017 , 10:29 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by shyroman View Post
So is the new damage the same damage as the dot ticks, or is it some unknown decrease?
That's my second-biggest question mark right now (first being whether 1:1 replacement of Flurry of Bolts instead of Quick Shot will be enough to sustain Sanguinary Shot's energy cost).

Quote:
Brutal Shots no longer deals additional damage per bleed effect. Instead, Brutal Shots weapon damage now triggers additional damage from your periodic bleed effects
How much "additional damage"? Is it just an extra tick of Shrap Bomb/Vital Shot's regular damage values? Some percentage? Some unrelated, unknown number?

AdjeYo
08.07.2017 , 10:29 AM | #6
Probably just the same as a dot tick, similar to Virulence

killatroll
08.07.2017 , 10:30 AM | #7
With the old damage it was around 2k-6k dmg per dot. Now its going to hit the target with the dot damage instead. Which is around 1.5k-4k depending on crits. Except for toxic blast dot, which is low, doing 675-1242 dmg a tick.

RikuvonDrake
08.07.2017 , 11:42 AM | #8
Overall these sounds like good changes, the spec needed to be nerfed in terms of damage output

Bloodworthy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd - The Red Eclipse - Darth Malgus

shyroman
08.07.2017 , 11:55 AM | #9
So with my rough calculations and looking at parses I got to be around a 300 dps nerf. Reasonable nerfs don't seem to be outside the abilities of bw.
Ryann - Sniper | Ryannack - Sorcerer | Apophas - Marauder
Jesicca - Mercenary | Lindseey - Gunslinger
Origin - Honey Badgers
Jedi Covenant

masterceil
08.07.2017 , 11:59 AM | #10
So with my rough calculations and looking at parses I got to be around a 300 dps nerf. Reasonable nerfs don't seem to be outside the abilities of bw.
Hey, nice. It looked every bit of the 400-500 dps nerf I personally was expecting, but I haven't looked at my own numbers yet.

Anyone else not at work able to do some more math on this?