Same gender relationships clarifications?

elexier

Ugh. Disappointed, but not surprised. If SGRA's are with Makeb, it certainly seems that BW: Austin is quite happy with the Pay2Gay idea. Disgusting.

.... Didn't even think about that. Of course, it makes no mention of it either way - so this may just turn out to be yet another fake goalpost that's gonna get moved again.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

**creeps in**

I hope everyone is doing okay.

And welcome back, Captain.

You, your jokes and now your contribution to GLAAD, make it happen Cap'n!

Night all.

Thanks, Natashina! Hey, anything to help. Yeah, I want Kira THAT badly for my female Knight. :D

Anyhow, the Prologue Chapter 00 is up on that site I mentioned in the PM to you. "Knight & Warrior", that is. I just saw that it's up. Hope you enjoy it! I have more chapters submitted and they should be up soon. :)

.... Didn't even think about that. Of course, it makes no mention of it either way - so this may just turn out to be yet another fake goalpost that's gonna get moved again.

Seeing as Makeb was our own likely update to give us SGRA's, I am not terribly pleased by this information. I've wondered for a long time if BW: Austin actually means to introduce this content and this revelation on Makeb is starting to cement their discriminatory apathy in my mind.

Seeing as Makeb was our own likely update to give us SGRA's, I am not terribly pleased by this information. I've wondered for a long time if BW: Austin actually means to introduce this content and this revelation on Makeb is starting to cement their discriminatory apathy in my mind.

Indeed - maybe I'll throw down a tenner for the discount, and resub when it actually launches with the arcs in place. 14 days remaining, and I'm ready to just grab my hat from the cloakroom and wander off.

Indeed - maybe I'll throw down a tenner for the discount, and resub when it actually launches with the arcs in place. 14 days remaining, and I'm ready to just grab my hat from the cloakroom and wander off.

I think Preferred status allows you to continue posting, if you really wanted, but I wouldn't blame you for just dropping everything and sodding off. I hope we get more information from BW: Autsin about Makeb now that they've released this tidbit, but I get the feeling they won't say anything until February.

I think Preferred status allows you to continue posting, if you really wanted, but I wouldn't blame you for just dropping everything and sodding off. I hope we get more information from BW: Autsin about Makeb now that they've released this tidbit, but I get the feeling they won't say anything until February.

I just really need to wash away this whole year (okay, April was the one good month) and all the associated crap I went through - slamming my head against this wall they built was a small, but frustrating part of it and I'm just running on fumes to care about their lack of interest.

C'mon 2013, show me what you've got.

I think that the concept of SGRAs going in with Makeb actually referred to them being put in the same update as Makeb, NOT that they're part of the Makeb package. I'm willing to bet that even if we need to pay for Makeb we won't need to pay for SGRAs, and that they'll just be put in at the same time.

Maybe it's just me but I've been running under the assumption that the 'SGRAs with Makeb' pseudo-statement meant 'at the same time' or 'in the same update', not 'is a part of the Makeb content'.

I think that the concept of SGRAs going in with Makeb actually referred to them being put in the same update as Makeb, NOT that they're part of the Makeb package. I'm willing to bet that even if we need to pay for Makeb we won't need to pay for SGRAs, and that they'll just be put in at the same time.

Maybe it's just me but I've been running under the assumption that the 'SGRAs with Makeb' pseudo-statement meant 'at the same time' or 'in the same update', not 'is a part of the Makeb content'.

I've been hoping that as well - in my past experience with expansions for other games, there have always been patch updates that coincide with the content release, these usually balancing classes and changing certain things that affect people who have not bought the expansion as well. However, I do not trust Bioware to have SGRA's as part of the patch update that coincides with Makeb.

Unless they claim that all Gay in the universe originates from Makeb I don't think it'd make any sense to bundle it as part of the Makeb content. I mean, trust or lack of it aside, it just wouldn't make any sense. Edited by Kioma

Unless they claim that all Gay in the universe originates from Makeb I don't think it'd make any sense to bundle it as part of the Makeb content. I mean, trust or lack of it aside, it just wouldn't make any sense.

They have to pad out "one planet, PvP, no class story follow-up" with something, to call this content patch an expansion... and they haven't exactly shown themselves to be above that kind of thing.

It could be possible that because Makeb contains further story content, they'll bundle the SGRA's as they are 'story content'. That Makeb is likely not going to be furthering the class content (unless, of course, it's Avengers style, apparently) is somewhat irrelevant - unless they are making SGRA's post-50 content, in which case they would be furthering class story content as companions are unique to each class, which would piss off more people than it pleases.

"What? They said more class story and all I get are [Flirts]?" /rage

"I've been holding off playing my chosen class for over a year only to find out the companion I get right away I can't romance until level 51?" /rage

etc.

It's not so much that Bioware are malicious when it comes to these decisions, but rather that they don't seem to care or be aware of their customer's opinions on the game and its content.

Unless they claim that all Gay in the universe originates from Makeb I don't think it'd make any sense to bundle it as part of the Makeb content. I mean, trust or lack of it aside, it just wouldn't make any sense.

It would also mean that, aside from pay2gay which is bad enough, you also need grind to 50 to even see a flirt:rolleyes:

I'm not sure, depending on the quailty of the content, that I'd mind paying for SGR as long as ANYONE had to pay for new story content, which certainly seems the case. I worry more about the quality of said update, since expansions usually don't really offer content in scale and magnitude of a 'full' game.

My worst case scenario would be they offer few companions with SGR options with three conversations in total, you know, lacklustre stuff. I certainly hope that's not the case but since we don't know anything yet, at this point I just hope for the best. :(

Edited by Lent_San

It's not so much that Bioware are malicious when it comes to these decisions, but rather that they don't seem to care or be aware of their customer's opinions on the game and its content.

Yeah - "they're not evil, just stupid". I can't even laugh at that anymore.

It would also mean that, aside from pay2gay which is bad enough, you also need grind to 50 to even see a flirt:rolleyes:

No one ever said that these decisions were made by the sharpest tools in the shed...

Yeah - "they're not evil, just stupid". I can't even laugh at that anymore.

It's not the most compelling argument, is it? At least if they were evil, they'd be planning and paying attention to the playerbase to consciously make decisions and moves that anger people, rather than being such halfwits that they think what they've done so far is acceptable. Or even adequate.

Edited by Tatile

So now the guessing and hoping begins. :rolleyes:

At least, it's not that far in the future, so I'm sure stuff will leak over time. :(

More than likely they'll be bigging up Makeb's content in order to sell it to people (both current players and those on a break), I expect more solid information in February, but they could start giving little tidbits after Boxing Day/New Year's Day.

Well, I'm a sucker... so I just went ahead and pre-ordered the new chapter.

Now I'm just crossing my fingers and waiting for an SGRA confirmation.

You may be waiting for a while.

It looks like another thread has sprung up from the aether of public consciousness. It's good that it's bringing some attention to people though.

Edited by Revanchis

And still no mention of SGRs. Certainly not going to pre-order, and also not extending my sub.

If SGRs were in this expansion, then I don't see why they couldn't say so. I see no reason to fool myself into believing that it will be in there but they're simply not telling.

Too bad. I guess this also means we won't be seeing SGRs for quite a while.

It looks like another thread has sprung up from the aether of public consciousness. It's good that it's bringing some attention to people though.

I know we shouldn't be hiding in the Story and Lore board, but by Cthulhu I hate every single SGRA thread that pops up in General Discussion. It's as if because we're no longer sitting in the corner, all the antis suddenly have the "right" to ***** and moan about how their content is so much more important and how they're not homophobic honest they just don't think non-heteros should ever be represented in a game.

Too bad. I guess this also means we won't be seeing SGRs for quite a while.

Well, BW:Austin aren't exactly the inclusive Bioware we thought they were, so no, it's possible that Makeb won't have SGRA's and they'll be pushed back for "quality issues".

Edited by Tatile

I know we shouldn't be hiding in the Story and Lore board, but by Cthulhu I hate every single SGRA thread that pops up in General Discussion. It's as if because we're no longer sitting in the corner, all the antis suddenly have the "right" to ***** and moan about how their content is so much more important and how they're not homophobic honest they just don't think non-heteros should ever be represented in a game.

I'm over there, 'fighting the fight' again. But it's getting increasingly boring always having to argue with the same three anti-peeps over there who clearly have issues. :rolleyes:

Well, I'm a sucker... so I just went ahead and pre-ordered the new chapter.

Now I'm just crossing my fingers and waiting for an SGRA confirmation.

I pre-ordered too. Still gonna unsub if SGRAs are not in. I'm not that easy to get, BW. :cool:

Keep in mind that they've announced *very* little regarding the expansion so far. Also, regardless of whether you get the expansion or not, the content of it will be downloaded as an update, you just won't be able to access it. Now, that doesn't mean they won't include things that everyone *can* access regardless of whether they buy it. On the contrary, actually. Updates that include expansion content generally also includes bugfixes.

So, if you consider that, there *is* a chance that SGRs will be included in the update, but available to all. We'll simply have to wait and see. (Keep in mind that if that's the case, they might not announce the SGRs as being part of the expansion, but they'll probably be listed in patch notes instead)

As for a bit of personal speculation regarding the expansion: I'm guessing Cathar and possibly SGRs will be part of the update, with Cathar as expansion content and (hopefully) SGRs as part of regular content patching.

Huh, I've never seen that happen before - instead of just closing the new thread in general, the mods merged it with Uluain's, hmm.

Anyhoo, back on topic, while it's tempting to pre-order Makeb now, I really don't want to give them my money if SGRAs are going to be part of the paid content - if ever there was a time to give us some info, it's now.

Edited by MoogleNut