25 Max Missions needs to be increased to 50

Burtlebe

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bioware, just in case even you guys and gals don't know how many dailies/weeklies there are in your game at 50/55, look here:

http://dulfy.net/2013/04/14/swtor-level-55-endgame-gearing-guide/

And that's not counting PvP, speeder quests, event quests, unfinished class/planetary quests, and dailies/weeklies like those on Voss that only reward rep, not comms.

Increase.The.Mission.Log.Limit. PLEASE!!!

Edited by Mugen_no_Jidai

Bioware, just in case even you guys and gals don't know how many dailies/weeklies there are in your game at 50/55, look here:

http://dulfy.net/2013/04/14/swtor-level-55-endgame-gearing-guide/

And that's not counting PvP, speeder quests, event quests, unfinished class/planetary quests, and dailies/weeklies like those on Voss that only reward rep, not comms.

Increase.The.Mission.Log.Limit. PLEASE!!!

Nice thanks for the link, didn't realize there were so many.

/SIGNED!!!

My missions are continually running out now, and I NEVER had a problem before. The amount of Dailies you get on Makeb alone is alone enough to make them add at least 10 more. The Weeklies, Dailies, Droid Quests, Binocs, etc. NO WAY you have enough room for all that. I am getting VERY annoyed having to keep hitting L to see my quest update.

• Dev Post

Hey everyone,

We have seen a few requests since the launch of Rise of the Hutt Cartel for the Mission Log size to be increased above 25 and I wanted to explain why that limit is currently in place. The Mission Log, just like all other components of the game, directly affects a player's performance in game. The goal in limiting the log to only 25 missions is to help mitigate potential area server hitches and ability lag they may encounter. Simply put, players could see decreased game performance with a Mission Log larger than 25.

Hopefully that helps explain a bit why the limit is what it is. There are currently no plans to change that limit but it is something we will continue to monitor.

Thanks!

-eric

Hey everyone,

We have seen a few requests since the launch of Rise of the Hutt Cartel for the Mission Log size to be increased above 25 and I wanted to explain why that limit is currently in place. The Mission Log, just like all other components of the game, directly affects a player's performance in game. The goal in limiting the log to only 25 missions is to help mitigate potential area server hitches and ability lag they may encounter. Simply put, players could see decreased game performance with a Mission Log larger than 25.

Hopefully that helps explain a bit why the limit is what it is. There are currently no plans to change that limit but it is something we will continue to monitor.

Thanks!

-eric

So, in short, once again, the game's terrible engine is to blame for such an annoying limitation.

So you are saying that you can release a whole expansion, with a new planet, new quests, new abilities, new items, new crafting schematics, people running around digging in the ground with seeker droids, looking around with binoculars, and a 2000-item achievement list ... and that's fine ...

... but taking the mission log from 25 quests to 35 quests would cause unacceptable performance issues? :confused:

Edited by LarryRow

So chat bubbles (this was stated previously by a dev as to why they aren't in the game) and mission logs cause performance issues, eh? Don't you think it's time to fix the inner workings of this terrible platform the game is running on if TEXT is causing performance issues?

This is the only MMO that I've ever seen that has stated mission logs and chat bubbles cause performance issues btw.

Hey everyone,

Thanks!

-eric

That should have been a red flag for not continuing the use of this Engine. Quests affecting direct performance for players? Gee boys, I wonder what else will. Oh that's right, 99% of the UI as well

Edited by Echriado

Hey everyone,

Thanks!

-eric

Well, how about only 10 missions top tracked at once (tbh, more than 5 and I get lost, lol ) and 50 on your log.

Do untracked missions still impact on performance ?

Well, how about only 10 missions top tracked at once (tbh, more than 5 and I get lost, lol ) and 50 on your log.

Same thing I was going to suggest - limit the number that can be tracked, but increase the total in the log (not sure why the log would cause performance issues, but I can "understand" how tracked quests "could").

Hey everyone,

Thanks!

-eric

So let me get this right.. We just got this HUGE new Reputation and Achievements UI section, but can't increase an existing one? WOW.. just WOW.. :mad:

How about making a NEW Section just for dailies or weekly's or long term or space missions to be mission log based?

Probably, since you can still make progress on untracked missions, so the game needs to keep tabs on that. What would work is a "pause" feature for missions where you take away even your ability to make progress on a mission. But I doubt they would do that because it would cause a storm of customer service QQ if someone, say, completed a hardmode Operation, but their weekly was paused.

Remember when having too many crafting recipes lagged people like crazy? They were able to fix that, but fixing this will probably be harder. It's absurd that the engine is so bad you can't have 35 active quests instead of 25, but we're stuck with it.

Meanwhile, we should probably advocate for creative solutions instead. For example, is there any reason I need to pick up that Hard Mode Operation weekly? Why can't I just get the rewards for it after the first hard mode operation I complete that week?

Hey everyone,

Thanks!

-eric

Ridiculous.

Meanwhile, we should probably advocate for creative solutions instead. For example, is there any reason I need to pick up that Hard Mode Operation weekly? Why can't I just get the rewards for it after the first hard mode operation I complete that week?

Good CALL - tie those to the LOCKOUT instead. That would be a GREAT IDEA actually that happened automatically. Move the WEEKLY ones to tie to the final boss instead and drop near equal on EACH of the bosses. Like Classic (EC, EV, KP) would have a weekly, but now it drops on each last boss. (Roughly same number so if people want to do all three ops they would have good reason)

Bioware you did this - Please FIX what you have released. Hard to believe nobody saw this coming with new Space Missions, New Ops, New Flash Points, New Cool Search & Digging Tools, etc.

Edited by dscount

Hey everyone,

Thanks!

-eric

It just continues to amaze me how much could be done in certain games 10 years ago that can't be done in this new one. Someone really needs to have a look at their database optimization when a simple quest log causes latency issues. This has to be one of the top complaints I hear in game from people that are running pve missions.

I'll just throw it out there but I must say I find that explanation incredibly hard to believe.

Why? Well because if tracking a couple of more missions would have such an impact on game performance shouldn't the huge achievement system with all the data it contains have had a similar effect, same goes for the codex which has to track what codex entries each character has.

Edited by Leonick