Missing in Action - Deadeyes

Cheeseblaster

I'm Lvl 28 Vangaurd-Shield Spec. I went back to try and do this quest after doing the first couple on Tattoine, and had trouble with both Aric and M1.

I read that was supposed to be a Level 23 quest and normal difficulty ( I forget where one of those online databases), Torhead calls it Hard diffuculty. Yet every gaurd I cam up against was 5000+ HP, and there were often multiple gaurds to fight at once.

Is this really a Level 23 mission?

I though about using Dourne, but am hesitant since you give up the DPS Aric gives you.

Thoughts? Or am I just sucking something fierce on this one. :D

Edited by Cheeseblaster

And good luck getting to the mission entrance. Unless I totally missed a path somewhere, the mission entrance lays between 2 imperial bases... with the level 50 elite guards on the perimeter.

When you do make it through, don't forget to get the datacron in that area while you're there.

I rolled it a good 4 levels beyond the requirement to be safe.A really short mission too.

Ya, it is short. I got to the entrence to the cellblock OK. But once you get there it's a little different in my tries at it.

I think I might go back in a bit after an armor and weapon upgrade.

And good luck getting to the mission entrance. Unless I totally missed a path somewhere, the mission entrance lays between 2 imperial bases... with the level 50 elite guards on the perimeter.

When you do make it through, don't forget to get the datacron in that area while you're there.

Ya it's in a weird place. The description led me to believe it was near the prison I had a previous mission near but its not. And the path is pretty heavily gaurded. I had to dance around at least 1 high level Sith with something like 12,000XP.

Where is the datacron there?

There is a tunnel from the Dune Sea that takes you past the IMP bases and into the canyon (quest area for Imps). The tunnel is just a little south of the Imp town in the Dune Sea.

The 1st time, I died/snuck/ran/died/snuck through am Imp base.After getting through the base, there IS another way.Through a pvp zone which is marked by Sand People flags/animal bones to the northwest of the Imp base, I think.It's not marked in anyway shape or form on the map but is accessed without going through the Imp base.On my server there was no one in the pvp zone so, no problem.

Edited by CaliJoe

Ya it's in a weird place. The description led me to believe it was near the prison I had a previous mission near but its not. And the path is pretty heavily gaurded. I had to dance around at least 1 high level Sith with something like 12,000XP.

Where is the datacron there?

When you exit the mission, stick to the left (western) mountain wall. About half way back to the Imp base there is a wide path up. At the top is part of a crashed freighter engine. Stick to the left and just past that engine you'll see a ledge (and there was a sandperson lieutenant standing there). If you look down you'll see more parts of the crashed ship as well as the glowing datacron. You'll have to drop down from ledge to ledge to get to it.

• 5 years later...