Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So, about skipping Kotfe-Kotet..

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
So, about skipping Kotfe-Kotet..

DarthCasus
09.10.2018 , 01:51 AM | #1
I know we can have more options than skipping both long, corridor based, walker-dragging-the-narrative-having, 'choice are important', poorly rewarded expansions with the default choices across the board being depending on what faction you are. Surely you good people at BioWare Austin can implement some sort of line of choices memory sequence before starting off where you're skipping to? I feel like the general consensus about the expansions are they're worth touching at least once (usually NOT on people's mains) but are a slog to run through again.

I personally enjoyed the stories the first time to some extent (Kotfe was a drag through and through) but now that some companions are back, is it really fair to have all choices defaulted to say Dark side on a Light side Imperial who up to then was being played as a pragmatic unifier? Having to run all through Kotfe to reconnect with Kaliyo (9 chapters!) to realize the romance trigger didn't work at all was.. something. And that's just on my 4th OG toon running through this hot trash.

Sorry about rambling but is it possible to get some sort of Mass Effect/Dragon Age Origin/Tapestry for these two expansions? Having it the way it currently is heavily discourages alting if you care even the slightest about certain classes (since reunions are arguably the best parts of these things) but you have to slog until reaching certain points.
Quote: Originally Posted by DragonTora View Post
ur being the "leet" one by letting the internet raise ur children and I would flash the bird to u if i could noob.
Quote: Originally Posted by BarrinMarshal
I know your part of the "Forum Apologist Five" group but stop

Kiesu
09.10.2018 , 02:51 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthCasus View Post
Sorry about rambling but is it possible to get some sort of Mass Effect/Dragon Age Origin/Tapestry for these two expansions?
This would be the absolute absolute ideal solution.

They wouldn't even need to make it as fancy as those, just a check-mark list to set up some flags would do wonders.
Refer! - Pawn alignment funzies - [Add impressive e-peen brag here]
What made Origin stories superior to KotFE/ET? All 8 story characters could co-exist.
Level and world designer, comic artist, general RP nerd and occasional snark novelist.
Legions of Lettow → Tomb of Freedon Nadd → Red Eclipse → Darth Malgus.

DarthCasus
09.10.2018 , 03:34 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Kiesu View Post

They wouldn't even need to make it as fancy as those, just a check-mark list to set up some flags would do do wonders.
Exactly, they've already mentioned that it's all a series of checks and nothing convoluted so I'd hope they're at least looking into it because I highly doubt people would stay active if to progress all they're toons to the new content, they'd have to throw away 2 expacs of choices or play through.
Quote: Originally Posted by DragonTora View Post
ur being the "leet" one by letting the internet raise ur children and I would flash the bird to u if i could noob.
Quote: Originally Posted by BarrinMarshal
I know your part of the "Forum Apologist Five" group but stop

Paulsutherland
09.10.2018 , 09:12 AM | #4
You mean like that check list mod you could install for Mass Effect 2/3 which would allow you tick events / romances for said character?

kodrac
09.10.2018 , 09:22 AM | #5

They wouldn't even need to make it as fancy as those, just a check-mark list to set up some flags would do wonders.
I've been wanting that ever since 4.0 and the new level 60 characters. Why create a character that assumes all previous choices and locks you out content as a result? Such a waste. Just give me a world state I can edit. But I guess that would be too much effort for the masses that don't bother with online things like forums and patch notes.
Quote: Originally Posted by aerockyul View Post
Id find it hard to believe this sort of thing goes on in the preferential treatment forum.
Quote: Originally Posted by Jdast View Post
or Kodrac, for saying everything I want to say, but he takes one for team and gets a warning.

Mournblood
09.10.2018 , 09:38 AM | #6
This would also be perfect for the level cap tokens (Master's Datacron). I discovered too late that when creating an alt to level cap with the token, it locks you out of all romance options and other character defining choices. It almost felt like a punishment for wanting to save myself a ton of time levelling a new toon up from 1 to 70. Had I known this beforehand, I probably wouldn't have spent the CC and would have just asked my wife level up the toon (unlike me, she loves levelling toons, and has 16 characters compared to my 5).
Mourne, Founder

TheRandomWolf
09.10.2018 , 09:39 AM | #7
I strongly disagree that people should skip KOTFE/KOTET, but if you're the kind of player who has replayed these over and over again... perhaps there should be a way around this.
I'm a content creator who makes general videos, tutorials, comparisons, trailers, and machinimas for SWTOR. Please show your support by using my referral link as I would be most grateful! You will gain seven additional days to your subscription and some other goodies! You can find more information on the following F.A.Q.

FlameYOL
09.10.2018 , 09:46 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by TheRandomWolf View Post
I strongly disagree that people should skip KOTFE/KOTET, but if you're the kind of player who has replayed these over and over again... perhaps there should be a way around this.
Agreed.
A man can have anything...If he's willing to sacrifice everything

Kiesu
09.10.2018 , 09:53 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by kodrac View Post
I've been wanting that ever since 4.0 and the new level 60 characters. Why create a character that assumes all previous choices and locks you out content as a result? Such a waste. Just give me a world state I can edit. But I guess that would be too much effort for the masses that don't bother with online things like forums and patch notes.
The "default" world state might as well be checked by default in the list then, so no modifications needs to be made for those who don't care.

Or don't even display the list when performing a skip, just have a popup:
→ "Are you sure you want to skip X? [Yes] [No] [Edit]"
And the edit option would take you to the checklist. That wouldn't be too intrusive, right?
Refer! - Pawn alignment funzies - [Add impressive e-peen brag here]
What made Origin stories superior to KotFE/ET? All 8 story characters could co-exist.
Level and world designer, comic artist, general RP nerd and occasional snark novelist.
Legions of Lettow → Tomb of Freedon Nadd → Red Eclipse → Darth Malgus.

FlameYOL
09.10.2018 , 10:33 AM | #10
The "default" world state might as well be checked by default in the list then, so no modifications needs to be made for those who don't care.

Or don't even display the list when performing a skip, just have a popup:
→ "Are you sure you want to skip X? [Yes] [No] [Edit]"
And the edit option would take you to the checklist. That wouldn't be too intrusive, right?
Maybe something like the Lana marriage bug? A token that boosts a character to a level or creates a new one then you go to your ship, odessen, somewhere and go through a history review where you can chance your choices? At least this way it would feel more immersive, I guess. Your idea isn't bad either though.
A man can have anything...If he's willing to sacrifice everything