Wow...Harb...what the hell?

Dethla-Hadyn

Played pubside War zones, and all but one, were already in progress....

Where did all these quitting p*ssies crawl out from? I couldn't believe it!!

There was one match where backfill actually brought in a good roster, I salute you all for that, and cheers to the folks who stayed till the end...but...

There needs to be penalties for leaving pvp matches, it's flogging a dead horse , I know...but I've never seen Harb *this* bad for players leaving matches so rampantly. My gawd.

There must have been a boatload of twits that transfer over today, who knows, for I've never seen it this bad. If you que ten matches and only get one that starts from the beginning...well, doesn't say much about the server now does it? Hopefully tomorrow is better action lmao.

/tableflip

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I kind of get why people were leaving matches. Went against a double premade yesterday evening - with one having 2 healers (It gets real like that i guess) the other having one tank and healer. Matches like those are pretty drab, only thing to do is pad stats.

I was playing an AHG match against a flock of headless imperial chickens - but at one point they must have had a very good backfill, because their work suddenly changed ! They were turning the table !

So, backfills might nit necessarily be bad - if the backfill is better than what runs around originally ...

oooh. you called out my manhood in a competition that literally risks no physical dmg. oooh. scary...

c'mmon, man. why would anyone stay in a game where they're just getting farmed? what exactly are you doing there, other than feeding someone else easy kills, and wasting your own time running back and forth between spawn and point of death?

• sometimes I just don't like the map (quesh)
  • sometimes I'm no interested in the same map for the 5th straight time (vstar, nc, cw, ahg, pit)
  • sometimes I don't like the douche on my team
  • sometimes the match is clearly decided in the first minute and I don't care to waste the next 10 mins of my life in futility.
  • sometimes I get angry that my teammates abandoned common sense or didn't come to my calls for help at the node. what should I do? really? keep playing and get more and more angry? or should I rage on them? or maybe I should just park my toon in a corner (aatia) and sit there until the match ends? sorry, bub. leaving is the right thing to do there.

there is no matchmaking. there is no penalty for leaving. do the math.

honestly, I used to care about ppl quitting, but I also used to play on a server with one pop at max level (50) that you had to wait 10-15 minutes for. that isn't a problem anymore (except maybe on JM luls). so until there's some sort of balance enforced by matchmaking (never gonna happen), I'll leave however many WZs I damn well feel like for w/e reasons I damn well feel.

FYI: I never leave arenas no matter how lopsided they are. why? think about it: you die once per round for two rounds and it's over. you're not forced to endure the self-inflicted torture of running back and forth from spawn just to get blown up by a couple snipers backed by healers and fronted by wars and PTs. I mean...really. 10 mins of frustration? for what? to prove I'm a "man" in a <bleepin> video game full of children, sexual predators and sci-fi dorks? pass. I'll leave if and when I damn well feel like it.

Harbinger pubside was stronger, now it has only pugs while facing double imp premades every match.

Seems the pub premades (dmg ctrl, last of us, fell) just quit the game or switched servers...

dmg ctrl is around, although we all have imp toons too. In fact, my imp toons are my original toons transferred from pot5.

However, Harbinger pub side is atrocious - it's seriously THE worst pvp I've ever seen. If my guildies are not online, for example, and I'm solo queuing I'm gonna be on imp side. If a few people are online and we can get a group or two going, I'll queue pub side with them.

We're around, a lot of us are fed up with pubs though. :(

I guess, I should remake my training toons into Imperial ones? I keep thinking it is all the same either side in lowbies-midbies, but if everyone just plays Empire, the pop will be better there. I don't feel like over-reacting, but then again, I really skewed it towards the Pubs (5 vs 2), so I think I did stupid. I like the Pub, and I have no problem with being farmed and losing, but not playing is going be a problem, because, well, the point of queuing is playing.... Ye gods, I wish we had cross-faction soooo badly. Edited by DomiSotto

Well on second thought, forcing players to stay and get farmed might actually have a huge negative impact. You all have valid points. Best thing to do...actually the only thing to do, is to keep queuing up. The reason I say that is because of this;

You will eventually meet competent players on that faction. When you do, you *must* add them up to friends list. I mean, there's only one way to combat the "leave the warzone train". Eventually you'll find three other people to start a guild with, lol.

I don't blame anybody for anything, but I just couldn't believe how almost every game joined was simply backfill. See the obvious answer is to simply avoid the frustration by logging imperial. I'll keep queuing pub until I see a group that knows what they're doing and try to audition for their guild, *or* start one of my own. I'm not ready to delete my pub toon, nor am I going to transfer servers in hope of getting carried. Harb is the only place to go.

Pubs! I challenge you all to que up at least three warzones tonight. Perhaps we'll introduce a new rhythm. lol.

Heh, once the premades on the Impside run out of pub pugs to farm, they then start farming the imp pugs, as that's how the queue goes. I've been with the Empire pugs who left the nodes unguarded and all that. That's why I thought it's all the same to me. But now I am paranoid about no pop at all, like it is in ranked if I queue pubside. :)

EDIT: Ah, I will just wait and see with my training toons. If the queue dies down, I will just delete them one at a time and replace with an Imperial mirror. Levelling is not going be hard no more.

Edited by DomiSotto

Something that seems to work for me is to group up, even if it's not a fellow guild member. Backfills are almost always looking for one at a time. Solo queuing I get backfills all the time, but hardly ever when grouped. Even a group of only two.

Harbinger pubside was stronger, now it has only pugs while facing double imp premades every match.

Seems the pub premades (dmg ctrl, last of us, fell) just quit the game or switched servers...

I disagree with you. I just got back into SWTOR pvp after taking a small break and I feel the times I have the best games is when I play pubs (dmg ctrl, last of us, fell). They are still around because I still see them in my matches. I mostly play imp side now and I still am getting decent games verse pubs. But that is my perspective.

See the obvious answer is to simply avoid the frustration by logging imperial. I'll keep queuing pub until I see a group that knows what they're doing and try to audition for their guild, *or* start one of my own. I'm not ready to delete my pub toon, nor am I going to transfer servers in hope of getting carried. Harb is the only place to go.

Pubs! I challenge you all to que up at least three warzones tonight. Perhaps we'll introduce a new rhythm. lol.

the best way to avoid back fill is to queue in a group. ppl tend to leave games one at a time, so the system spends more time looking for solo queued ppl. you don't need to swap faction necessarily. I mean...it's still a bad situation for pubs, and other ppl will quit, but you yourself won't be the back fill very much if you're in a grp.

the best way to avoid back fill is to queue in a group. ppl tend to leave games one at a time, so the system spends more time looking for solo queued ppl. you don't need to swap faction necessarily. I mean...it's still a bad situation for pubs, and other ppl will quit, but you yourself won't be the back fill very much if you're in a grp.

As long as your group is good, your team will be winning and people won't quit. So it can really solve all your quitting problems.

hey, you seem to swing from honey methods (hugely increasing rewards for ranked) to stick methods (punish those regs players who dare leave a zone!), James. I would have expected you to suggest increasing the rewards for losing a zone to be consistent with your Improving the Ranked suggestions.

This is a problem on both sides but not much can be done. If you punish people for quitting WZs then they will just find creative ways to AFK. At least when they leave you have a chance to get someone decent with whom to play.

As for Harbinger pub vs imp....yeah....pub side is a bit weaker in general but it depends on time of day. Also, it is a bit more concentrated by that I mean that when other good players are on Pub side you have a really good chance of getting them the next round and the next. Imp side has so many players of varying skill and knowledge levels you just never know how each round will play out.

i agree, ppl should lose time (penalty timers) or xp/credits.

And if you somehow "enforce" someone staying, you'll most likely make things worse for your team and probably make sure you get a quick lose . I've seen PTs saying "this team sucks, let's get this over with" just to start grappling enemies with the ball into the goal line on Hutball. Or, the very least, they'll go afk or something like that.

If someone doesn't want to be in pvp match, you don't want him/her either. Let them leave with no trouble and you might get a replacement that is good for the team.

I don't see the point in leaving a Warzone. It's not like you get nothing for losing... You still get Credits, Comms, and Valor (and EXP if you are <60) it's just less than winning...

I get the impression people do it to "get away from the losers" on their current team. Of course, I have noticed on multiple occasions that when these self-appointed "winners" leave the team it suddenly starts doing better. Unfortunately it is often too late to turn things around. If nothing else it usually makes for a more fun loss. :)

I get the impression people do it to "get away from the losers" on their current team. Of course, I have noticed on multiple occasions that when these self-appointed "winners" leave the team it suddenly starts doing better. Unfortunately it is often too late to turn things around. If nothing else it usually makes for a more fun loss. :)

I wish that there was an "awol" marker that would show up over a player's head if they quit a WZ and their team ended up winning. If all the people who quit because of "this is already a loss" are right about that, then good for them and nothing changes. If they are wrong, then let their miscalculation hang over their heads for an hour or two. :D

But I would make it just a social thing. I wouldn't tie any real penalties to it.