Old Augment Slots

DiabloDoom

All augment slots on pre 1.3 gear were converted to MK-1 only regardless of augment/item level.

Once again, they were not converted to MK-1 otherwise you could slot a tier 1 augment in them. They were in fact not converted to any tier at all.

Edited by Dodik

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So they are doing an unscheduled maintenance Thursday night, but still one must wonder are we going to get:

1. the shaft and all pre 1.3 augment slot items get MK-1 slots
  2. as they originally intended and set the augment slot to the level of the item OR the level of the existing augment (whichever is higher)
  3. what makes more sense and convert all pre 1.3 augment slots to MK-6

I would I could put a vote up so they could see which we all would prefer, in my opinion #3 is the only good choice, for one it will appease many of us that already lost money because we dont have to spend it upgrading other slots.

Dev post on maint: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=4747819#edit4747819

Bioware: Could you please answer either this post or my ticket?

I was saving a full set of augmented War Hero gear for patch 1.3 since mod extraction prices were being lowered, then i find out the augmented geari spent a ton of credits crafting and critting on are worthless after patch 1.3.

Apart from many people have already said that augments they already had in gear would no longer be accepted back after they tried to change them.

The thing that annoys me the most about this is that when a kinda similar bug happened when people could no longer equip their matrix cubes, (after the 1.2 patch) within 2-4 hours there was a message on the sign in page saying "sorry there is a problem, please don't equip your matrix cube until we fix this" and then they did a patch and fixed it.

I think that is all the people on these forums who are complaining about this problem want.

A simple message saying " We are sorry, something went wrong, and we will fix it"

I'm assuming tonight's patch will address these augment slot issues. Given what happened on the PTS when all of the existing augment slots disappeared from gear when they copied characters to the PTS, they should have done better testing on the augment slots before releasing this live. You just knew it wouldn't run smooth on live as there had been no further testing/updating of it on the PTS.

I'm assuming tonight's patch will address these augment slot issues..

We all assume this, but would be great for a dev to say YEP thats one of the things, I mean the Group Que throwing someone who qued as a tank into the DPS slot needs fixing to. I realize they cant tell us things that people might use to exploit until the patch, but saying her pre 1.3 augments will get fixed and in what way and if group ques are being addressed couldnt possibly cause issues until the patch unless they arent sure they can fix em.

As if crafting wasn't useless enough. In my experience with MMO's, crafting is always a must, the better the crafting system, the more the economy is player driven, the more social it can become developing communities, and the more the content can become player created giving an overall experience of gaming, amazing. This is by far the worst crafting system I have ever laid eyes on.

Exactly except crafting doesn't mean anything in SWTOR. So your veteran Synthweaver or armortech, lets just take it out of your hands. Now you need to require every crew skills to make augments work on your already augmented gear.

The most you should expect is to get a non friendly droid to respond to your bug reports and tell you that the augment slots becoming useless on crafted gear was intened and you need to pay to make it work. The best way not to be disappointed is not to expect anything good.

Edited by DarthJopeous

I don't see any mention of fixing it in the latest patch notes. I logged in this morning and still couldn't use the augment slots I've been using for months.

I think my subscription ends today or tomorrow.

Stop being melodramatic.

Give them more than 24 hours to fix it.

Stop being melodramatic.

Give them more than 24 hours to fix it.

OK we have given them 48 hours, enough for you?

My main problem is they wont even say what they plan to do to remedy this, then they do an unscheduled maintenance and dont even address this issue after they dont fix, no "sorry we are still working on it" or anything, just letting us eat static.

Edited by Planar

Hey everyone; I've got an update on this issue - we've got a fix in the works for this which will be deployed in an upcoming patch. In the meantime, we apologize for the inconvenience. Thanks for your patience as we worked to get more info!

Thanks Allison! Should those of us who paid for new augment kits and the fee to install the kit onto our items submit CS tickets for refunds, or is there another remedy in the works?

That's the only information I currently have, but if we'll post if more specifics become available.

Allison, given this was reported on PTS back on 13 June (I still have the ticket with the CS response) is it possible you could test the fix on PTS before it is pushed live?

Just in case.

• Dev Post

Thanks for your patience on this issue everyone; we have some more information for you about the upcoming fix!

If you have a crit-crafted item created before 1.3 that received the incorrect tier of augment slot (and you have NOT upgraded the augment slot to a higher tier), that slot’s tier will be corrected with the fix we are applying during an upcoming patch. If the augment slot is empty, the augment slot tier will be decided by the level of the item. If an augment is installed, the tier of the slot will be determined by the level of that augment.

If you have already manually upgraded your augment slots to a higher tier, we’ll ask that you contact Customer Service after the fix is deployed. Thanks!

Edited by AllisonBerryman

So I'm still screwed out of putting an augment back into a slot where it was before 1.3 because I cannot put it back in right now before the next patch whenever that comes.

Thanks a bunch for that.

Edited by madcappah

So I'm still screwed out of putting an augment back into a slot where it was before 1.3 because I cannot put it back in right now before the next patch whenever that comes.

Thanks a bunch for that.

Well, yeah. You and everyone else because there is a bug and they are fixing it. Allison can't wave a wand and it goes away for you.

Thanks for your patience on this issue everyone; we have some more information for you about the upcoming fix!

If you have a crit-crafted item created before 1.3 that received the incorrect tier of augment slot (and you have NOT upgraded the augment slot to a higher tier), that slot’s tier will be corrected with the fix we are applying during an upcoming patch. If the augment slot is empty, the augment slot tier will be decided by the level of the item. If an augment is installed, the tier of the slot will be determined by the level of that augment.

If you have already manually upgraded your augment slots to a higher tier, we’ll ask that you contact Customer Service after the fix is deployed. Thanks!

So it is a bug and it is getting fixed.

I can live with that.

Well, yeah. You and everyone else because there is a bug and they are fixing it. Allison can't wave a wand and it goes away for you.

I'll clarify since you have jumped on the first conclusion you could assume.

Consider this very real example: Pre 1.3 crit craft level 19 custom orange chest. Put lvl 49 green quality undesirable stat augment in to secure the slot at max level as i'm only 47 and want to wear the same thing @50.

Fast forward to post 1.3. Woot i'm now 50 i'll swap out that augment for something useful. Extract lvl 49 mod..... *** nothing will go back in not even Tier 1 augments.

Fast forward to proposed fix, said empty 'augment' in lvl 19 item slot will become a Mk-1 or Mk-2 slot and still require spending on a mk-6 kit (80-200k + 30k attachment - per item) to use a lvl 49 augment because of said bug.

So yes they are fixing bugs. Just not this one. Until either they create a new proposed fix to cover it or continue to say sorry tough luck.

Now the only thing i cant think of which would save such an item, if i equip another lvl 50 modification will the item become a lvl 50 item thus getting a mk-6 augment or will it still be a lvl 19 item and be bent over?

p.s. I'm sure Allison loves the internet tough guys defending her honor. Lol.

Edited by Spaj