New resolve system

TheBigBee

Please bring back the old system.... It was a great system... Just add a codex for the Noobs (yes there are alot of them)...

The new system lets you cc more then the old system (as a vanguard I can pull , aoe stun, and cryo stun now vs the old system pull and 1 other stun)

The new system has a higher skill cap yet half the people couldn't figure out the old system that was far more simple (that always made me laugh)

I don't mind it take 3-4 stuns to hit full resolve. What I do mind however, is after surviving 3-4 of these really long stun times, I'm just rooted in place for the 15 seconds full resolve has bought me. Add roots to the resolve system, and have the full resolve immune to that as well (slows are fine, as you can at least move a little), and I think things will be a little more interesting. Instead of the stunlock/root fest Warzones have become.

To me the resolve system should be a simple 20/20 system. In that for 20 sec of being stuned you get 20 seconds of freedom.

The resolve bar should act like a 20 second counter. Each second of a stun is added to the bar. When you have had 20 seconds of stun time dealt to your character your bar is full white and counts down for 20 seconds. Using a 5 sec or less stun on a resolved character does nothing while a 6+ stun resets the resolve to full.

If a charcters resolve bar does not fill and they are not hit with another stun in 5 seconds the the buildup will start to wear off at a rate of 3/5 seconds.

I believe this will make people actively watch when they use stuns so as not to allow resolved players running around WZs. At the same time you know that if you get stunlocked to death you will will have a steady 20 seconds of freedom.

What I hope this would fix is the "I got stunned 4 times and did not resolve but throw on stun on an enemy and they get full resolve.

Additionally using your stun break starts the 20 second run off on your resolve bar and gives you a 2-3 sec immunity. This is so when you break stuns you are not imsta restunned. This should only count for stunning effects not push backs.

For instance, I'm hit with an 8-10 second stun while someone is capping an objective. I choose to use my stun break to stop them and their partner tries to hit me with a 3 sec stun I can walk threw it. However, if instead I get knocked back I can be knocked back but still push through the stunning effect if any with the push. If I'm hit with another 8 second stun then my resolve bar goes full and begins a new 20 second count down.

However if I'm not restunned after I use my break then my resolve bar burns out but I don't get the immunity from it while it counts off. If I fill my resolve and use my break then I get an additional 2-3 seconds on the countdown.

To me the resolve system should be a simple 20/20 system. In that for 20 sec of being stuned you get 20 seconds of freedom.

The resolve bar should act like a 20 second counter. Each second of a stun is added to the bar. When you have had 20 seconds of stun time dealt to your character your bar is full white and counts down for 20 seconds. Using a 5 sec or less stun on a resolved character does nothing while a 6+ stun resets the resolve to full.

If a charcters resolve bar does not fill and they are not hit with another stun in 5 seconds the the buildup will start to wear off at a rate of 3/5 seconds.

So you want to be able to be hard stunned 5 times in a row? Good luck getting that change through lmao.

Edited by Daiyukie