Mercenary healer in pvp. Wanted for RWZ or not?

tonooo

Hi!

I just wanted to make thread for merc healers and are they wanted for rwz?

I do play merc heal and i have noticed that its pretty crappy class when people focus you.

If one guy focus me i normally just use electro dart on him and if he/she breaks it i will cc him by casting healing skill and wait for him to interupt that and then start casting conclussion missile.

But when more than 1 focus me im in rly trouble. In this case i will use my shield to get immunity to interupts and hopefully get help from team. Running is many times useless if there is no corners or something to prevent charge/leap.

And when focuser knows what he is doing and he is focusing interupt to rapid scan what is only skill w/o cd on it. Unlucky cases i dont have any self heal to use when he interupts my rapid scan. And cant use rapid shots to heal myself.

What i am meaning is that mercenaries are really terrible to protect themselfs. Operatives can go stealth, flasbang, decent cooldows and sorcs can use force speed, slows, knock back with root and Static Barrier with aoe stun.(and both classes have single target cc and stun)

Only thing mercs can do is use knock back what is really stupid to use becouse then enemy will leap to you and interupt current cast and immobilize for couple seconds. So you are just helping them. And then there is stun what is good but doesnt give you enough time to run away. And then there is 8second cc what brakes on dmg. This is good if there is only one focusing and this will give you enough time to run away and heal team.

So question is: Is mercs good enough class for RWZ? As healer ofc.

+ Supercharged Gas

+ Kolto Missile slow effect.

+ Healing is ok.

- Easy to kill. Specially with marauders.

- Total healing is bit lower than other two classes.

- Doesnt give team any good skills. Comparing to sorc and operative. Operative have aoe stealth. Sorcs have pull. Mercs doesnt have any.

- Sucks at selfhealing. (well when shield is up gives 15seconds time but other times really bad)

Rated Warzone Healers:

Gauranteed Spot:

1. Bubble Stun Sorc Healer

2. Full Sorc/2nd Bubble Stun Sorc Healer or Operative Healer

Pity Spot:

1. Merc Healer, can only heal, nothing much else really. Way outdated and inferior CC, but can still be played decently. No advantage over the other 2 pvp healer classes. Used to be able to spam heals before nerfs, now is very heat restricted and can have consecutive heals of 5-10 without critting.

-v100 Merc Healer

Edited by DkSharktooth

Not sure about ranked warzones as those are dead on my server but as a tank I love all healers unconditionally which includes commandos, and commando healers are the easiest to keep alive for a tank even if they are the least beneficial to the team as a whole.

The top rated teams on our server all use a Merc/Commando healer. Simply put they are the most difficult of the 3 to kill when geared to the max with Power - at that point Kolto Shell is healing for a significant amount and you can double proc it with rapid shots.

In my opinion, Ops/Scoundrel healers are great for unrated warzones but the best combination for rated is Sage/Sorc and Merc/Commando. Ops/Scoundrels have slightly weaker single-target healing, but honestly the 3 healers are fairly well balanced with their own strengths and weaknesses. The only change I would make would be to give Mercs/Commandos a "redundant" heal they can use in the case of interrupts, sort of like Kolto Infusion/Kolto Pack.

I think the reason you may be having trouble is because Merc healers are very gear-dependent. Once you start accumulating War Hero gear you'll become extremely sturdy.

Edited by Jenzali

The top rated teams on our server all use a Merc/Commando healer. Simply put they are the most difficult of the 3 to kill when geared to the max with Power - at that point Kolto Shell is healing for a significant amount and you can double proc it with rapid shots.

In my opinion, Ops/Scoundrel healers are great for unrated warzones but the best combination for rated is Sage/Sorc and Merc/Commando. Ops/Scoundrels have slightly weaker single-target healing, but honestly the 3 healers are fairly well balanced with their own strengths and weaknesses. The only change I would make would be to give Mercs/Commandos a "redundant" heal they can use in the case of interrupts, sort of like Kolto Infusion/Kolto Pack.

Dashto is a top-tier elite healer who runs with the best group of Imperial players, who run RWZs, on our server. Sick healer. He's a Merc.