Famous Jedi bloodline is overused among great jedi?

Slowpokeking

Anakin is the Chosen One, Luke is his son that's fine, Cade is their descendant. Satele Shan is the descendant of Revan and Bastila Shan. Ulic's mother is a Jedi master. They all share famous bloodline. It does not make a character Sue but it's a Sue trait and to the Jedi heroes, it is a bit overused. Even Bastila Shan was originally going to be Vima Sunrider.

As for famous Sith Lords, only Nox, Krayt and the Sith Emperor got famous Sith bloodline, the Emperor was that Sith Lord's illegitimate son. Sidious, Exar Kun, Emperor's Wrath, Plagueis, Bane, Sidious, the Sith Triumvirate all don't have famous famous Sith bloodline. It only made them cooler.

Can Jedi be cool without famous jedi bloodline? Sure, Revan and Surik proved it.

Edited by Slowpokeking

I find the Solo Bloodline to be more fun .......... just sayin.

Jacen + Jaina Solo > Anything (EU FanBoy GOD ,Mary Stu) Luke Skywalker ever had .

Heck even playing a MMO the name Solo sounds soo much cooler than Skywalker . Han and Leia Skywalker were even more fun to watch in the movies than Luke .

Lucas should have named it Solo Ranch , after all he only allowed his work to be important and trashed everyone elses ! GodBless G-Canon is dead !

Edited by mefit

Jacen + Jaina Solo > Anything (EU FanBoy GOD ,Mary Stu) Luke Skywalker ever had .

Heck even playing a MMO the name Solo sounds soo much cooler than Skywalker . Han and Leia Skywalker were even more fun to watch in the movies than Luke .

Lucas should have named it Solo Ranch , after all he only allowed his work to be important and trashed everyone elses ! GodBless G-Canon is dead !

Actually, G-canon is very much alive. It's called Episodes 1-6. Hate G-canon as much as you want, but it helped build a foundation for other Star Wars works. Without it, Star Wars would be a jumbled mess.

Actually, G-canon is very much alive. It's called Episodes 1-6. Hate G-canon as much as you want, but it helped build a foundation for other Star Wars works. Without it, Star Wars would be a jumbled mess.

G-Canon is a rule set by George Lucas and policed by Leland Chee . George is no longer last say and his rules will no longer apply .

(""Hey more than likely Leland Chee will be the new Canon Controller and not just the Cop ! "")

Agree however that 1-6 will be set in stone , but nothing outside of them are . So Lucas saying whom is more powerful , is no longer set in stone . He sold that with LucasFilms .

Even better there will be no more Film Fixes from Mister G-Canon himself who has done some bad things to his own films trying to bend them to fix PT mistakes !

G-Canon gets its name from George -> G .

While I will miss his ironfist control , and often leading to more mistakes in StarWars continuty , I am for one happy Luke Skywalker story might get some well needed flavor other than Mary Stu Superman God of StarWars .

Edited by mefit

G-Canon is a rule set by George Lucas and policed by Leland Chee . George is no longer last say and his rules will no longer apply .

Agree however that 1-6 will be set in stone , but nothing outside of them are . So Lucas saying whom is more powerful , is no longer set in stone . He sold that with LucasFilms .

Even better there will be no more Film Fixes from Mister G-Canon himself who has done some bad things to his own films trying to bend them to fix PT mistakes !

G-Canon gets its name from George -> G .

While I will miss his ironfist control , and often leading to more mistakes in StarWars continuty , I am for one happy Luke Skywalker story might get some well needed flavor other than Mary Stu Superman God of StarWars .

I still think Luke's going to be the most powerful. Because he's the main character. It's either going to be him, or the guy he passes the torch on to. Personally, I prefer Luke being the best. Luke or another Skywalker. The movies have been about the Skywalker's so I think it should continue like that.

Yes it is overused and just plain lazy. I think the problem stems of the fact that before Star Wars books were only "interesting" because of the bloodline. now that Star Wars has gotten popular again, other than fanboys, people are enjoying the new individual characters away from the bloodlines. Jaden Korr, Kyp Durron, Kyle Katarn, Mara, and the Old republic characters.

I think it is silly that people that are force sensitive can have force sensitive children, this means people can manipulate the Force and if that was the case, yoda should have been having romantic relations with female jedi in order to have more Jedi. But they dont. Why? Because as Timothy Zahn wrote, people with very little force sensitivity are more likely to have Jedi children than Jedi having forceful children. But because authors are lazy and do not want to create a Jedi without the Skywalker name among others, they continue to have characters that are family. For such a large galaxy, the 6 degrees of separation seems more like 2 degrees in a galaxy far far away.

I do hate this. I want to know about other jedi because that is what makes the Star Wars lore interesting.

Not because of a last name. Freaking Inbred Jedi!

I was hoping Ben would be the last of the Skywalker name but oh no.. you have Kol and Cade Skywalker, father and son. Freaking BORING!

I still think Luke's going to be the most powerful. Because he's the main character. It's either going to be him, or the guy he passes the torch on to. Personally, I prefer Luke being the best. Luke or another Skywalker. The movies have been about the Skywalker's so I think it should continue like that.

Sorry to say but only Fans of Luke see him as that way , there are atleast a hundred other characters who could be considered main characters .

I look at StarWars like I look at Marvel and DC . Its uncreative , unimaginable people who seems too Fanboyish to have the ability to break past Luke Skywalker , the most predictable Character in any Comic .

So your welcomed to like these Stories that surely always end almost the very same way everytime , I like my stories to be writen by people who are able to have imaginations and be creative .

By the way , where is good old ProfessorWalsh, I know hes a BIG EU LUKE SKYWALKER Fanboy, hope hes doing ok and having a happy Holidays !

Edited by mefit

Sorry to say but only Fans of Luke see him as that way , there are atleast a hundred other characters who could be considered main characters .

I look at StarWars like I look at Marvel and DC . Its uncreative , unimaginable people who seems too Fanboyish to have the ability to break past Luke Skywalker , the most predictable Character in any Comic .

So your welcomed to like these Stories that surely always end almost the very same way everytime , I like my stories to be writen by people who are able to have imaginations and be creative .

By the way , where is good old ProfessorWalsh, I know hes a BIG EU LUKE SKYWALKER Fanboy, hope hes doing ok and having a happy Holidays !

It got nothing to do with the topic but hey, blame Lucas, the creator of SW because he's the NO. 1 fanboy of Luke.

Edited by Slowpokeking

perhaps that's one of the reasons WHY jedi forbid family, by mating they create a blood line and can breed powerful force users, and as spider-man taught us, great power comes with great responsibility.

If a bloodline keeps getting stronger and stronger due to selective breeding, then they are creating a dynasty of powerful force users that will only get more powerful with each generation - and that is just begging for a new sith lord.

I seem to remember in the new jedi order series, Vergere - a jedi master from the old republic was dismayed to hear that luke had a son, because of this very reason, his father started a blood line, and luke is continuing the bloodline with his son, who eventually has their own child and ultimately spawns Cade Skywalker, who is pretty much the most powerful jedi of his time as well.

So, perhaps the jedi practice of not having family, was a way to ensure that no single jedi could become too powerful to control.

Let's see your list of one hundred main characters.

• 2 weeks later...

Jacen "I'm now the uberest Sith ever"? He's less of a Stu than Luke? Give me a break..

I wonder why you even call it the Solo bloodline-all that is Skywalker genes. Oddly enough Han managed to be cool without needing a glowstick-too bad the writers had to send all of his kids down the Jedi/Sith road.

It got nothing to do with the topic but hey, blame Lucas, the creator of SW because he's the NO. 1 fanboy of Luke.

No hes the number one fan of Vader......Lucas said in an interview that the whole saga was always about Vader. And that the story ends with Ep.VI in his opinion. Even though he knows about all the books that continue on Lukes story.

Jedi having kids doesn't mean the kid will be a Jedi. It's not a guarantee. It was actually shown in the Revan novel that Revan and Bastila's son wasn't Force Sensitive, but their Grandson was. Possibly this was a means of the Force balancing itself out. Force sensitivity in that family skipped a generation. This continued onward. Satele Shan is a Jedi, her son Theron Shan isn't.

In the EU, the Skywalkers are definitely getting annoying. However, you can see how it's an easy way to tie a new writer into the established continuity of the movies. Someone said that it was starting to resemble Marvel/DC, and that is a trend I despise and would like to see averted.

I was so glad that Marvel Avengers got that reboot with the new movies, since those characters needed some humanization and had to be brought back to something believable. I would love to see the post Ep. VI EU get something similar out of the upcoming SW trilogy of films.

Well that was always something in Marvel. Their characters were generally more Human with actual problems that people go through, while DC early on was always about the Clean Shaven, ultra-good hero who always did the right thing and would never fail. Superman grew up on a farm and just developed powers and did ridiculous stuff.

Spider-Man was a Normal teenager with teenager problems, who accidentally gained powers, and whose problems became more compound by not only needing to hide this fact from fiend and family, but that his selfishness in using them caused the death of his uncle, even if it was indirectly. Superman could pretty much do anything and almost nothing could hurt him. Spider-Man had clear limits and relied heavily upon his spider sense to escape injury as much as possible, but has still been hurt and surprised by villains.

Marvel had more depth to their characters than DC did. But, with all things, years go by, writers change, and everyone gets ridiculously powerful. Even Spider-Man had cosmic powers for a time as Captain Universe. Which, thank Stan Lee, did not last.

Ya know, I started comparing SW to Marvel/DC years ago when I heard fans going on about how Luke Skywalker could take on the Silver Surfer because he can move planets and black holes and things with the Force. I cannot express how badly I wished to throttle these people.

There is one thing I find to be true. Characters can be powerful and still have a great story if you know how to balance it. Characters with little to no powers, generally have great stories. And characters with absurd levels of power, generally have terrible stories. There's only a handful of exceptionally powerful characters in fiction that can actually be written well.