Hello french player here !

Drussy

Hi everyone, I'm Druss from the french guild Phantoms on Darth Nihilus.

Today i'm here to ask something (please apologize my english) : are the french players (and germans too) paying the same price to play this game ? The answer is yes of course.

So why please do we have to wait more then 24 hours for the patchnote traduction ? Why do we see our forum falling into insults, constant complaints without any reaction from The Old Republic staff ?

Why don't we have a section on our forum for the test serveur ? Is it because no one from Bioware is going to read our comments ?

Well the main question is : after dismissing the europeans community managers are you now going to watch the european players leaving the game one by one ? What's next step ? No more traduction for the in game dialogues ? And later close europeans servers ?

Yes I love this game, I play since the beta tests and I have no doubt about my loyalty but today I'm angry, as player and particularly as customer.

Edited by Drussy

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today i'm here to ask something (please apologize my english) : are the french players (and germans too) paying the same price to play this game ? The answer is yes of course.

So why please do we have to wait more then 12 hours for the patchnote traduction ? Why do we see our forum falling into insults, constant complaints without any reaction from The Old Republic staff ?

Why don't we have a section on our forum for the test serveur ? Is it because no one from Bioware is going to read our comments ?

Well the main question is : after dismissing the europeans community managers are you now going to watch the european players leaving the game one by one ? What's next step ? No more traduction for the in game dialogues ? And later close europeans servers ?

Yes I love this game, I play since the beta tests and I have no doubt about my loyalty but today I'm angry, as player and particularly as customer.

Bonjour!

Actually that sounds a lot like our forums too.

So why please do we have to wait more then 12 hours for the patchnote traduction ? Why do we see our forum falling into insults, constant complaints without any reaction from The Old Republic staff ?

Sorry for what your going through. I hope you get an answer.

the answer is easy : they dont give a s*** on the european community. since release we ask that they move the maintenance to another time. their answer is moving the maintenance to a even more bad time for players outside the us. so if they dont care about this, why should they have any interest in the other things we want/write/argue. thats why they fired the whole cs-europe team

You're going to have to deal with the fact that this game is created for the North American audience. That is the main player base, and the main source of revenue. Likewise, if it was flipped, and the main player base was in Europe then we would be the ones complaining.

If you want feedback, you want it in your biggest market. And if you are to spend a lot of money, you want to spend that money in your biggest market. I can only imagine how annoying it is, but it's something we all will have to live with going forward.

• Dev Post

Hey Drussy,

I wanted to address this directly because I totally sympathize with you here and I wanted to explain what happened with our patch notes. First, I want to point to something I teased last week, that yesterday we would be making what I thought was a cool announcement about something. Unfortunately, we ran into an issue and had to delay it as I stated here:

I lied to you :(

We hit a small hiccup, the announcement will happen tomorrow though. Promise!

Spoiler: It is not the release date.

That hiccup? Localization. We hit an issue where we had a delay in some of our text being localized into French and German. As you surely noted yesterday, we unfortunately did not have patch notes available for 1.7.2 except in English and German. Since we had those prepared, we had no choice but to make sure that we could inform folks to what had changed, so we posted them. I completely understand your frustration with this and we have been working to get localization complete on those as fast as we can, you will see them today for sure (Amber is prepping them as I type this).

I know sometimes when issues like this arise it can make it seem like we don't care about our French and German folks but it was merely an issue in logistics and not our intent to deny you information. The only reason we held that announcement yesterday (along with some other things you will see today) is that we did not have them translated into French and German and we would not publish them until that was the case.

It will continue to be our goal to make sure that you are communicated to at the same time as your English counterparts. Thank you for bringing this up and I hope it clears up what happened yesterday and why there was a delay in you getting your localized patch notes.

-eric

Edited by EricMusco

the answer is easy : they dont give a s*** on the european community. since release we ask that they move the maintenance to another time. their answer is moving the maintenance to a even more bad time for players outside the us. so if they dont care about this, why should they have any interest in the other things we want/write/argue. thats why they fired the whole cs-europe team

What sense would it make from a business point of view to piss off the larger customer base to please a smaller one?

The only reason we held that announcement yesterday (along with some other things you will see today) is that we did not have them translated into French and German and we would not publish them until that was the case.

So what you're saying is... it's their fault?

"Get them!"

Thank you for your answer Eric, but you didn't answer to the main question here.

Well the main question is : after dismissing the europeans community managers are you now going to watch the european players leaving the game one by one ? What's the next step ?

French and german customers need some love too. Forums are just trash, translations take ages when anyone could do it in 30 minutes ; and they are terribly wrong in some cases, ie Scum & Vilany : french translation is just insane (baseness and infamy). Google Translation?

So here's my question : What's the next step? Translation packs in Cartel Shop?

Edited by Kesphin

Aah, I'm not the only French here !

I posted earlier this afternoon the same questions in another part of the forums (http://www.swtor.com/fr/community/showthread.php?t=610423).

And... I got the same incomplete response :jawa_frown:

Please, don't forget the French community (And the German one) ! Because, we really feel abandoned, and, I'm sure that's not what you want us to feel.

Eric already gave you the "official" BW reply. However, I wanted to applaud you for how you approached this problem. And agree it is a problem for you guys not having the attention you should be getting.

I had no to zero sympathy for the "German Invasion" they pulled. I mean not because they were German but because it couldn't get sympathy when most people didn't understand a word they said. You however did where people could support you and also say so. Also you didn't try to flood the forums either. Again, well done.

As said in another sci-fi IP (and the best movie of the lot in it) "Never give up! Never surrender!" :D

Keep up the good fight, Drussy.

I do not like you OP.

Just because there may be an issue with the French or German translations or even if they closed those servers (which I don't think will happen), it still doesn't mean that they don't care about European players. And I will explain why I say that:

Europeans are not just French or German.

Can you people understand this? I am trying to be polite but this really pisses me off when you complain about things as if you represent the whole of Europe.

On the EU servers we have:

British Players

Dutch Players

Danish Players

Norwegian Players

Swedish Players

Finnish Players

Spanish Players

Portuguese Players

Greek Players

Italian Players

Swiss Players

Austrian Players

Polish Players

Czech Players

Russian Players

And I am sure there may be more that I don't know about yet....

So I understand your frustration to a point, but don't you dare think you represent all of us. We never had a forum for our languages to begin with except the British on that list. None of us. And you come here complaining because some French translation was delayed and you think they hate European players?

The problem is you, not them.

Sorry for getting angry but this really ticks me off.

I do not like you OP.

Just because there may be an issue with the French or German translations or even if they closed those servers (which I don't think will happen), it still doesn't mean that they don't care about European players. And I will explain why I say that:

Europeans are not just French or German.

Can you people understand this? I am trying to be polite but this really pisses me off when you complain about things as if you represent the whole of Europe.

On the EU servers we have:

British Players

Dutch Players

Danish Players

Norwegian Players

Swedish Players

Finnish Players

Spanish Players

Portuguese Players

Greek Players

Italian Players

Swiss Players

Austrian Players

Polish Players

Czech Players

Russian Players

And I am sure there may be more that I don't know about yet....

So I understand your frustration to a point, but don't you dare think you represent all of us. We never had a forum for our languages to begin with except the British on that list. None of us. And you come here complaining because some French translation was delayed and you think they hate European players?

Sorry for getting angry but this really ticks me off.

I posted something in another European language and it got smashed. And all it asked was were was their help.

What sense would it make from a business point of view to piss off the larger customer base to please a smaller one?

Well, they could have fired 2 eng custom managers and kept the frensh and german one, but they didnt. So for EA, it makes sense. this is nothing against the guys here on the forum, its not their fault.

Edited by Neglience

• Dev Post
Aah, I'm not the only French here !

I posted earlier this afternoon the same questions in another part of the forums (http://www.swtor.com/fr/community/showthread.php?t=610423).

And... I got the same incomplete response :jawa_frown:

Please, don't forget the French community (And the German one) ! Because, we really feel abandoned, and, I'm sure that's not what you want us to feel.

I posted a reply in your thread on the French forums as well so that the Community there will see. o/''\o

British Players talk english and have this forum. It's a good thing for them.

Dutch Players

Swiss Players

and

Austrian Players

talk Deutsch and it's the first langage in Europe.

Fort the

French Players

Danish Players

Norwegian Players

Swedish Players

Finnish Players

Spanish Players

Portuguese Players

Greek Players

Italian Players

Polish Players

Czech Players

Russian Players

The french langage was the second langage teaching in all school in Europe...

And now Dutch et French don't have any CM on their forum... ...

The problem is us ?

As you say, they may care about EU players, as they are not only French and German. But, French people are not the only one in the world who speak French ! So, this post is also for them... You have to understand something : we (French and German talking players) don't complain because there is a delay in the translation of the patch note, but because we are afraid that it is the beginning. And it is not the only problem ! There is in our forum a lot of vulgar and flood comments. That's not what I want to read when I come there. We also want to discuss with the CMs, but, we no more can (Especially those who can't speak English ) !

I posted a reply in your thread on the French forums as well so that the Community there will see. o/''\o

Thank you !

Fort the

French Players

Danish Players

Norwegian Players

Swedish Players

Finnish Players

Spanish Players

Portuguese Players

Greek Players

Italian Players

Polish Players

Czech Players

Russian Players

There is also a lot of African players who speak French as a second language !

Well, they could have fired 2 eng custom managers and kept the frensh and german one, but they didnt. So for EA, it makes sense. this is nothing against the guys here on the forum, its not their fault.

What would that have to do with your rant about changing the service downtimes to inconvenience their larger player base for the smaller one? That doesn't make any sense.

I'm sure that with all the people/pigeons buying CS packs for the skiff speeder, you can hire new europeans community managers. Former community mangers weren't that bad, call them and give'em a raise.

One thing Eric can try is to start answering questions and explain why EU community managers were fired and didn't get replaced. If you still didn't notice, people are really angry.

Edited by Kesphin

Dutch Players

Swiss Players

and

Austrian Players

German isn't Dutch! Dutch players speack dutch.

Deutsche players are not to be confused with players from the netherlands, thanks.

Edited by Drudenfusz

British Players talk english and have this forum. It's a good thing for them.

Dutch Players

Swiss Players

and

Austrian Players

Fort the

French Players

Danish Players

Norwegian Players

Swedish Players

Finnish Players

Spanish Players

Portuguese Players

Greek Players

Italian Players

Polish Players

Czech Players

Russian Players

belgian speak dutch too

so if u dont know what ur talking bout, dont make assumptions

if u believe that french is the second language then i lol at you, that would be english ...

to be honest, i dont get why evry game has to be translated into french and german. they may be "big" languages in europe, but they are not the biggest

evryone else in europe has to read in english, its no biggie that french and german ppl has to read it in english too.

the "but i dont know english" is utter bs reason, i'm native dutch speaking and i have to read english too