A fix for tacticals

Monterone

Two way approach is needed that I can see:

1. Tactical ONLY gives a bonus IF equipped. Once removed, the bonus is removed as well.

- This is would prevent "pre-loading" a bonus such as a 2nd Force Cloak, only to use another tactical during battle. Other classes also have two charge abilities that benefit from this and it should be removed. Common sense. You love it so much -- use it.

2. In RANKED, treat Tacticals the same way Utilities are treated. Locked until you are out. For Ranked, you should have your Utilities and your Tactical picked and ready to go before you queue.

- For Regs: who cares? Common sense would say allow tactical switching inside warzones so that people can test more things out in an environment that is casual.

Edited by Monterone

I didn't realize tacticals were supposed to be designed to get bonuses from more than one. So, I didn't think there was anything that needed "fixing" in that regard. Where are you getting the idea that you should get benefits from more than one tactical at a time?

I didn't realize tacticals were supposed to be designed to get bonuses from more than one. So, I didn't think there was anything that needed "fixing" in that regard. Where are you getting the idea that you should get benefits from more than one tactical at a time?

Read the OP's suggestions again.

They aren't saying they want tacticals to work this way. They want the tacticals to stop giving benefits after you swap them out.

Currently, if you equip a tactical that gives you extra charges that normally only has 1 (such as letting you have 2 force cloaks, or 2 holotransverse) you can wait until you get that extra charge, and then swap the tactical for a different one and still have that extra charge.

This has minor implications for pve, since a big opening burst is only semi-useful in pve, but for pvp it gives classes that can pre-stack charges a huge, unbalanced, advantage.

This feels like a bug, and if it's working as intended, then the the dev's made a very poor design decision.