Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Returning to game from mid 2012 - Unsure where to start!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Returning to game from mid 2012 - Unsure where to start!

LessQQMorePewPew
03.29.2020 , 02:12 PM | #1
Played at launch up until a little after 1.3. Was a member of a progression guild then, Nerf Dialogue, and we smacked some baddies around.

Getting back into the game, and it has grown a lot since 1.3 I've started with the prelude to Revan chain.

Any advice for a returning veteran who feels like a scrub?

For reference I'm a Kinetic Shadow on Satele Shan

Phazonfreak
03.29.2020 , 02:21 PM | #2
I would recommend to just explore on your own and enjoy. It depends on what you like to do. PvE? PvP? If you are looking for a story chart to check how to progress, you can use this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/swtor/comme...wchart_for_60/

LessQQMorePewPew
03.29.2020 , 03:25 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Phazonfreak View Post
I would recommend to just explore on your own and enjoy. It depends on what you like to do. PvE? PvP? If you are looking for a story chart to check how to progress, you can use this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/swtor/comme...wchart_for_60/
PvE mainly. PvP for fun but not competitive. That flowchart is perfect for what I was looking for thx!

MadDutchman
03.29.2020 , 09:08 PM | #4
First of all, the Shadow of Revan prelude will have you skipping an entire expansion (Rise of the Hutt Cartel, which takes place on Makeb)

Secondly, things have changed so much, you're probably better off just starting from the beginning. Classes are quite different now, and the story will probably seem all new after 8-ish years.
I Have Spoken

Use my referral link for free goodies.

JediQuaker
03.30.2020 , 06:46 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by LessQQMorePewPew View Post
Any advice for a returning veteran who feels like a scrub?
Start a new character at level 1. That will give you a feel for the changes. Levelling can be very quick these days.
Hold water, a sieve may not, but hold another sieve, it will - Yoda..

Referral code - http://www.swtor.com/r/dZ8wSV

ElZaguero
03.30.2020 , 07:56 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by JediQuaker View Post
Start a new character at level 1. That will give you a feel for the changes. Levelling can be very quick these days.
I wholeheartedly endorse this suggestion. Begin at the beginning, young padawan. Learn to walk before attempting to run you must.

Also be aware that many of the side missions are now omitted by default. To see them you must activate the "Show Exploration Missions" option.

Also, welcome back to the big, happy, brawling, dysfunctional family that is the SWTOR community

Exzidus
03.30.2020 , 08:16 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by MadDutchman View Post
First of all, the Shadow of Revan prelude will have you skipping an entire expansion (Rise of the Hutt Cartel, which takes place on Makeb)

Secondly, things have changed so much, you're probably better off just starting from the beginning. Classes are quite different now, and the story will probably seem all new after 8-ish years.
speaking of which how do you start Rise of the Hutt Cartel?

turbomagnus
03.30.2020 , 08:42 AM | #8
Console on your ship, I believe.

Phazonfreak
03.30.2020 , 08:46 AM | #9
It actually will not. RotHC is one of the few exceptions that is not skipable and can be done regardless of where you are in the storyline. Same goes for Ilum.

Agreed.