gray helix components

ZouYan

was there rlly a need to change how gray helix components work. Now they are no longer legacy and go into the currency tab.

And if you want to accumulate them on a different character, you buy the legacy-bound token, hand it over, and use it on the other, just like it already happened for the Bounty Contracts.

Right, this change seemed more to be a way to bring Dantooine Pirate incursion into the pattern of the other events. And it does make things a little more complicated in terms of steps but it can probably be expanded for other currencies like Iokath Power Shards and Relics of Ossus, or anything they want to introduce in the future. It was an indirect nerf to the ability of players to sell Completed Bounty Contracts, but since it meant I could finally consolidate my dantooine surveyor notes I was happy.

That being said, I did notice that, at least for the [Weekly] and [Heroic 4] the Components go right into my main inventory not the currency tab and are the legacy bound variants. Perhaps the bound ones, that go into the currency tab and need conversion, are dropping from Xenoanalyst? I’d appreciate if the OP could elaborate on where the bound ones dropped.

Not quite sure what you're complaining about as all mine are still in my Legacy Bank... Even new ones I've accumulated.

I learned what OP is talking about recently. I wanted to clear out my legacy currencies and buy the remaining event decos I still haven't purchased, so I put them all into my Main's Inventory tab and went to the vendors in the Cartel Bazaar. Whatever I wanted to buy was RED, like I didn't have any of the currencies in my inventory tab at all. I noticed these new tokens at some of the vendors and it looked like a currency exchange, so I exchanged them. They took the currencies out of my Inventory tab and they disappeared. I checked and they were now all in my Currency Tab, and only after I made the exchange could I buy anything (now highlighted correctly, not in Red)

EXCEPT!! My Bounty Contracts did not do anything. They stayed in my Inventory tab, and the vendor would not let me exchange them. Even the trade currency was RED, even though I had 20 on hand. I messaged Customer Service and within two days I got the reply that they are aware of the issue, and they gave me the current workaround.

Workaround is that you mail the Contracts to another alt, and they will act correctly. HOWEVER, as I learned the hard way, and take note if you have to use the workaround, when you pull those Contracts from the mail on your receiving toon, they go STRAIGHT into Currency. They don't go into your Inventory tab, and then you go to the Bazaar for the exchange. They immediately exchange.

This just means that I now have to bring the receiving toon to the Bazaar and re-exchange them back into the old currency, and then give them to my main toon and hopefully they'll work correctly at that point.

I can see why they did it this way (people begging for more legacy space, and removing these currencies from Legacy and putting them into the Currency tab is a step), but it seems strange to only put the new currencies into the one toon's inventory. You'd think they should work like the Tech Fragments do now where they are shared between all toons once exchanged.

Another half baked change.

Converting event reward 'tokens' into a form of currency is a good idea, and if they had all become legacy currency, it would have been a great addition and improvement.

But what we got is a convoluted mess with some stuff converting and some not, some stuff going directly to currency and some not, and the need to manage event currency across multiple characters and shuffle currency around by buying various intermediate currency tokens on vendors and shuffling them around between characters.

The weird thing is that mine (Gree tokens) have been acting the way they always have, while the Bounty tokens have gone straight to my currency tab as you say. Reputation has been a mixed bag, some automatically being consumed and others showing up in my inventory (Iokath reputation, in this case).

Not sure if I'm seeing bugs, or if the changes only affect some toons, or *** is going on.

I learned what OP is talking about recently. I wanted to clear out my legacy currencies and buy the remaining event decos I still haven't purchased, so I put them all into my Main's Inventory tab and went to the vendors in the Cartel Bazaar. Whatever I wanted to buy was RED, like I didn't have any of the currencies in my inventory tab at all. I noticed these new tokens at some of the vendors and it looked like a currency exchange, so I exchanged them. They took the currencies out of my Inventory tab and they disappeared. I checked and they were now all in my Currency Tab, and only after I made the exchange could I buy anything (now highlighted correctly, not in Red)

EXCEPT!! My Bounty Contracts did not do anything. They stayed in my Inventory tab, and the vendor would not let me exchange them. Even the trade currency was RED, even though I had 20 on hand. I messaged Customer Service and within two days I got the reply that they are aware of the issue, and they gave me the current workaround.

Workaround is that you mail the Contracts to another alt, and they will act correctly. HOWEVER, as I learned the hard way, and take note if you have to use the workaround, when you pull those Contracts from the mail on your receiving toon, they go STRAIGHT into Currency. They don't go into your Inventory tab, and then you go to the Bazaar for the exchange. They immediately exchange.

This just means that I now have to bring the receiving toon to the Bazaar and re-exchange them back into the old currency, and then give them to my main toon and hopefully they'll work correctly at that point.

I can see why they did it this way (people begging for more legacy space, and removing these currencies from Legacy and putting them into the Currency tab is a step), but it seems strange to only put the new currencies into the one toon's inventory. You'd think they should work like the Tech Fragments do now where they are shared between all toons once exchanged.

Me attempting neurosurgery sounds less complicated than any of this. Madness :rolleyes:

I re-read all patch notes from 6.0 forward and didn't see any mention of the currencies changing this way. It might have been done earlier? Otherwise it's like they just slipped it in there without explanation, and it doesn't actually make things easier until they make the currency tab truly-legacy wide for all the currencies they put in there.

Not quite sure what you're complaining about as all mine are still in my Legacy Bank... Even new ones I've accumulated.

I'm not sure what he's on about either but I did send a ticket to CS because the last time I did it was on 16 man HM and I didn't get any...not in my inventory nor in my currency tab. So I also wonder what's going on.

I re-read all patch notes from 6.0 forward and didn't see any mention of the currencies changing this way. It might have been done earlier? Otherwise it's like they just slipped it in there without explanation, and it doesn't actually make things easier until they make the currency tab truly-legacy wide for all the currencies they put in there.

It was definitely not in the patch notes but was definitely a part of 6.0

There should be a additional way to earn an extra Gray Helix token like the Gree weekly. For most, the Heroic is the only way to go and even then. Sure some can solo the Heroic however a lot of time and effort is required.

Uhh, the weekly DOES award two components. You can also get them as loot from Xenoanalyst. The Heroic 4 isn’t bad especially in the Circle area of the pve instance.

• 4 weeks later...
So now we have this ambiguous mess in which some things on the Currency tab are legacy, some are per character, and there is nothing to indicate which is which.

I agree. It's nothing short of a cluster fk now. Another example of fixing, or altering in this case, something that wasn't broke.

Another half baked change.

Converting event reward 'tokens' into a form of currency is a good idea, and if they had all become legacy currency, it would have been a great addition and improvement.

But what we got is a convoluted mess with some stuff converting and some not, some stuff going directly to currency and some not, and the need to manage event currency across multiple characters and shuffle currency around by buying various intermediate currency tokens on vendors and shuffling them around between characters.

Agreed. This is a dumb change. Just let us have the tokens in the invontory so we can easily stack them on the legacy bank, or make the whole currency thing legacy wide. No half bakedc hanges please. Just makes it worse.