Soloing choice

psheets

Between the assassin and sorcerer which is the better choice for soloing up to just see the story? I have searched back a considerable ways in the forums but many posts are old or get off topic rather quickly if things like warzones and pvp is mentioned.

Thanks for any input.

Both really work well in my opinion for soloing all story stuff. The sorc with healing can handle more at once, but it takes longer to kill if you're just letting your companion do the damage. Do you plan to level as one of the dps trees or Tank/Assassin vs Healer/Sorc. I'd probably lean more towards Sorc for pure pve story, but it's not that much harder as assassin.

I think the key issue for assassin is if you have played Hoth through. This is important because after Hoth you will get a healer companion. IMHO, to be successful in soloing you will need a tank and a healer. If you choose a sorc then you will have Khem, who will be your tank. For an assassin, you will need to wait quite a while before you will get a healer.

IMHO, assassin´s greatest strength is the combination of stealth, force speed and mind maze skill (1 minute stun). Using those skills well will allow the assassin (or the shadow) to be the best infiltrator in the game. You can easily choose which group you want to kill and which one you want to avoid. As an assassin I around level 45, I was able to do a heroic 4 droid factory quest at Alderaan because I was able to sneak in and stun humans who coordinated the droids and then I sneaked past.