Alderaan Had It Coming

Hotbox

You know, in the original Star Wars movies, even though I was a fan of the Empire, I kind of felt bad for Alderaan. They kind of got blown up because of a really poor choice in judgement from Princess Leia and a moff that got up on the wrong side of the bed.

At least that's what I thought until I went to Alderaan in the game.

Frankly, I've never been to a planet that had more insufferable pipsqeak nobleman in all my life. Everyone is a whiny nincompoop that runs around polishing their ill gotten titles and complaining about the rope they are hung on.

Seriously, is this an inside joke by the developers?

After a brief stint on the planet you'll know what I mean. Vader and Tarkin did the universe a small favor by blowing that place to kingdom come.

It was the only planet i rushed through. I really did want to shoot every single person i met.

but I was upset that *slap the diplomat* was never a choice.

Thankfully, as a bounty hunter such an option did present itself. I believe the exact phrase used was "hit him", and "Beat him up" or something like that.

I thought the planet looked awesome.. the quests were decent too.

(Republic) Taris on the other hand.. holy crap, Malak should've bombarded it more.

I dunno, he did a pretty thorough job. I mean, it was almost WORSE before he blew it up.

That thought alone keeps me up at night.

As for Alderaan... gotta admit, this thread made me chuckle. ;D Something to look forward to now, I suppose.

You know, in the original Star Wars movies, even though I was a fan of the Empire, I kind of felt bad for Alderaan. They kind of got blown up because of a really poor choice in judgement from Princess Leia and a moff that got up on the wrong side of the bed.

Frankly, I've never been to a planet that had more insufferable pipsqeak nobleman in all my life. Everyone is a whiny nincompoop that runs around polishing their ill gotten titles and complaining about the rope they are hung on.

After a brief stint on the planet you'll know what I mean. Vader and Tarkin did the universe a small favor by blowing that place to kingdom come.

I am just glad that I wasn't the only one thinking this. Kinda makes you wish that there was a crew skill that let you craft a death star now... even if it only had one shot, I know right where that bad boy would be aimed.

Agreed. x.x As a Guardian trying for full lightside it was a nightmare

Almost wanted to take the wolf baron guy back to the palace and be like "I'll block the exit, have fun. Just hurry it up, I want to go out to dinner in a bit."

Well the only question I have for the development staff is : Was it deliberate? I don't know if they monitor these forums 100% but I am sincerely curious.

Because they are an insufferable lot on Aldernan for sure.

Yup I agree I was quite happy when my SI pretty much puts them in their place and finally make em grow a backbone but I do agree the amount of nobles QQ on alderaan was annoying and I salute vader and tarkin for doing the galaxy a favor.

About taris the funny thing is the sith think malak is bloody awesome for blowing taris to hell at least on the sith side you work to finish off the planet for good. XD

Edited by lokdron

While i am used of dealing with whiny nobles(played a bit to much mount and blade:warband)

Bioware did a execlt job at showing how ineffected and dumb suchs houses are.

(i mean your man are fighting on the frontline and your thinking of parties if i wasnt a jedi i would shoot you right there)

They really did a execlent job on showing how noble's live in denail.

Even more so then senators.

That said I really dont like it that alderaan left the republic....

I mean if anyone is loyal to the republic it is them...

A full scale imperial invasion would have bin beter.

That said I really dont like it that alderaan left the republic....

I mean if anyone is loyal to the republic it is them...

A full scale imperial invasion would have bin beter.

Unfortunately, due to the Cold War in effect, and Imperial invasion wouldn't be likely to happen on a Republic world. Balmorra isn't apart of the Republic and other situations are more of Imperial backing or infiltration than invasion. It would've been better with an Imperial invasion even since left the Republic though. Being the Republic wanting to regain the support of Alderaan and the Empire trying to conquer it.

How I saw the whole thing on Alderaan as a JK:

Noble: Hey, we really, really need some help out here. These guys suck at fighting, and our house deserves to rule the planet.

JK: *sigh* Fine, I'll help.

*Fight half the damn war for them*

Noble: Hey, thanks for your help and all, but can you kill the leader of these guys over here? They're total jerks, and it'll totally get us into power.

JK: UGH. Fine.

*Take down an entire house, defeat leader*

Noble: Oh hey man, sorry we couldn't help you out. We were busy having tea with the other royal house members. But now, we can finally sit in the big chair! Well, at some point anyway. We've still got to have long and pointless talks about it, and our people will probably still fight the other houses. Which reminds me, would you mind helping us out with it?

JK: FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Call me ignorant, or that I don't understand the story or whatever, but I seriously wanted punch some of these guys in the jaw.

Edited by Skatehead

I'm playing a Light Side Bounty Hunter. I got so sick of the noble's crap I decided to suck up the Darkside points and punch them out at every opportunity. To my surprise I got a massive amount of approval from Mako for doing so.

I also shot that chick with the Rebel noble for a lover on Dromund Kaas. She had it coming.

They all had it coming. Remember, Tarkin calls Leia to the bridge AFTER he gets to Alderaan. He planned to blow it up anyway, because all those noblemen and peaceniks were doing were gumming up the bureaucracy for the Empire.

And Leia lies about them not having any weapons. That incompetent **** Captain Antilles was from Alderaan too.

And another thing... the whole place is infested with giant ants.

I don't mean those red Arizona style fire ants either, I'm talking 6 foot multilegged mind controlling monstrosities straight out of a 1950's B movie.

I hate bugs, absolutely detest them and ants are the worst of em. They look like they are supposed to be Mantis's, but they're not, they're ants.

Doesn't anyone have a can of freaking raid on that planet? See this is what happens when you run around letting the 'little people' handle things-- things don't handled and now you've got a huge anthill full of monster ants under your city.

Sheesh.

Tarkin's act was an act of kindness. He wasn't killing rebels.

He was just trying to clean up the Empire picnic.

• 8 years later...

I totally agree with you!! I also was like man that was screwed up what happened to Alderaan even being more of a Sith fan. I think Bounty Hunter's get the most disrespect out of all the quests I've done. I've done all the class quests and the planet quests.

They totally deserved what they got lol!!