Scoundrels/Operatives ridculously OP.

Bandelederen

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are so OP'ed.. I see entire Republic Teams nothing but Scoundrels/Ops......

Wait... thats Sages and SI's..... my bad.

ITs the Biochem... stacking of buffs...

What is the hard counter for Sages and SIs? I wonder if all the nerf Ops/Scoun posts have anything to do with half the pop being those two classes? Hmm...

IA and Smug are already extremely underrepresented and the QQing will not stop until these two classes, which ARE the counter for SIs and Sages, are completely gutted.

Biochem is just a mask, it will be fixed tomorrow and I'll be OP/Scoun will play exactly the same...

The only people that can be defending this class is the people that are playing them and don't want to be on equal fighting terms.

Of course, that is the only reason. I think it is more making fun of your intelligence. Especially since no matter how much you whine or create these threads Bioware has stated that they do not care about nerf threads. They will do their analysis off compiled statistics and data from the 50 only bracket. Then they will consider what classes need balancing. It is going to be hilarious when operative/scoundrel isn't on that list and your class is.

Edited by Trivialed

What is the hard counter for Sages and SIs? I wonder if all the nerf Ops/Scoun posts have anything to do with half the pop being those two classes? Hmm...

IA and Smug are already extremely underrepresented and the QQing will not stop until these two classes, which ARE the counter for SIs and Sages, are completely gutted.

Except they counter everyone else too.

You'd be surprised at how many classes are countered by 9k crits.

Then we can all ignore the fact that the operatives that everyone are so upset about are twinked to the max and give up all survivability for that kind of damage.

Give up survibility? Last I checked OPs had more survivability than a sniper with the ability of getting out of any given situation, hide, and heal.

I would like to see a vid where a sniper sneaks up on someone and finish them off b4 the stun is over.

No point of defending whats OP with this many complaints the nerf bat is bound to happen.

Edited by maximusedward

+1

Most of the QQ is the noob SI's and Sages crying that something can kill them. Oh noes...

And the one shotting by Scoundrels/OPS mainly is because of BIOCHEM. All you need is ONE big attack. (One from stealth + BioChem +560 Power adrenal + Rellic 360 power + a well geared OP/Scoundrel .... thats about 20 seconds of that player being an UNSTOPPLE Force.. then add in he also had his reusable Health Pot for 7K+. You can do the same with any class. My marauder can tear through anything when I stack the buffs.

Give up survibility? Last I checked OPs had more survivability than a sniper with the ability of getting out of any given situation, hide, and heal.

I would like to see a vid where a sniper sneaks up on someone and finish them off b4 the stun is over.

No point of defending whats OP with this many complaints the nerf bat is bound to happen.

The same small group of people who are pissed off cos they died in a BG of all places to someone while they were being rambo AND the fact that the class is built to kill them personally, seems to get glossed over, for obvious reasons, is not masses of complaints.

This wow behavior you use to spam forums to make it look like its more dramatic than it really is, works on blizzard but many of us are hoping Bioware have a backbone an ignore you.

None of you care a bout what class it is, as long as you can rambo it up an never be killed by anyone.

You have all bveen explained how to protect yourselves, an the amusing thing is you ignore it.

My question is this... If this class is so OP how come I don't see more of them?

This.

I hardly see any Ops/Scoundrels and the few I do see are heal spec. Compared to the Sorc and BH zerg you see in every WZ...

If you talking PvP server, there are more but not as many as there are Sins/Shads though. Everyone wants a stealth class on those servers to avoid the griefers/gankers.

This.

I hardly see any Ops/Scoundrels and the few I do see are heal spec. Compared to the Sorc and BH zerg you see in every WZ...

If you talking PvP server, there are more but not as many as there are Sins/Shads though. Everyone wants a stealth class on those servers to avoid the griefers/gankers.

We're only a month from release, I just hit 40 on my scoundrel, most of the bgs on my server we're fighting like 5 operatives between 10 and 20

This.

Apparently you don't pvp much. Anyway, your not suppose to see them are you? Not until they want you to.

The bottom line about operatives is that they kill people in 1 stun. Most people in this thread are in agreement that this should be trinketed to avoid the unmitigated burst damage that would later ensue. Being forced to rely on a 2 minute CD to avoid being blown up is a broken game mechanic.

TL;DR, Op/scoundrel burst damage needs to be turned down.

You are no doubt outright lying and nobody takes you seriously...like much of this QQ thread you guys are gonna fall out of your chair when Operatives get BUFFED and BH and Sorcs get heavily nerfed. Anyone that is worth his salt in PVP knows this.

OPs have a 3 second stun, that is all (which use 1 gcd to even do that).

L2P

I see more Operatives on my server than BHs. Meh.

Just a hour ago I watched from my defense point on Alderaan how one of our Scoundrels simply obliterated two enemies, with their HP bars going down in 20-25% chunks.

I felt pity for them.

And I feel pity for Operatives, for their nerf is inevitable. It's irrelevant, whether its a deserved nerf or not. Their time to kill is faster than a time to kill of Witch Elves at the height of their dominance in WAR and the playerbase will scream murder until it's changed.

Apparently you don't pvp much. Anyway, your not suppose to see them are you? Not until they want you to.

To be fair, I don't see too many Operatives either. That's not because they are supposedly balanced (there not), but because the game has only been out for a month.

That being said, I do subscribe to the opinion that Operatives need a serious nerf, because frankly no class can consistently take me down in a matter of seconds so quickly, regardless of level or gear, and have me stunned in the process.

To be fair, I don't see too many Operatives either. That's not because they are supposedly balanced (there not), but because the game has only been out for a month.

That being said, I do subscribe to the opinion that Operatives need a serious nerf, because frankly no class can consistently take me down in a matter of seconds so quickly, regardless of level or gear, and have me stunned in the process.

You don't see a lot of Operatives or Scoundrels because it does take a modicum of skill to be successful playing the class: knowing where to go to gank soloists, how to maximize damage output before you need to vanish or the cavalry arrives, etc.

Let's face it: facerolling belongs to the classes that can do it all. Op/Sco is a glass cannon class that has the benefit of stealth when they know how to play.

When they don't they're just BC Fire Mages trying to PvP.

I think its just a BG thing. Because as I keep saying an keep being ignored lol, I have yet to ever cone been insta killed on my guardian. Probably because these mythical invulnerable op's never leave the BG lol. As I have said all along, bg's are not pvp.

The odd stealther that has attacked me, usually ends up running because he opens on me an I pop my CD's, then good luck killing me, after that I punt him into some mobs or over a cliff usually.

We're only a month from release, I just hit 40 on my scoundrel, most of the bgs on my server we're fighting like 5 operatives between 10 and 20

because of all the misinformation about how OP they are in the forums. They think they can roll an op/scoundrel and start instagibbing, but they are wrong, and by the time they get their toons up to a level where they can abuse the consumables, that will already have been patched out and they will waaa waaa and delete and roll a bh/trooper or sorc/sage.

You don't see a lot of Operatives or Scoundrels because it does take a modicum of skill to be successful playing the class: knowing where to go to gank soloists, how to maximize damage output before you need to vanish or the cavalry arrives, etc.

Let's face it: facerolling belongs to the classes that can do it all. Op/Sco is a glass cannon class that has the benefit of stealth when they know how to play.

If getting facerolled + triple shanked to <30% health by operatives was a once-in-a-blue-moon ordeal, I might accept that, even though it never happens in a 1v1 with any other class.

Of course, it's not a once in a blue moon ordeal, and I find it hard to believe that every concealment operative out there just happens to be a skilled PvPer, while all those other players who chose other classes just, for some weird reason, aren't as good.

If getting facerolled + triple shanked to <30% health by operatives was a once-in-a-blue-moon ordeal, I might accept that, even though it never happens in a 1v1 with any other class.

Of course, it's not a once in a blue moon ordeal, and I find it hard to believe that every concealment operative out there just happens to be a skilled PvPer, while all those other players who chose other classes just, for some weird reason, aren't as good.

Wait for the patch and the death of stim stacking.

I'm going to be honest here my lowbie scoundrel stim stacks and you can see from the lower level stims there is a problem.

I barely scratch pvp geared 50s normally, however...

If I go grab the pvp buff, pop an expertise stim and use a power adrenal I will start tearing through there life bar as if they didnt have expertise gear with 3-4k back blasts and sucker punches.

When Im not stim stacked Ill be lucky to get a 1.5k back blast on them.

The issue is more widespread than you think.

That's pretty much all I do, run around Ilum and queue for WZ's all day. Must vary from server to server. I have Imps and Reps on two different servers though and both are lacking in the said class.

It's already been stated too many times operatives/scoundrels are way OP. The only people who play operatives/scoundrels keep chiming in to say that they are not OP, some bias there. Ok, knockdown/stun and incredible burst damage and no ability for the victim to react or break from the CC while continuing to be pulverized to death. It's ridiculous that there is no counter to the operatives/scoundrel's attack initial attack. At least there should be a fighting chance and the player with better skill and lack of error should be the victor. I play a healing sorcerer and get my *** handed to me by every other class, but I at least have a chance to escape or to react and fight. With the operative/scoundrel, there is absolutely nothing that I can do or react with. I'm just stun locked to death. So, let's see. Many others are also complaining and with all of the numerous complaints from all of the different classes, it has to be presumed that there is a basis for the complaint. Simply put, operatives/scoundrels are way overpowered in one versus one pvp. Edited by UnimatrixSteel

It's already been stated too many times operatives/scoundrels are way OP. The only people who play operatives/scoundrels keep chiming in to say that they are not OP, some bias there. Ok, knockdown/stun and incredible burst damage and no ability for the victim to react or break from the CC while continuing to be pulverized to death. It's ridiculous that there is no counter to the operatives/scoundrel's attack initial attack. At least there should be a fighting chance and the player with better skill and lack of error should be the victor. I play a healing sorcerer and get my *** handed to me by every other class, but I at least have a chance to escape or to react and fight. With the operative/scoundrel, there is absolutely nothing that I can do or react with. I'm just stun locked to death. So, let's see. Many others are also complaining and with all of the numerous complaints from all of the different classes, it has to be presumed that there is a basis for the complaint. Simply put, operatives/scoundrels are way overpowered in one versus one pvp.

Um no.

You can either:

A: trinket the first knockdown and immediately run or use one of your CC's

or B: put points into the talent that makes people get CC'd for breaking your shield.

Either way you have more than a fighting chance against any Scoundrel/Operative and even one who Vanishes and reopens on you.