Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Maintenance: October 20, 2020

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Maintenance: October 20, 2020
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

casirabit
10.20.2020 , 09:48 AM | #31
Just a short conversation, not really a mission
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj https://poshmark.com/closet/tmcevoy1121

Coercitas
10.20.2020 , 10:13 AM | #32
This patch is provoking an application error every 2 seconds on my computer, before patch everything was PERFECT, now it is a nightmare...my event viewer is spammed with application error, faulting process is swtor.

The only thing that changed is the update, don't try to explain the problem is from my computer...

TrixxieTriss
10.20.2020 , 12:38 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Coercitas View Post
This patch is provoking an application error every 2 seconds on my computer, before patch everything was PERFECT, now it is a nightmare...my event viewer is spammed with application error, faulting process is swtor.

The only thing that changed is the update, don't try to explain the problem is from my computer...
Have you restarted your PC

LeMage
10.20.2020 , 12:57 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by azamba View Post
It's always like this. I don't even bother hoping for any different outcome anymore. Whatever they announce, will stay, regardless of anyone's opinion. Period. Welcome to SWTOR!
They never never never listen to good ideas or the constructive criticism of their ideas, even when backed with reasons and examples. What's another good game to play?
--,-'-{@ RIP MxO @}--,-'-

LeMage
10.20.2020 , 01:06 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by KendraP View Post
......I have been starting other games - FF14 and despite the bad reviews and bugs, Marvel's Avengers is still better than SWTOR. I mean at least it's new, for one thing. And they've addressed their biggest issues with crashing and bugs in less than a month. Oh and by the way, BW, they also have made significant changes based on player feedback in a timely manner, not after years of players moaning about the same issues.
I've just gone and looked at Marvel's Avengers web site. The communication from the Studio is awesome. They even give real rewards for those that stuck it out while the rough areas were fixed. At least not a reskinned astromech droid again.

I'm going have to seriously give it a try. Any other games you know?
--,-'-{@ RIP MxO @}--,-'-

KendraP
10.20.2020 , 01:19 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by LeMage View Post
I've just gone and looked at Marvel's Avengers web site. The communication from the Studio is awesome. They even give real rewards for those that stuck it out while the rough areas were fixed. At least not a reskinned astromech droid again.

I'm going have to seriously give it a try. Any other games you know?
Personally, after nearly a decade here, I can handle avengers flaws. I will say the reptitiveness is real after a while. Lots of map recycling is true. But they already fixed the major issue I was having (massive lag spikes on low settings and even crashing with a 8700k/2080) and regularly add changes based on player feedback (for example, running in hub areas and adding mission terminals).

Like swtor, the cash marketplace is purely cosmetic, but unlike swtor these items cannot be sold between players. I also have managed to purchase 2 outfits off the cash market just by doing my main (cap) characters challenge card and starting a few others (im over halfway with hulk, a bit under with ms marvel, just started the rest really).

I will give swtor an advantage in terms of launch story(ies in the case of swtor). But MAs campaign is still quite good, its just shorter by comparison.

The other game I moved to while awaiting MA was FF14, but I had friends to help me get started which aided in dampening the blow of a new mmo. It was very refreshing to play an mmo that doesn't seem to be kept on life support just to milk the IP.