Component Clarification plz

KrullD

Greetings Starfighter....

Am drawing up a small guide for my guild regarding GSF and I had 2 questions that I can't yet seem to find answers to.

First. Are Torpedoes now breakable by lesser missile breaks such as Distortion Field?

Second. Were there changes made to Charged Plating? Specifically regarding the Sledgehammer and it's lack of Armor Component. Am noticing it does add a +40% bonus to shield arc which i don't recall being there. This always seemed to be a big issue with many players. Still somewhat at odds with proper shielding with that ship, although I have never had any real problems with using Charged Plating, and found it equally reliable with other ships.

Tanks!

Edited by KrullD

About the torpedos as far as I noticed Distortion field is still breakable by distortion field BUT only while they are still being locked on to you. This is the same for the all missiles as far as I know.

Now about Charged Plating. The only change as far as i remember was a change of the shield bleedthrough. The 40% were there before the patch. It has always been the big leaky shield that it is.

Greetings Starfighter....

Am drawing up a small guide for my guild regarding GSF and I had 2 questions that I can't yet seem to find answers to.

First. Are Torpedoes now breakable by lesser missile breaks such as Distortion Field?

Yes, and they always have been on live (non-test) servers.

Second. Were there changes made to Charged Plating? Specifically regarding the Sledgehammer and it's lack of Armor Component. Am noticing it does add a +40% bonus to shield arc which i don't recall being there. This always seemed to be a big issue with many players. Still somewhat at odds with proper shielding with that ship, although I have never had any real problems with using Charged Plating, and found it equally reliable with other ships.

Tanks!

There were some very minor changes to Charged Plating, but not enough to significantly effect it.

The changes were that Rapid Fire Lasers gained armor piercing, and that strikes and the weapons on strikes (most of which already had armor piercing) were greatly buffed. Also EMP field and EMP missile were greatly buffed in terms of how easy it is to use them to clear mines and drones (and their damage got buffed too).

The net result is that Charged Plating is a lot less effective against skilled pilots/teams than it was before, despite there being minimal changes to Charged Plating.