Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why is Bioware so silent on major gear issues from 5.10?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Why is Bioware so silent on major gear issues from 5.10?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

TrixxieTriss
Yesterday , 05:46 PM | #451
I’m guessing most people missed this recent stream (because Bioware don’t tell us about them). https://m.twitch.tv/videos/398973914

Part way through (sorry can’t give a time stamp), they discuss the gearing system and part of the philosophy. Then tell us they don’t like it either and wouldn’t do that again.

My take away from it was they were trying to achieve a goal of slowing the gearing down (aka, slot locks etc), but they’ve seen the way they did it is flawed. It’s probably the closest we’ll get to them saying they made a big mistake and they are sorry for doing it that way.

Sareeph
Yesterday , 07:15 PM | #452
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
I’m guessing most people missed this recent stream (because Bioware don’t tell us about them). https://m.twitch.tv/videos/398973914

Part way through (sorry can’t give a time stamp), they discuss the gearing system and part of the philosophy. Then tell us they don’t like it either and wouldn’t do that again.

My take away from it was they were trying to achieve a goal of slowing the gearing down (aka, slot locks etc), but they’ve seen the way they did it is flawed. It’s probably the closest we’ll get to them saying they made a big mistake and they are sorry for doing it that way.
Thanks for sharing that Trixxie. Definitely shed some light on some questions/speculations raised here in the forums.

KendraP
Yesterday , 08:31 PM | #453
If they are "unhappy" with the gearing system too, it would seem rather simple to say so here and just admit they're too incompetent to change it rather than let it fester away and chase players off.

And by the way, the number of people doing NiM that weren't already capable of doing NiM before is probably less than half a percent of the player population.

No offense to anyone, but NiMers are a nearly insignificant part of this game, probably because they've been left with nothing but old content for years.

Catering to 1% of the player base makes little sense, and i can guarantee more people are playing ossus than doing NiM raiding. If Musco can prove me wrong on this by showing me that more people did NiM gods in January than people completed Ossus in January, I will stop all my complaining and tell him how awesome they are. Thats how confident I am that Ossus is more popular than NiM raiding.

olagatonjedi
Yesterday , 09:00 PM | #454
Quote: Originally Posted by KendraP View Post
If they are "unhappy" with the gearing system too, it would seem rather simple to say so here and just admit they're too incompetent to change it rather than let it fester away and chase players off.
That would make no sense from a resource standpoint. Updates are generally temporary anyways, until the next update. No sense "fixing" something that isnt broke (no its not broke).

Quote:
And by the way, the number of people doing NiM that weren't already capable of doing NiM before is probably less than half a percent of the player population.

No offense to anyone, but NiMers are a nearly insignificant part of this game, probably because they've been left with nothing but old content for years.

Catering to 1% of the player base makes little sense, and i can guarantee more people are playing ossus than doing NiM raiding. If Musco can prove me wrong on this by showing me that more people did NiM gods in January than people completed Ossus in January, I will stop all my complaining and tell him how awesome they are. Thats how confident I am that Ossus is more popular than NiM raiding.
If you're responding to me, i dont think you understand what i said.

Sareeph
Yesterday , 09:57 PM | #455
Quote: Originally Posted by KendraP View Post
Scum and Villainy was the last NiM Op prior to GftM and was released on July 10th 2013. That is 5 yrs 8 months ago. The game has been running for 7 yrs 3 months. I would hardly call that catering. More like throwing them a bone finally.

TrixxieTriss
Yesterday , 10:59 PM | #456
Quote: Originally Posted by Sareeph View Post
Thanks for sharing that Trixxie. Definitely shed some light on some questions/speculations raised here in the forums.
What disappoints me is Bioware haven’t made an official yellow post about these questions that have been asked since December.
People shouldn’t need to find third party twitch streams that aren’t promoted by Bioware to get answers to these questions.

TrixxieTriss
Yesterday , 11:08 PM | #457
Quote: Originally Posted by olagatonjedi View Post
That would make no sense from a resource standpoint. Updates are generally temporary anyways, until the next update. No sense "fixing" something that isnt broke (no its not broke).
Even though the way they set it up isn’t broken, it could be defined as “broke” if it’s driving players away.

There is a band aid fix for the locked slots. Just add a vendor to sell mods/enhancements which allows you to swap what you’ve got for ones you want.

No idea how much work that might be, but they are fixing the DYN’s https://www.swtor.com/info/news/article/20190319
That might make it easier to implement a vendor till they change the gear system.

Another thing they could do is increase the drops of 252 gear from tier 4 crates and give more crystals for weeklies, etc.
I’m sure that would please most people.