Community Team General Update: May 31st, 2012

uh... go re-read yourself man there is no mention of an assassin in that post. there is a mention of a sith inq (which honestly could be sorceror or assassin) but none of an assassin itself.

And before the above post:

Thanks! All my friends know there was no way I would have chosen anything else as my main, haha.

Easy answer from me - Sith Assassin. Throwing lightning at everything in my path and raining mass destruction down on my enemies is far too much fun. As for my guild? They have no idea who I am. ^_^

Seriously, Dev Tracker is your friend.

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, which of these guys would be the one to go to for a question about ingame lore?

I want to know how long the character arc is supposed to take in game time. I also want to know, by the end of chapter 3, how long ago was the Treaty of Coruscant?

Edited by KalSpiro

Watch this assassin thing become a conspiracy theory that we have to put up with for the next 3 years.

Its almost like there's a conspiracy to make more...

You forgot to put on your sunglasses. :(

Thanks! Much appreciated.

I know you are all eager for information regarding character transfers and I just wanted to let you all know that this is definitely a studio wide priority. We’ve just about finished up on the development side of things,...

Thanks for the update. I'd love to get a similar update for ranked warzones preseason! (no doubt a lower priority than transfers).

Quote: Originally Posted by Agarwaenn

Someone said this sounds great? This is bad news my friend. They have not even finished INITIAL development on this. They still have testing, and bug fixing to go..... Means server transfers will not go live for many, many weeks yet. :-( (This system should have been worked on in BETA, not months after launch)

I'm not sure why you think that, as I wrote "We’ve just about finished up on the development side of things..." meaning that we're about to engage in testing.

Remember this is Bioware so it'll be like 1.2 where entering testing means it'll be copied onto the PTR and anyone who still bothers submitting bug reports will be ignored and everything will break on patch day then be haphazardly repaired with a series of emergency maintenance periods.

Aww :(. I missed the 5 second Baby Tauntaun (Could I rename it to the Bridge Dance for a shorter (and easier) name? :p).

If only I had known, I would have done it at work tonight (and get weird and confused looks from my coworkers) and it would have been awesome.

Same time tomorrow night?

Edit: We should totally record this in game and post a video here :-)

It was great. So good in fact, we extended it to 32-seconds. I think we should lengthen the name to: Baby Tauntaun 32-Second Dance-Off Dance Party for People Who Like to Dance like a Baby Tauntaun Fawn. Yeah, that name rocks.

We pumped up the

and let out our "I sit in this chair for a good portion of the day" energy. And Ari from the Marketing team made a surprise visit to do the worm -- he was a little late to the party, but it worked to our advantage because we weren't dancing and could watch him flail around on the carpet.

Let’s do another one next Friday (6/8) at 5PM CDT. It feels so good move around when my brain starts frying near the end of the day.

Also, thumbs up to you creating a video showing us your in-game dance moves. Do it!

Edited by AlysonBridge

I have a question for the Community Team,

As you can see there is a VERY vocal negative percentage of the community. To read the forums, you would believe that the game is, in fact, doomed.

I don't believe that. I think the game is in a holding pattern due to the lack of population on most of the servers, but I don't believe the game is doomed. So here is my question.

To get a finger on the pulse of the SW:TOR community. Can we institute some POLLS to engage the community here and get their voice (or vote) out there on more of the pressing issues of the community? One account - One vote, sort of thing? Maybe some kind of poll where people can vote on what features are of the greatest importance to us (other than the population issue). This would make it easier than sifting through all the threads to see if something has been discussed or opening multiple useless threads on the same issue?

I've seen people asking for Cross-server PVP and I've seen people speaking out against it. As I am actually NEW to the PVP aspect, I'm curious which is of greater importance to the community. Also features such as Chat Bubbles, Mentoring system, etc. I think it would be beneficial to US and to YOU.

Edited by Jaavik

Yet again, Bioware misses the point while some players care who is whom most of us just want answers of when content is coming. Anything else is just worthless static and fluff.

Even if they don't miss the point they still the point, amirite?

I know Kung Fu.

For the last time, no you don't.....sorry, had too. any SNL Celebrity Jeopardy fans should get that....:D

Anywho, i think it is great you all are doing this and it lets us know you all actually play the game. any chance you could pass us some information before it goes on other website? like which servers are on the chopping block? It will be just between you, I, and the rest of forums......I won't tell;)

Great... but we dont care who you are and what your roles in bioware are.

If you have no information regarding the future of this game, the patch notes, a short list of "things that are going live within next 30 days" or "things that will be going live within next 60 days", the entire introduction is exactly as this post - worthless.

um... dear bioware ^this^ person's opinions do not reflect my own.

Welcome to the community. I will read anything you guys post regardless of it's subject matter <3

Can you please pass back to the development team the line 'we are not ready to talk about that' does not inspire confidence.

I'll give one example where better communication could have saved a lot of hassel, the look of armour. The community found the ott armour look to be a bit lame, ugly or naff. But because feedback was only sort way too late into the development Stephen had to come on the forums and say we are listening but because its a long process you wont see any changes and the current armour in the pipe line will still look lame, ugly or naff.

If the communication process had been started right from the begining then the art team wouldn't be waisting their time with armour nobody likes the look off.

So where does that leave us going forward. Take Species. We know more will be added in the next 6 months but you aren't ready to talk about them. Don't you think it would be a good idea to both talk about them with the players so the art team can work on species people want. And also have a better time line that in the next 6 months. So far TORs track record has been very bad on time lines if its promised to be out in 2012 its late decemeber. If the aim of a feature is in one month it gets pushed back a couple. If something should have been in at lauch it comes out in patch 1.2

It seems player feedback is left too late and deadlines are never hit. Not great things for inspiring confidence that TOR will become the game players hope it will.

dear gawd man!

who cares about any of that?? are you really whining about vanity and species?

Thank you for the nice introducing. :)

I'd like to ask my fellow community members, to be patient. Making a game like this is not just a few programmers having a coffee. The game is awesome, the stories are kick-*** and it absolutely reflects the star wars feeling.

Angry wow-players with loot-hunger please try to be polite.

Back on track, thank you for the introducing, it's really nice to see you guys are not only 'droids' who are working on the game behind the scenes, but care after the community.

Cheers and well done!

Lets say that happens to 3% of the population.

That would be bad and for those people you would have to have a team that would have to do a recovery service for them.

However, the majority of the population would be happy.

i have a feeling you wouldnt feel that way if you were the 3 percent

Well some constructive feedback for the community team. Some has been stated before in this thread some may not have.

I recently but in a bug request how the number of quests wasnt enough due to the fact that achievements count towards quests. I was told to go to the forums and posted there. I shouldnt be told that and the bug system should act as something that can forward specific suggestions like that to the dev team. In the current state alot of people wont log off and log in here to post it so you will get a less accurate sample of problems.

Secondly bioware has LONG had the stance of not giving updates. This has gone back years and not just with this game and since ea has come into the picture. Its been a company philosophy. I would suggest having some sort of "pipeline" artilce one a month with short range, mid range, and long rage goals. Short range would be such as 1.3 updates in this caes. Mid range would be stuff for 1.4 and 1.5 for example. Long range would be ideas that are being worked on such as maybe revamped space combat and guild ships if they are that far off.

The thing bioware has to understand that i dont think they fully appreciate is this isnt like their single player games with dlc content where they can give info as they get it but a monthly paid subscription so you need to keep some people interested that might be hesitant about the game.

I dont expect specific dates either unless its set in stone. Anyone whose be involved in software deployment on anything on a medium to large scale knows that if its not delivered since you just set expectation of delivery you will get a bunch of angry people

I just want to say that I for one thank you all very much for your words and introductions.

I have been playing for quite sometime and yes i was somewhat worried about the community but all your posts and responses have re enforced my love for the game and quite frankly made me respect the amount of work that you guys do so much more. I sincerely look forward to all your future changes and perhaps even getting to know some of you. Great job and best of luck

Oh one more thing. Remember to use the force it does sometimes bring cookies:cool:

I like the feel of trying to connect to the community ,

But a lot of effort could be saved by actually doing this rather than talking about it .

One in game customer service LIVE response to a player having difficulties ,would actually make me feel interacted with and possibly helped .

This one act would replace thousands of CS getting to know you threads and actually trying to help paying players and keeping them updated till the issue is resolved,not closing unresolved issues .

You would eliminate the rude responses because now customers feel your putting on a show because of the amount of players unsubbing but the reality is if I submit an in game ticket in spite of this get to know you thread ,your actions do not reflex you post as the response would still be " sorry to hear you have issues we have taken note /passed on /escalated ,we will not keep your ticket open or give you any update ,can we help with any other issues -/ticket closed

Please invite a friend ,this is how you do it ..........................

ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS

No one wants to be friends with someone they feel blows them off at every opportunity.

Given the extreme incompetence of the customer service experience, I was surprised players were sorry to see anyone especially a top customer service person get fired .

Every one responsible for current customer services has contributed to this games unsubscriber numbers and a clean sweep would help .

Who ever was responsible for sub contracting to Mexicans with limited understanding of the language should have been fired for even suggesting such a stupid idea .