Free 30 days and Tauntaun Ram pet

Jeffdogg

I received an email saying on the 24th I was gonna be getting free 30 days game time as well as a Tauntaun ram pet on April 24th. When I didnt hear anything about either on the 24th I made a ticket. They replied saying I was going to get both on April 25th. I still dont have my pet or my free 30 days that they promised. Was it some joke they were playing or something? Is it really that hard for them to deliver on their promises? :confused: Anybody else not get theirs?

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I received an email saying on the 24th I was gonna be getting free 30 days game time as well as a Tauntaun ram pet on April 24th. When I didnt hear anything about either on the 24th I made a ticket. They replied saying I was going to get both on April 25th. I still dont have my pet or my free 30 days that they promised. Was it some joke they were playing or something? Is it really that hard for them to deliver on their promises? :confused: Anybody else not get theirs?

Take note of what timezone that date relates to.

It's not the same date throughout the world at all times.

The pet was supposed to be sent by midnight on the 24th, central time, which is 7 hours ago. If he was eligible he should have received it by now.

When the requirements were extended, the application date was pushed by one day. It is now applied at 1 minute before midnight on the 25th.

Edited by Sparxysparx

Hi there,

You're not supposed to have it yet.

Please see this thread:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=431757

Best of luck!

According to my email they sent me personally which states:

You are one of our most active and valued high level players and we know you have been waiting patiently for Game Update 1.2: Legacy. To show our appreciation, check out all the great new features this update has to offer-on us. We will be adding an additional 30 days of game time to your account at no charge*. The free 30 days will appear on your account by April 24, 11:59PM CDT, April 25, 4:59AM GMT.

As an added bonus, we will be awarding all active subscribers an in-game Legacy reward, the Legacy Tauntaun Ram Pet**, as our way of saying thanks for your support. The Tauntaun Ram Pet will be delivered to you via in-game mail by April 24, 2012, 11:59PM CDT/ April 25, 2012, 4:59AM GMT.

I should have it by now, I they cant live up to what they say in their emails then they need to stop putting dates and times in there imo. Its bad business..

When the requirements were extended, the application date was pushed by one day. It is now applied at 1 minute before midnight on the 25th.

Then they should of been professional enough to send emails specifying a new date/time to avoid situations such as this. I dont go on the forums much unless servers are down or theres a problem like this. So I was not aware of the changes, thats not my fault thats on them.

Edited by Jeffdogg

According to my email they sent me personally which states:

I should have it by now, I they cant live up to what they say in their emails then they need to stop putting dates and times in there imo. Its bad business..

They sent out a new e-mail when this happened (at least I got one stating the new dates and times). Additionally, we're talking about a one-day delay on an entirely free item.

They sent out a new e-mail when this happened (at least I got one stating the new dates and times). Additionally, we're talking about a one-day delay on an entirely free item.

I didnt get the email and thats not the point at hand. If I would of got a new email I wouldnt have made the thread or would of had to come to the forums which i barely come to.

Edited by Jeffdogg

Then they should of been professional enough to send emails specifying a new date/time to avoid situations such as this. I dont go on the forums much unless servers are down or theres a problem like this. So I was not aware of the changes, thats not my fault thats on them.

I'd advise adding the Dev Tracker as a homepage / pinned tab.

Devs communicate, but if people don't read them they don't know what's happening.

I for one don't want an email every time one of the devs have something to say.

I hope that as soon as people start receiving these in the game they post about it, because now I'm getting confused about whether or not I'm eligible. :o

The fine print in the email says this

** FOR ACTIVE SUBSCRIBERS OF STAR WARS™: THE OLD REPUBLIC™ ("SWTOR") AS OF APRIL 12, 2012, 12:00PM CDT, 5:00PM GMT OR AS OF APRIL 21, 2012, 12:00PM CDT, 5:00PM GMT. OFFER MAY NOT BE SUBSTITUTED, EXCHANGED, SOLD OR REDEEMED FOR CASH OR OTHER GOODS OR SERVICES. VALID WHEREVER SWTOR IS SOLD. MAY NOT BE COMBINED WITH ANY OTHER OFFER, GIFT CARD, REBATE OR DISCOUNT COUPON. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED, TAXED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. VIRTUAL ITEM ONLY. LIMIT ONE OFFER PER ACCOUNT. ITEM WILL BE APPLIED IN-GAME TO ALL CHARACTERS UNDER USER'S ACCOUNT.

Now the free 30 days I was led to believe you needed to have a level 50 character (which I had since the 3rd week of launch) before a certain time/date.

I have a 6 month recurring sub have had a lvl 50 since Jan of this year. My account has not been banned nor flagged, but yet I did not receive this email. Are 6 months subs not apart of this free month and Tauntaun thing? I also picked up Mass Effect 3 so I did not log into the game for a month as well, but my account is still active being that it is a 6 month sub.

I wonder, what about Gametime card users? I use just gametime cards, currenly I have 31 day left, i got email that i will get 30 days today-tomorrow, but now im confused, if its something with subscription, because im not a subscriber, im just using gametime cards..

I have a 6 month recurring sub have had a lvl 50 since Jan of this year. My account has not been banned nor flagged, but yet I did not receive this email. Are 6 months subs not apart of this free month and Tauntaun thing? I also picked up Mass Effect 3 so I did not log into the game for a month as well, but my account is still active being that it is a 6 month sub.

Found the page on the site

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20120412

In order to make sure that you receive your in-game Legacy Tauntaun Ram, your account must meet the following criteria by April 12, 2012 ,12:00PM CDT, 5:00PM GMT or April 22, 2012, 12:00PM CDT, 5:00PM GMT:

You must have purchased the game and redeemed an official Game Product Registration Code at the Code Redemption Center.

You must have signed up for a recurring subscription using a valid payment method OR redeemed a Game Time Code.

Your account must not be banned.

A SPECIAL GIFT FOR OUR LEVEL 50 AND LEGACY LEVEL 6 PLAYERS – 30 DAYS OF PLAY TIME ON US!

In appreciation for your support every active subscriber with a Level 50 character or with a Legacy Level 6 account will receive thirty (30) days of game time**.

In order to receive your thirty (30) days of game time, you must meet the following requirements:

Have an active subscription and have a Level 50 character by April 12, 2012, 12:00PM CDT, 5:00PM GMT or April 22, 2012, 12:00PM CDT, 5:00PM GMT.

OR have an active subscription with a Legacy Level 6 account by April 22, 2012, 12:00PM CDT, 5:00PM GMT.

Your account must not be banned.

Is your legacy level 6+?

I wonder, what about Gametime card users? I use just gametime cards, currenly I have 31 day left, i got email that i will get 30 days today-tomorrow, but now im confused, if its something with subscription, because im not a subscriber, im just using gametime cards..

You should be Ok

You must have signed up for a recurring subscription using a valid payment method OR redeemed a Game Time Code.

Yep, it was a huge joke, you figured them out, you are a winner sir !!

This is why they should never promise a date on anything, people like the OP freaking out ...

Game card or credit card, you are considered a subscriber just like all the other MMOs out there that use game cards ...

I wish I lived in a perfect world like you...

I wish video game players would stop being treated like a 10 years old kid.

EA is one of the biggest videogame company in the world right now so they should be professionnal enough to respect their promises.

Its not like its the first time it happens...

Yep, it was a huge joke, you figured them out, you are a winner sir !!

This is why they should never promise a date on anything, people like the OP freaking out ...

Gotta love the passive aggressive comments in the morning, bet your real E-tough aren't ya..

Hi everyone,

I apologize for the confusion surrounding this but the Legacy Promotion page is accurate. If your account met the Legacy Promotion requirements by April 22nd, you will receive your rewards via in-game mail by 11:59 pm CDT today:

Swift and strong, and ready to stand firm at its master’s side, the Tauntuan Ram pet will be delivered to you via in-game mail by April 25, 2012, 11:59PM CDT/ April 26, 2012, 4:59AM GMT.

If you qualify and have signed up to receive The Old Republic updates by email, you’ll receive an email notification from ‘The Old Republic™ Community’. The 30 days of game time will show up on your account by April 25, 2012, 11:59PM CDT/ April 26, 2012, 4:59AM GMT and will begin once your current game time remaining expires. If the remaining game time on your account expires prior to April 25, 2012, 11:59PM CDT/ April 26, 2012, 4:59AM GMT, you will be unable to login to the game until your 30 days of game time are added to your account.

Our APAC transfer community will receive their Tauntaun Ram Pets slightly later due to issues involving in-game mail for transfer accounts. Here's Stephen's post:

To ensure no-one misses out, we are briefly delaying delivery of the Tauntaun Ram Pet to those who are transferring their characters. Everyone who has transferred characters(s) to the Asia-Pacific servers should receive their Tauntaun Ram Pet via in-game mail early next week (starting April 30th). We’ll bring you more exact details closer to the time.

For more information on the Legacy Promotion, read here.

We hope this sheds some light on the matter. Again, apologies for any confusion this caused!