Any chance of a patch or DLC allowing crossover powers?

Ra-Ki-Lau

I know alot of players really enjoy the lore which is the main reason for playing the game (id assume most people dont do it solely for the mmorpg mechanics). That being said, is there any chance that a future patch or DLC could allow for a crossover of sith/jedi powers? Alot of peoples favorite characters i.e. Revan, Luke, Anakin etc. have at least ventured to the dark side for a little bit and it seems to make a more complete jedi. Im sure alot of people would enjoy playing as a guardian but also using project, or playing as a consular and using lightning and/or choke, and vice versa. Perhaps this could be added on as part of the AC's so its not standard with the classes but allows for use of these powers maybe after a certain alignment level. This is a recommendation for the Bioware staff but id also like to hear other peoples thoughts, such as if this is plausible or if it would make the game mechanics to difficult/complex? Imagine how boss it would be to project items at an enemy before force leaping into a sundering strike and then force pushing them back only to finish them off with a blade storm or lightning.

lets get this thread going and see if we can get something done.

also i realize project requires focus so maybe there could be an ability that allows you to gain a little focus before battle starts?

lets get after it

Project requires Force and is a Consular only ability. Also they do have this feature in the "Family Tree Perk" where you inherit one power from a character that had reached level 50. For example, you reach level 50 as a Consular and you give the rest of your characters an opportunity to use project. Only project is on a 1-2 min CD instead of its usual CD. I know Sith Warriors provide Force Choke to other characters, but I'm not sure about the other classes.

However, as said.. It's a one time use per minute, give or take, and this feat is unusable in PvP, so really it's sort of useless. Would be a cool concept if they introduce things like "Glyphs" in WoW that changes the animation of light side spells into dark side spells to provide the player a more "Dark Side" feel, but I doubt Blizzard would implement something like that.

As far as letting Sorc's use Force Choke or Guardians use Project, that would be stupid beyond on the uses they provide us now with the Family Tree Perk. It will screw everything up and affect the class' core mechanics.

Letting you use abilities that are completely foreign to your class on a regular basis would destroy any semblance of balance the game has, depending on which you'd allow. This and the classes energy systems are not entirely comparable, for instance 50 force on a shadow is completely different from 50 force on a sage, and yet again different from focus.

What they could do, from a gameplay standpoint, would be allow players to select ability animations from their respective mirror class. I still don't think it would be that much of a good idea. I could probably imagine sith assassins throwing rocks instead of shock, but sages using force lightning would probably be too much.

im relatively new to mmo's (spent a little time playing WoW) but im not saying just let all classes use all abilities just one ability like a perk once you reach a high enough level in your AC and/or iight/dark alignment, maybe depending on your skill tree. I agree there shouldnt be crossover between knight/consular or inquisitor/warrior but maybe a dark sage could use thundering blast or a light sorceror could use forcequake. Also as aforementioned im new to mmo's so how does it throw off the balance? im not trolling but actually curious. I dont tend to pvp alot except for warzones to get xp and i understand that the mechanics are essential to gameplay but for someone like me who prefers pve i dont think it would be a huge offset to the balance by allowing one dark or light side ability to opposing classes.

but again if you could explain how this could throw off the balance id appreciate it im still trying to get the strategy down.

Also i was unaware of the family tree perk so ill have to check that out