PVP Cheating

DarkVikingKnight

I was recently in a pvp match with a mara who was blatantly cheating, he was able to vanish every 10-15 seconds, and move with increased speed the entire match. i read the new reporting system just now but i find that is just awful. it took me several minutes to create a ticket while in game when i should have had a simple option to /report with a option for reporting the cheating.

How can you guys at EA be this bad at understanding gaming, fixing problems, as well as taking care of your community? i should not have to work to report cheating. it should be the most accessible thing in the game!

I was recently in a pvp match with a mara who was blatantly cheating, he was able to vanish every 10-15 seconds, and move with increased speed the entire match. i read the new reporting system just now but i find that is just awful. it took me several minutes to create a ticket while in game when i should have had a simple option to /report with a option for reporting the cheating.

How can you guys at EA be this bad at understanding gaming, fixing problems, as well as taking care of your community? i should not have to work to report cheating. it should be the most accessible thing in the game!

Not sure what you experienced as your details are a little vague. In the past people have falsely reported cheating either because they were unaware of what a player can do with a class, or for less honorable reasons. It's easy to accuse someone of cheating, and players should not be summarily punished because someone levels accusations. Bioware still needs to do an investigation, and the details help them narrow the scope to effectively respond.

Now, what you described COULD be cheating, but stronger evidence is needed than a description and class. Screenshots or video evidence is strongest. You made an accusation and Bioware must initiate an investigation, but in order to do that they need as much detail as possible to be certain that the infraction was committed.

Edited by Sappharan

It's literally just Defel Spliced Genes tactical, and your concept of time is warped in pvp.

It's 2020. Everyone can get free downloadable, screen recording applications. If you have nvidia/amd graphics card, recording software is baked into the driver update software. It's literally a 1 button push to start recording.

As a individual asserting wrongdoing by another player, it's on you to provide evidence. Otherwise, you're the one who is wrong. There's no other constructive way for other people to interpret the situation.

This is how your post should have read: "Can someone explain how this mara is running around so much and disappearing all the time? Here is a link to the video."

As for how much "work" it takes to report cheating, if it was a one button click (LIKE RECORDING SOFTWARE) then all the reports Bioware would get would be huge amounts of spam from salty people who are bad at pvp. That "work" ensures people are at least somewhat serious.

I don't think this game can get any lower than this....

So we are going to end up with clueless bads reporting players for " cheating" ... Holy mother of cows. I had a feeling this Chris Schimidt's reporting system is going to backfire ..

There is a tactical that allows marauders to vanish multiple times because predation resets the cooldown of their vanish.

Dude, it’s not cheating. He’s using this tactical : Defel Spliced Genes - Activating Predation finishes the cooldown of Force Camouflage.

Predation is every 30secs, so it will seem like he’s constantly doing this.

Ignore everyone explaining your concerns away. Just put as much detail as you can into your ticket report it and BW will investigate. Trust me they can and will take action on cheating. You arent doing anyone a favour by just getting frustrated or discouraged by anonymous pvp posters, most of whom are more than likely motivated by self interest on getting you to not report you wont get someone "falsely" kicked Doesnt happen...why do I say that ..combat logs and data records dont lie..but players do.

Literally the steps are at the top of the pvp thread just follow

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=964857

Ignore everyone explaining your concerns away. Just put as much detail as you can into your ticket report it and BW will investigate. Trust me they can and will take action on cheating. You arent doing anyone a favour by just getting frustrated or discouraged by anonymous pvp posters, most of whom are more than likely motivated by self interest on getting you to not report you wont get someone "falsely" kicked Doesnt happen...why do I say that ..combat logs and data records dont lie..but players do.

The fact that someone who is capable of writing full English sentences creates a post like this is pretty ridiculous. Literally 4 people have explained that it‘s just Marauder abilities what OP witnessed, and you want to tell him to not believe them? What‘s next? Do you want people to report everyone that stealths out because they can’t tell the difference between a Merc and an Assassin?

Btw. Counting votes is cheating. 5G made Corona. And H**ler lives on the Dark Side of the Moon. Welcome to ducking Fake News age...

I don't know if this post is satire or not... If so, dude, this is amazing... If not, I have a blue "Please Be Patient" hat I'll send to you if you message me your address...

The fact that someone who is capable of writing full English sentences creates a post like this is pretty ridiculous. Literally 4 people have explained that it‘s just Marauder abilities what OP witnessed, and you want to tell him to not believe them? What‘s next? Do you want people to report everyone that stealths out because they can’t tell the difference between a Merc and an Assassin?

Btw. Counting votes is cheating. 5G made Corona. And H**ler lives on the Dark Side of the Moon. Welcome to ducking Fake News age...

Who cares? He has a right to send in a report. BW should do their job and delete it because its not cheating. Why are people attacking OP for sending in a report?

Who cares? He has a right to send in a report. BW should do their job and delete it because its not cheating. Why are people attacking OP for sending in a report?

I didn't attack OP. I attacked the guy that encourages OP to not listen to reasonable explanations by multiple people and wasting CS time and energy.