Powerr's Jedi Shadow Tanking Guide

Powerr

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My question is why wasn't this duplicated?!?!?!

One of the things that made RVR in DaoC the best was the 3 faction system (played on Hib/Igraine here). When one faction was beating the crap out of others (mostly it was Albion for us), we used to team up with Midgard to balance things out. It kept everyone in their place. So many good times had on the frontiers. Went back last year to see how things were going in DaoC. Ran into a Midgard player who was obviously up to gear (my gear was from Catacombs at best), he 3 shot me. WAR was a good try to replicate that PVP system, but only 2 factions.

Could Powerr or someone help me out on gear choice.

I've read a plethero of threads but I'm still confused.

Using this build which gear items should I get from the PVP vendor for a level 40 toon?

Cheers.

Could Powerr or someone help me out on gear choice.

I've read a plethero of threads but I'm still confused.

Using this build which gear items should I get from the PVP vendor for a level 40 toon?

Cheers.

all dps gear

So, just to be sure you don't go for the survivor bonus with atleast two pieces?

Is a shield always prefered over a focus or is it dependant on the situation?

Edit: Ohh wait, just saw that we are talking about level 40 here, sorry!

Edited by Okema

Ok :). Just to be sure for 50s it is survivor off- and mainhand and rest stalker, or has that changed?

Thanks!

it's pretty much personal preference/group need. There is not a combat log so I can't really give you a detailed description and prove whats best for you

Edited by Powerr

Just bumping this cause it deserves more attention.

I leveled my Infiltrator shadow as an alt after playing Guardian which hit 50 i first week of prelaunch access.

When i hit 50 a few days ago, I just got trashed left and right by expertise geared people and I did like 17 damage per hit on bursts (Way exaggerated, but you get what I mean)

I actually went back to playing Guardian because of it till I ran in to this tread and tried it out.

Haven't been ack to guardian since. Loving it.

Right now I only have around 568 expertise on it, where as my guardian has well over 600. I do notice the difference but with Slow time being AoE it more than makes up for the damage difference.

I also plan on going full stalker with survivor offhand.

I already enjoy the damage I do atm combined with the survivabilty I have, and seeing as I still have around 240 expertise to go till I'm done things seem to be even more fun from a DPS perspective.

I might give infiltratioin a go again sometime, but certainly nt before I atleast have full champion gear.

Averaging 11 medals (Most I got was 14 in a match) It's good for valor grinding :p

Anyways, yeah. Bumping. And cheers for the build, Power.

I have jjust watched the Op's gameplay video.

Question. How do you get the camera to zoom out that far? PvP would be much easier for me if I could do that.

There is a setting in the preferences for camera max distance.. problem is if you hit a wall or go in a building it moves closer and doesnt zome back out once there is more space. It's.. annoying.

Question. How do you get the camera to zoom out that far? PvP would be much easier for me if I could do that.

options

filming for a new tanking video as we speak matter of fact

Edited by Powerr

Believe me there are places that you need to be zoomed out 100% Like Soa raid to see what is going on when tanking.

Ok so gear wise. You are suing the weapon and shield and 2 other pieces of tanking gear. Does it matter which 2 pieces? Are there 2 pieces that you should look at first, like chest and head or legs. I dont have the break downs in front of me and want to make sure I dont make a mistake when choosing gear to try this spec out. I have the weapons, just need to pick up 2 pieces of tank set.

What is the best method for specing out this build ?

Should I go all up the Kinect tree first and then go Balance or should I go Balance much earlier ?

I am currently only a level 26 on Infill but I want to change up and try out this Kinect.