Crafting Skills Critical Amplifiers

KomutanC

Hello,

I just wonder if these following augments got fixed by the developers:

Critical Armormech – Increases Armormech crafting critical success chance.

Critical Armstech – Increases Armstech crafting critical success chance.

Critical Artifice – Increases Artifice crafting critical success chance.

Critical Biochem – Increases Biochem crafting critical success chance.

Critical Cybertech – Increases Cybertech crafting critical success chance.

Critical Synthweaving – Increases Synthweave crafting critical success chance.

I have read the 2019 forums and have found that they do more harm than good (since they are broken). Is it still like that, after almost 2 years? :rak_02:

Truth is, we don't know. Each Critical is a max of +10. Not +10%, but just +10. So how much is +10 in the formula? if it's +10/1,000 then having +90 (one for each mod in your gear) doesn't even add up into a 1% boost. If this is the case, they may be working, but we wouldn't really notice a difference in how much we Crit while we're crafting.

They certainly don't do any harm, since there is nothing superior (see *) that it really competes with on the Mod-type item modification slot, assuming you are making a dedicated crafting outfit.

But yeah as Toraak said, we don't know the magnitude of the benefit, so there is no way to confirm if they are working. On the flip side, the smaller the benefit, the more tens of thousands of crafting occurrences you would need to detect a difference.

1.) Successful [bLANK] amplifiers are also on the mod slot. They reduce the chance failed missions, so they can be somewhat useful especially for the mission-category of crew skill missions. However they are not necessary on a dedicated crafting suit.

2.) Repair Cost/Durable Equipment ... I have a thread asking questions about this which generated only a few responses. For someone who doesn't craft, and does a lot of pve, this is obviously more useful than a critical crafting amplifier. But, you wouldn't need these on a crafting suit either.

3.) Mount Speed ... its true, I have these "for fun" on the version of my Victor's set that I keep in my legacy bank to play around in sometimes. I don't notice a huge increase, perhaps because I'm not really speeding long distances. Regardless, this isn't really competition for the critical crafting slot either.

4.) Influential/Power Napping ... these have time-limited usefulness. Once you are at the level cap Power Napping is useless. Influential is arguably useless on a toon with >9 rank 50 comps. Some people have made specific "influence" sets which they equip and then give comp gifts to speed up the influence grinding process. This is fine if you use the same method to make an influence set as you do to make a crafting set. Neither is a true direct competitor.

5.) Stim Longevity ... I use these on a couple tanks I have that have a different crafting skill other than biochem. I'm not sure these are working correctly as I reported here, but even if they are working correctly and its just a display issue, these aren't necessary for biochemists at all, and aren't necessary on a crafting suit either. So anyway you slice this pizza, its not a direct competitor.

6.) Starship Booty ... :rolleyes: Does this even work?