Do schematics exist for orange belt/bracers?

JasonChmiel

My understanding is it *should* be possible to obtain orange belt/bracer schematics by RE'ing the new blackhole/Compaign bracers (assuming they are moddable)

No belt/bracer schematics drop from UT.

My understanding is it *should* be possible to obtain orange belt/bracer schematics by RE'ing the new blackhole/Compaign bracers (assuming they are moddable)

No belt/bracer schematics drop from UT.

No. You can only get orange shells for REing *modable* purple tier 2 gear. Unmoddable stuff, like belts, bracers, and implants, result in a schematic for the *actual* item. =) I know of at least one Black Hole implant that was successfully REd to acquire a schematic on the public test server.

@Seront

It could be just my character, but I do not get the tootip for RE success on the Blackhole Commedation implants on Live (also applies to Rakata). I've not won the EC implant token to see the campaign implants could be RE'd to a schematic. I'm also going off the assumption that no RE % chance = no schematic (of any sort).

No. And tier 2 does not give you a schem since they are not moddable pieces.

Do you get the schem for the actual item then?

('Cause, supposedly, that's how it's supposed to work for the new non-moddable compaign/blackhole stuff)

One would expect crafting a finished version of the new bracers would be just about as good as crafting a custom version, if not better if the stats "baked in" are optimum..

@Seront

It could be just my character, but I do not get the tootip for RE success on the Blackhole Commedation implants on Live (also applies to Rakata). I've not won the EC implant token to see the campaign implants could be RE'd to a schematic. I'm also going off the assumption that no RE % chance = no schematic (of any sort).

Hmm. The Blackhole Implant I'm talking about was dropped by the Nightmare Pilgrim, and wasn't purchased with commendations. Maybe not all the Mk-Xs can be REd?

You can reverse engineer campaign belts and bracers, but none of the black hole belts and bracers. A successful reverse engineer gives you a schematic for that same item, except instead of being BoP, the item is BoE, and you have a chance to crit the item for an augment slot.

You can reverse engineer campaign belts and bracers, but none of the black hole belts and bracers. A successful reverse engineer gives you a schematic for that same item, except instead of being BoP, the item is BoE, and you have a chance to crit the item for an augment slot.

But will it be moddable (armoring & mod)?

Edited by lunartic

In otherwords, if you want to be a topend crafter, you have to be a top end raider? FAIL.....