How long does customer service usually take?

somerandumb

So I'm not going to rant as this is my fault for not paying attention but is instead an actual question. I in my rush to buy a piece of gear on my operative bought the wrong set item and blew my 3k tech fragments, it completely killed my desire to play the character but I submitted a ticket and figured I'd do other things while I waited to hear back. I expected a day, maybe two days and I'd know something while I level my merc. Well we're now four days later and I haven't heard a thing, not even a "Sorry this is your fault, we will not restore currency" or some such. Does anyone have any experience with this type of customer service and if so, how long does it usually take? Does it seem like something they'd even help with? Thank you.

So I'm not going to rant as this is my fault for not paying attention but is instead an actual question. I in my rush to buy a piece of gear on my operative bought the wrong set item and blew my 3k tech fragments, it completely killed my desire to play the character but I submitted a ticket and figured I'd do other things while I waited to hear back. I expected a day, maybe two days and I'd know something while I level my merc. Well we're now four days later and I haven't heard a thing, not even a "Sorry this is your fault, we will not restore currency" or some such. Does anyone have any experience with this type of customer service and if so, how long does it usually take? Does it seem like something they'd even help with? Thank you.

I had the same two weeks ago. I misclicked and bought the wrong item. I already knew the answer but I put in a ticket anyway just to highlight it to them. But it took a week for them to get back to tell me there's nothing they can do for me.

So I wouldn't hold my breath.

Usually takes them a few weeks to find the most unsuitable copy and paste reply to send before they close the ticket to prevent you replying :p

I gave up on the in-game bug report system due to the clear lack of knowledge about the game. Last time I tried to pursue a bug they kept closing the tickets. After the third attempt to explain the problem with simple words and pictures I was told they would take action against my account if I continued to ask for help. Might as well ask on fleet chat at peak time. At least that way you get some entertaining replies to distract from the problem :D

The only two people who have actually helped me have been Eric and Tait and both times that was directly related to account problems, not in-game issues.

Edited by UlaVii

Changing the system as they have so you can't get a proper refund was a knee jerk response to people being able to re-roll the amps for the shells by returning the item and buying it again. It was reported on PTS and they let it go to live where people got used to it working that way. Then they changed it with no warning and it keeps catching people out as it has with you. They should of left it as it was until they could fix it properly. Amps were their goldmine credit sink and this hack of a fix is an extension of that.

About the tech fragments; it's massively unlikely you will get them back. Everyone I know who tried got roughly the same negative reply about how you should pay more attention next time. Good luck though, hopefully you will get a customer service agent who doesn't follow that pattern.

Edited by UlaVii

Just to give an update, it took five days but they did get back to me and refunded my tech fragments. Can't really complain about the wait I think, I'll take what I can get. I'm assuming with the player base shooting up after the expansion maybe slowed things down a bit? Overall was a win I think. Thanks for the replies guys.

I'm assuming with the player base shooting up after the expansion maybe slowed things down a bit? Overall was a win I think. Thanks for the replies guys.

Good news,

Myself, I suspect also swtor allowing support staff to take leave over xmas added to the delay, now everything is back to normal tempo expect the response timing to reduce now

Good news,

Myself, I suspect also swtor allowing support staff to take leave over xmas added to the delay, now everything is back to normal tempo expect the response timing to reduce now

Now we just need a 5-6 day response time from Bioware Community Management on when they intend to fix bugs or if Devs even know about them after multiple reports, threads and posts?

ie : it took 5 weeks and 6 threads + in game reports till the “gear bug“ got on the bug board (because they apparently weren’t told).

Which still isn’t addressed or had any communication on when it will be fixed.

We can’t even get an answer if they have enough feed back that Musco asked for, so they can move forward with a fix or if we are supposed to still be reporting every instance of it happening multiple times a week.

If you can pass on the request for information, that would be great.

Thanks again Owen for the volunteer tech support youve been doing for us in the last 8 years.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Interacting with support usually takes such a long time, I try to explore every other option possible before actually contacting them.

Just the other day, I logged in DK spaceport, and got stuck in the console you interact with for class story. /stuck didn't work, and with no other option for me to extract myself and continue the story, I had to call in a friend Sorc to pull me out. Because ETA on that option is up to several hours, instead of up to a week, like is the case for customer support. And that's an unforgiving amount of time, given that a sub is 30 days, and you're supposed to abandon the character you currently play for up to a week in case something happens.