Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

ScramblesTD

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If i pre order Sept 19 will i get in today a good chance i dont want to be waiting here the whole day or should i play Skyrim?

you think today's "narrow band" would stretch all the way to Sept. 19th ?? please...they really lost so many customers today it is not even funny...and Grace Period is being Ignored totally.:mad:

Good luck to y'all who are playing now.

I wont be playing for the next couple of days I'm afraid. I didn't pre-ordered right away because there was no launch date back then.

I did so the minute the launch day was announced though.

Well, the game wont run away so I'm fine waiting for now, alltho I must admit that I'm checking in every hour for a email haha !

Sitting around and playing Minecraft or some such whilst waiting for my email to drop would be perfectly acceptable.

I've waited for this game for several years; I can wait a little longer.

Or at least, I -could- if I could actually PLAY Minecraft, but noooo -- this just HAD to be finals week, didn't it. :jawa_wink:

Since you said you there is a shedule, would you mind sharing it with us?

We (atleast i do) do understand that the shedule is based on estimations and nothing is set in stone, and that there can turn up unexpected conditions, but we would love to have a rough estimation of when we will get our early access invites

Its going to be a a day per month.

July = 13TH

Aug = 14TH

Sept = 15TH

Oct = 16TH

Nov = 17TH

Dec = 18th

Go figure why they moved the early access ahead 2 days because anyone who bought the game in December would get almost no early game access.

Of course BW are never going to admit or confirm this kind of timing even if it would save them grief of people constantly loading the launcher / refreshing the page every hour.

For that to work it would have to be the same amount of preorder registrations the same month, mostly likely what it will be is

july 13th (there could have been like 300k+ preordered when it started)

Aug/Sep 14th (they could have tailed off to 300k+ for the whole of the next 2 months)

Oct/Nov/Dec 15th (and the same 300k+ for the next 3 months)

as the preorders for that month tail off they can let more months on.

Though would be nice if we could have just had at least our place in the Q then we could at least have an idea how long till we get on, you know like getting cheese from the supermarket.

Sorry folks - we can't be more specific.

Can't even be more specific on "how you've planned the wave" ?

By that, I mean wich criters are you using to choose the players ?

The thing quite strange is you've done many stress test, don't you know the average number of player that a serv can handle ?

Fmp, the serv I want to join is quite empty right now (100 players on Hutta+Korriban).

I think the serv can handle quite more players right now. :p

Thanks for keeping us in touch Mr. Reid, and "Courage !"

im sorry to me this whole wave stuff is crap but thats just me everyone here spent the same amount of money pre-ordering the game. no different then anyone did the month before it shouldnt matter when you preordered as long as you paid the amount before launch you should get free access just like everyone else . and if you plan on only giving the people who pre-ordered last month as a example early access for only one day that is jsut completely ******** . not to say completely unfair since everyone paid the same amount of money to play the game early.

And I redeemed on the 21st. Friend on 23rd, He is still in before me.

That's distressing. I redeemed early morning on the 22nd, and no email for me (no lighted play button either.) I'm at work now, so it doesn't really make a difference as long as I get it by tonight, but I sincerely hope that's the case.

Well wasent this all tested on beta and it was working correctly?

Yes but that was maximum load on a slightly old client.

Think of it like testing automobiles. They run them for thousands of hours at abnormally high speeds under abnormal conditions to see if they'll explode or fail or fall to pieces.

That doesn't mean that during actual, normal operation they want you to do the same.

@Rockjaw

Stephen Reid

@erlang85 We had a LOT of pre-orders on Day One.

According to vgchartz.com you had a bit over 19k pre-orders between the 21st and 23rd, and 99k the following week. I realize that you don't want to open the flood gates, but stating that you had a massive number of pre-orders on day one seems disingenuous.

http://www.vgchartz.com/preorders/40755/USA/

Confused. I pre-ordered right out of the gate in July, but it says I didn't 'redeem' code until November??!

So I'm in the November group because I didn't take the next step, or will I be in July group because that's when you received my money?

~Rhain