Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

UI Feedback: Amplifier and Amp Rerolls

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Public Test Server
UI Feedback: Amplifier and Amp Rerolls
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Banderal
09.30.2019 , 12:15 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by OlBuzzard View Post
Between the RNG stuff ... and not knowing what you're going to get with a "re-roll" …
I was thinking about this, and realized... it's like going to Vegas and playing a "blackjack" type game, except they don't tell you what the target score is. "You are sitting at 33 sir. Do you want another card?"

Slippery When'wet, FistFullOfCandy - SF

Khaleijo
09.30.2019 , 12:29 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
  • Do you understand how amplifiers are displayed on gear? On mods?
  • Do you know how to access the amplifier reroll window?
  • Do you understand how to reroll amplifiers?
  • When rerolling amplifiers, is it clear what choice you are making and how much it costs?
1. Yes, at least for the gear part, haven't had mods with amplifiers yet. But without equipping the item I don't have any idea what the amplifier actually does, some are self explanatory while others could be anything from their name. I'd prefer to know at first glance what a new item/amplifier might get me without doing various steps first or look up in a list what this or that does now.
2. No, I wouldn't have found the whole gear amplifier window on my own, I asked someone being longer on the PTS for where I could find out what the different amplifiers do with the intention to get some general information about them, he told me then how to find the window of what my toon has equipped. From there I simply tried out what the button at the end of the line in the gear amplifiers window does, from its look though it wasn't that clear that it's the reroll or even that it was actually a button to click, since hovering the mouse over there only shows the tooltip of the amplifier.
3. Yes, or at least I think so, having to close both the reroll and the gear amplifier windows to get the new type/value was quite confusing.
4. Yes, for the cost, as it is though a definite No for what I get, the tooltip does not change from the first offered recalibrate option, the icon and name/value changes, the descriptive text though stays the same as the first displayed options, without knowing by heart each and every amplifiers name together with what they do, I simply can't know what I get.
Freund werben, 7 Tage Probeabo: www.swtor.com/r/GJhHrY

SparkySquirrel
10.01.2019 , 10:31 AM | #23
Kinda digging the amplifiers, but... I want even say how much creds it took me to get mostly golds and purples.. being a non gtn guru, play the market type, my players are always low on creds.. not one of the 1% that have millions and millions of creds to blow on a chance for an upgrade. So not sure if amplifiers are even going to be an option for me. sad squirrel....

KendraP
10.01.2019 , 11:27 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by SparkySquirrel View Post
Kinda digging the amplifiers, but... I want even say how much creds it took me to get mostly golds and purples.. being a non gtn guru, play the market type, my players are always low on creds.. not one of the 1% that have millions and millions of creds to blow on a chance for an upgrade. So not sure if amplifiers are even going to be an option for me. sad squirrel....
That's all this could possibly be, a giant credit sink. I'm still waiting on simple clarification of concept. Either these things make a significant impact or they do not. If they do, why are they not being included in balance totals. If they do not, scrap the concept and find some other giant waste of time and credits, preferably one that only affects their targetted credit spammers.

As a basic principle, a min maxing problem relies on independent variables (i.e. crit, alacrity, etc) affecting some dependent variable (i.e. dps). Ergo, using this amplifiers as a min maxing tool is a stupid argument if they do not provide enough crit/alacrity/whatever to impact dps. Thus, I conclude that their stated intent is inaccurate or worse, that they simply cannot be bothered to incorporate yet another variable into the already growing list of things they must now consider.

Thus my overarching conclusion, solidified by reading this thread, is that these amplifiers are a simple credit dump (that, I might add Musco, does not hurt your intended target).

TrixxieTriss
10.01.2019 , 11:58 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by SparkySquirrel View Post
LOL, Ive spent 5 billion credits across 4 characters and I still couldn’t get all the amps I was rolling for, if it goes live as it is, people won’t bother and others will end up being gambling addicts.

If they cap the cost at 30,000 and make it so rolls get better and not worse, then I agree, the amps are fun.

Mubrak
10.05.2019 , 12:42 AM | #26
I'm missing a summary of the active amplifiers. Instead of "+4.5% life steal / +4.5% life steal / +5% life steal" I 'd prefer to see "+14% life steal". When I want to know where it comes from, the current listing would be nice, but not a necessity, we don't have that for stats like accuracy either.

AFAIR weapon shells won't have amplifiers so the drops aren't superior to CM weapons. But amplifiers are shown as empty in the UI (the UI needs a lot of polish anyway). That made me thinking: why not give every moddable weapon shell in the game a base amplifier, no matter whether from drops, reputation vendors or the cartel market. Make it something irrelevant like +0.01% weapon damage, but allow us to reroll that amp.

UI in general: Obviously still a work in progress, but not a fan of the huge character window. The previous one was perfect. Adding a big empty space to a prominent UI element, that will only be used by the third page of that window (ship) is bad design. We often have several windows open, and most of the time the character window is one of them. Don't make it take more screen space than neccessary. Just move half of the ship gear slots to the other side.
6.0: Do not add that gaudy flashing icon above every vendor's head without an option to turn it off.
Let us sort our companion list and hide or kick out the unwanted ones!

http://www.swtor.com/r/rszTdG

Hawkebatt
10.05.2019 , 01:07 AM | #27
I went and made most of my amplifiers gold and for the ones I kind of wanted.
One armoring was in the millions in no time at all.

I will say this again this is Gambling exactly the way it is set up. put item in place bet spin the wheel and presto useless to great reward. Kept waiting for a zonk.

What it does need is a consolidated percentage or +point total and not a list of each one.

With the cost prohibitive nature of the system it will be a long time before I attempt to upgrade before a better one drops.

Request a direct sale for the stat percentage that I might want.

Enough is enough
Emotion, yet Peace. Ignorance, yet Knowledge. Passion, yet Serenity.

Chaos, Yet Harmony. Death, yet the Force. Contemplation, yet Duty.

EmperorRus
10.05.2019 , 01:24 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post

Do you understand how to reroll amplifiers?
Yes, but it seems not working for me

TrixxieTriss
10.05.2019 , 09:34 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Hawkebatt View Post
I went and made most of my amplifiers gold and for the ones I kind of wanted.
One armoring was in the millions in no time at all.

I will say this again this is Gambling exactly the way it is set up. put item in place bet spin the wheel and presto useless to great reward. Kept waiting for a zonk.

What it does need is a consolidated percentage or +point total and not a list of each one.

With the cost prohibitive nature of the system it will be a long time before I attempt to upgrade before a better one drops.

Request a direct sale for the stat percentage that I might want.

Enough is enough
I’m glad someone else agrees this is straight up gambling and not even subtle RNG gambling

Darthjantom
10.05.2019 , 10:12 AM | #30
I agree with some of the previous posters that there needs to be a cap on amount of credits a re-roll costs
Why would anyone waste significant amoutn of credits on re-rolling amplifiers when such credits are needed for the proper gear?

I was re-rolling just for the heck of it and not only did many re-rolls seem quite crappy crew/crafting skill bonuses that were of no use to my char, but its kinda ridiculous that re-rolling something giving such a tiny bonus like amplifiers can increase up to millions, I stopped at 23mil re-roll cost because I ran out of credits