Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

UI Feedback: Amplifier and Amp Rerolls

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Public Test Server
UI Feedback: Amplifier and Amp Rerolls
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Jevnaker
10.09.2019 , 06:58 PM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
UI design (look) feed back :

Please make all the UI match the old style of windows or make the old style match the new UI windows.

At the moment they are so different, it feels extremely unprofessional and amateurish like Iím running multiple third party addons, like you would in games like World or Warcraft.

I know you guys are better than this. Please donít release it live or you will get bad feed back from players and I dare say from industry reviewers in the gaming media. You donít want it to be come a meme like Anthemís disjointed systems.
This is sadly excactly what happend when they supposedly improved the galactic map. the old nice looking map was replaced with an super ugly useless one. Also i would love to turn off the ugly new icons hovering over lots of npc's char i still havent found an option to do so yet. Also the new colour scheme and design on some old symbols like the postbox hover symbol is really horrendous. Whoever thought these ui visual changes were a good idea should probably be fired or transferred to the team responsible for designing parts of the game players never sees.
Use the Fork Luke
here is my referral link please use it if you can. http://www.swtor.com/r/cMZtgW

OlBuzzard
10.09.2019 , 07:15 PM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
I just hope they cap the cost at 100,000, no matter how many times you have to roll, it will never cost more. Unless you select one and want to change it later.
Other wise its pure slot machine mechanics and 100% gambling.
No argument from me !! I agree 100%
(████████████████████████████]:|█[ioi]█[|||████]|█|

Flying-Brian
10.09.2019 , 08:27 PM | #53
So with some cost testing trying to see at what point is it more cost effective to just dump your current armoring amp, and just start over on a new armoring.
  • 500K = 17 rolls
  • 1mil = 26 rolls
  • 1.5mil = 33 rolls

There might be a better cost to roll point, but I would rather try 3 different armorings for a total of 51 rolls for 1.5mil, then stay on 1 armoring for 33 rolls for the same 1.5mil.

Since it is all (bad) RNG, I have gotten the amplifier rating I was trying for within a few rolls, and also taken an armoring up to 50mil+ per roll without getting the one I was trying for.

ZionHalcyon
10.09.2019 , 10:10 PM | #54
For this to work, I feel like the developers need to pick a damn lane between these 2 items:

1) 50k weekly credit cap - once you hit 50k, all following rolls are 50 k.
or
2) Keep it is now, but then allow players to lock in amplifiers they want, even if they want to switch out armor.

Otherwise, it feels too messy, and I don't see anyone bothering with it AT ALL until they get their "final" armor suit.

Its just too cost prohibitive otherwise.

OlBuzzard
10.09.2019 , 10:36 PM | #55
Quote: Originally Posted by ZionHalcyon View Post
For this to work, I feel like the developers need to pick a damn lane between these 2 items:

1) 50k weekly credit cap - once you hit 50k, all following rolls are 50 k.
or
2) Keep it is now, but then allow players to lock in amplifiers they want, even if they want to switch out armor.

Otherwise, it feels too messy, and I don't see anyone bothering with it AT ALL until they get their "final" armor suit.

Its just too cost prohibitive otherwise.
Over all the system seems to be overly complex. Also keep in mind that as we tested this we used unlimited resources. And if we messed up or needed more credits Ö we just simply went to a machine and picked up some more. Granted it was just to test the products to see if they worked.

For my final analysis: Between the RNG VENDORS Ö and what is essentially a RNG amplifier system I would stand a better chance of standing 15' 6.5 " ( or 474 CM) away from a regulation size dart board Ö. BLIND FOLDEDÖ. and expect to throw double in and double out Ö

Not impossible... not much fun, and just about as much chance of getting exactly what you want.
(████████████████████████████]:|█[ioi]█[|||████]|█|

sharkfishman
10.10.2019 , 01:06 AM | #56
Quote: Originally Posted by OlBuzzard View Post
Not impossible... not much fun, and just about as much chance of getting exactly what you want.
This sums the system up nicely.

Even when getting gold, it doesn't feel particularly rewarding. It's not thrilling. It's not even fun. It's just click, no, click, no, click, maybe upgrade, click, no, click, no, etc. The whole system is frankly boring, overly complicated, unclear and way too expensive.

I also have the sense that certain types are much easier to get gold for, or other types don't even have a gold rarity available, or the chances are abysmal. I received gold self-healing numerous times, but only blue for other DPS stats. I know there needs to be a larger sample size than just me... but if the devs are tweaking percentages behind the scenes, it's an even bigger turnoff.

What I'd like to know is this (and I think players will need to know as well to avoid major frustration with this aspect of the system):

Do all gold amps have the same rarity, or are some more like Platinum?

Where do all of the amps have a chance to drop? In certain parts (mods, enhancements, armoring, barrels, etc.) or also in certain gear pieces (i.e., only in chest, head, gloves, boots, etc.)?

Do you plan on adding any sound effects or animations?

At the moment, this feels like a cheap trick pulled by 100% free MMOs that have to make money somehow. I have this sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach that it won't be long before we see Guaranteed Mod Upgrader Seals and Lucky Mod Boosts in the CM. I really hope not.
For my friends, click my referral link for awesome free stuff.
For my enemies, click it just to spite me.

"Don't get cocky."

DzastinBiberi
10.10.2019 , 09:46 AM | #57
I went as far as spending 11m per roll just to get the right amp, because the RNG for it is terrible.

Also, Life Stealing isnt working, so I doubt that any amps work at all.

limenutpen
11.18.2019 , 10:48 AM | #58
Things like Amps and it being beneficial for your stat make the game to complicated as in not fun.

So for me Amp besides bonus in crafting and so on should be removed. This is my 2 cents.

Tacticals is a great idea, this deserves to go, or else my sub is off.