Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Republic needs a Agent class, Imperials Need a Trooper class.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
Republic needs a Agent class, Imperials Need a Trooper class.

absolutetristan
12.09.2019 , 01:34 PM | #11
The way I always thought new classes should of worked was to tie them to the boosted character tokens introduced with KOTFE.

Do a Zakuul knight, and/or a Zakuul Agent for KOTFE.

An Alliance Force User and/or Trooper for KOTET (is that token still for KOTET or did they scale it to JUS or Onslaught?).

And for the current story, maybe then do a new Republic and Imperial themed class witht the Republic/Empire conflict reignited, (I always thought would be cool to have a Republic Engineer with droid companions, and a Sith/Imperial Beastmaster with beast compnaions, but then again, we have the cartel companions which squashed that idea), but again, keep new classes to the token to the chosen boosted point, if that makes sense.

And I think for the most part, the expanions could play out the same, maybe just some introduction dialogue to explain who the character is at the beginning of the expansion.

Always thought, and still think, it would have been easier to tie new classes to specific expansions, than to go back all the way to the class stories, which others have mentioned, would be a lot more work. It would still be a lot of work though, but think that would've been more doable.
Refer a Friend Link:

CKNORTH
12.09.2019 , 02:04 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by absolutetristan View Post
The way I always thought new classes should of worked was to tie them to the boosted character tokens introduced with KOTFE.

Do a Zakuul knight, and/or a Zakuul Agent for KOTFE.

An Alliance Force User and/or Trooper for KOTET (is that token still for KOTET or did they scale it to JUS or Onslaught?).

And for the current story, maybe then do a new Republic and Imperial themed class witht the Republic/Empire conflict reignited, (I always thought would be cool to have a Republic Engineer with droid companions, and a Sith/Imperial Beastmaster with beast compnaions, but then again, we have the cartel companions which squashed that idea), but again, keep new classes to the token to the chosen boosted point, if that makes sense.

And I think for the most part, the expanions could play out the same, maybe just some introduction dialogue to explain who the character is at the beginning of the expansion.

Always thought, and still think, it would have been easier to tie new classes to specific expansions, than to go back all the way to the class stories, which others have mentioned, would be a lot more work. It would still be a lot of work though, but think that would've been more doable.
If we ever get another Expansion they could add a Heroic Character "Class" perhaps in a way unique to the Expansion as you see, and if subscribed you get one however if not they can be obtained by CC store. but may I add I think a really sweet class would be a force using Trooper for Imperial side, and something new in the genre, a force using Agent for Republic... By FAR two of the greatest classes to tie into the game, imo.
Pre-Order Knight of the Republic

Try Something different? https://steemmonsters.com?ref=subjectnorth Enjoy!

DaroxSKSKSKSKSKS
12.09.2019 , 10:46 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by CKNORTH View Post
Need I say more? other than make it so?
Unrealistic proposition, regardless of how much I myself would like more classes. Like others have said, they would have to basically re-do the whole game for each new class.

Now... new SPECS on existing classes - much more easily done.

OlBuzzard
12.09.2019 , 11:41 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Xina_LA View Post
I'd love to play a Republic SIS Agent as a class, or an Old Republic version of a Stormtrooper.

I think that's a really fantastic idea. Even if they re-used a class ship.

Yeah, it would be a lot of work and money, but I think it would bring back many players who enjoyed SWTOR most for the class stories.
Yeah especially the SIS agent !!!

I 've made a detailed suggestion to that end It's buried around here somewhere !

The fact is that the SIS is all over the place in SWTOR as it is !! IMO time to bring that class in game as a playable class ! And in fact (if BW so chose) the post KotFE / ET era could also be used as the proof to the Republic Senate that there was a genuine need for the funding for the SIS The Empires version is supposedly well funded. Not so for the SIS (up until now). BUT... here and now is as good a place as any to introduce the special branch of the SIS.

I also prefer FSNFU characters for this role: (Force Sensitive Non Force Users). As I understand it there are several characters through out the Star Wars saga that fall into this category as well. IMO this would be a good way to develop a story for that group as well.
(████████████████████████████]:|█[ioi]█[|||████]|█|