★★ Shinarika VI ★★

Xinika

Youtube:

Jedi Shadow PvP

Watchmen

The Corsair

Specs used:

10/0/31 "Balance PvP" spec. (http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#601McMcZZcMfRrMkrfz.1)

2/31/8 "Infil-Kill" spec. (http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#6010MZhGrRkhMbtzZf0c.1)

31/0/10 "Kinetic PvP" spec. (http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#601bIrokrskbsZZf0cM.1)

Notes:

Sixth episode of the Shinarika series that truly takes the meaning of Shadow PvP to it's limit. Balance, Kinetic and Infiltration are all featured in this video. Each spec having it's respective action-filled punches. With not another moment to spare, we present to you: Shinarika VI.

This video is a personal favourite of mine and I hope you enjoy the material presented to you. A special thanks to PSI and the support they've gave me in this series. Without them, there would be no Shinarika. Also, a shoutout to all Watchmen for bearing with me, despite the hard times I'm experiencing right now. Oh, and, come home Kitty... come home...

Track List:

From Software - Red Butterfly

The Living End - End of the World

Alphastates - Champagne Glass

Metric - Succexy

Phoenix - 1901

Eric Serra - Little Light of Love

Tools:

PSI

Watchmen

Sony Vegas

Fraps

Edited by Xinika

Hahah wow, I never put your name together until just now. I have a Sith Inquisitor (Sage) and an Imperial Agent (Operative) on The Corsair, I mostly PvP'ed with both. YOU are the sole reason I re-rolled a Shadow on a more populated server.

Your pre-mades we're so annoyingly good and I feel like you guys were always playing. I got to 50 pretty quickly on The Corsair and the Imps dominated WZs for a little while. Then I rolled my IA alt and by the time I got to 50, we were losing nearly every game at all hours of the day/night.

People would literally join WZs and say.. "Is Shin playing" and people would leave if the answer to that question was "Yes."

Anyways, thanks for all your time with the guides and just wanted to share that quick story. Thanks for making me want to re-roll a Shadow, I'm having a blast with it and probably won't even look back on my other 50's.

Edited by Prophecy-NT

same as guy above same sever was imp no on a higher pop server shin inspired me to get to know my class better (not a sorc) and keep trying even if we are losing and gettin owned, altho I like you and swift its lion who I cant stand

its lion who I cant stand

I'm not on their server nor do I know them personally but taking everything he's writing in shins videos into consideration he seems to be a pretty arrogant arse.

Edited by Farami

Yeah I'll be honest, Lion was/is pretty annoying. But this is coming from someone who played against him and does not know him personally; I only know him by playing against him in War-zones on the opposite side.

Always had respect for Shin even without talking to him. He knows his class to the T and doesn't brag or pick fights. Top-notch player all around.

Hahah wow, I never put your name together until just now. I have a Sith Inquisitor (Sage) and an Imperial Agent (Operative) on The Corsair, I mostly PvP'ed with both. YOU are the sole reason I re-rolled a Shadow on a more populated server.

Your pre-mades we're so annoyingly good and I feel like you guys were always playing. I got to 50 pretty quickly on The Corsair and the Imps dominated WZs for a little while. Then I rolled my IA alt and by the time I got to 50, we were losing nearly every game at all hours of the day/night.

People would literally join WZs and say.. "Is Shin playing" and people would leave if the answer to that question was "Yes."

Anyways, thanks for all your time with the guides and just wanted to share that quick story. Thanks for making me want to re-roll a Shadow, I'm having a blast with it and probably won't even look back on my other 50's.

Your welcome and I hope you enjoy your Shadow. I should let you guys know it wasn't always this way for us. Lion and I grew up getting farmed by 50s in full champ/bm gear when we were still in our 30s. I suppose it's that drive that made us stronger and caused us to excel once we hit 50. It's been literally like a movie on our server. We've managed to completely turn the tide on imp domination on our server, solely due to iron will :p and the desire for victory.

I simply refused to let The Corsair be yet ANOTHER imp-dominated server.

Edited by Xinika

Excellent awe-inspiring video. One thing though: On your Kinetic spec, I see that you sacrificed Applied Force in order to max out Rapid Recovery. So is RR really that much better in pvp? (I actually wanted to do the same but lacked the data to back it up). Edited by Boulis

People would literally join WZs and say.. "Is Shin playing" and people would leave if the answer to that question was "Yes." .

I pity the PvP mentality of the imp players on that server, somewhat borderline to really pathetic if 8 players decision to play is dependent if one single Rep player is against you.

Actually if I was on that server shin was on, I would make it my merry happy hunt to kill Shin solo cause I have all to win, and he all to lose in such a case. Why? Cause if one person is so feared, his reputation must be sky high, and killing said player solo will be a major boon to said victors reputation and ego.

Being popular and "the best" is not always a good thing, cause you will always be hunted and never never left alone.

I pity the PvP mentality of the imp players on that server, somewhat borderline to really pathetic if 8 players decision to play is dependent if one single Rep player is against you.

Actually if I was on that server shin was on, I would make it my merry happy hunt to kill Shin solo cause I have all to win, and she all to lose in such a case. Why? Cause if one person is so feared, her reputation must be sky high, and killing said player solo will be a major boon to said victors reputation and ego.

Being popular and "the best" is not always a good thing, cause you will always be hunted and never never left alone.

Really getting tired of getting called he. It's she* man, she*. Now that mentality you have is shared by many players on my server (republic and imps alike) and is actually an advantage to me. Simply because I'm going to distract you from your objective and seeing to it that my team wins the game regardless.

I can't tell you HOW many people target me purposely to validate your point. In the end, it works in my favour.:p

Edited by Xinika

Really getting tired of getting called he. It's she* man, she*. Now that mentality you have is shared by many players on my server (republic and imps alike) and is actually an advantage to me. Simply because I'm going to distract you from your objective and seeing to it that my team wins the game regardless.

I can't tell you HOW many people target me purposely to validate your point. In the end, it works in my favour.:p

I apologize, "her" i meant. Agreed that such a tactic is valid and serves as a benefit to your team. But im still puzzled by the fact that the opposing team will have a change of heart to play or not, because of one player.

And get on the Assassin forums. Got stuff for you to reply to :)

Edited by Devorasx

a g-g-g-g-girl!?

I suspected it at your choice in music for these vids. >_> And thanks for making them, and hope to see new ones when 1.2 arrives. I'm still gathering mods to stack up powers to reach your damage numbers. >_>

She definately does have a good taste in music.

I am losing track with the number of videos you are pumping out! Great work as always, you were mentioned today on my server (EU), in a discussion with another shadow about stacking power over crit!!!

I get a lot of people asking me about my playstyle, I explain it's not my playstyle it's Shins/Powers and I always point them towards yours and powers shadow guides as examples of how to play and gear. Do you spend more time solo pugging or premading?

I have a quick question if you wouldn't mind.

I have been wondering if you wait for particle acceleration before using project?

Or do you simply use project on every cooldown in order to use 3 stacks of Harnessed shadows more often?

Thx for your help!

noooob request here :D since im not too familiar with all the dif specs and their corresponding skill sets, would it be lame to have somewhere on the video showing "this is inf spec, this is bal spac, this is kin spc" not necessarily written like that, just somehow being able to tell the difference :D

noooob request here :D since im not too familiar with all the dif specs and their corresponding skill sets, would it be lame to have somewhere on the video showing "this is inf spec, this is bal spac, this is kin spc" not necessarily written like that, just somehow being able to tell the difference :D

I'd rather help you out with that in tutorial videos. I do see what you mean though.

I am losing track with the number of videos you are pumping out! Great work as always, you were mentioned today on my server (EU), in a discussion with another shadow about stacking power over crit!!!

I get a lot of people asking me about my playstyle, I explain it's not my playstyle it's Shins/Powers and I always point them towards yours and powers shadow guides as examples of how to play and gear. Do you spend more time solo pugging or premading?

Yesterday was quite possibly the last day I may ever solo que. Due to the fact that some of the people on my server that que lack respect for the field of PvP and simply "don't care" to win or try.

I noticed that in your balance spec you don't use shadow strike. Do you find that it's not needed or just too hard to pull off?

I don't find it useful due to force cost and how many other abilities I'm trying to upkeep. In addition, I'm not specced into Infiltration Tatics.

As I'm one of those no-good, low-down keyboard turners + mouse clickers, I feel like balance may be the DPS spec of choice for me. Interesting that there's no other way to target FiB other than mouse click.

It's a very interesting spec and makes my choice of rolling Shadow a much more comforting one. The different playstyles of all 3 specs are equally unique and fulfilling in their own ways.