Did GSF lag get a lot worse this week?

BobBudJones

Been playing 3-4 weeks, and never really had problems with lag in GSF until this week. I also never have problems with lag outside of GSF.

In at least 4 matches this week though I've had awful, game-breaking lag in one way or another. Sometimes it's an enemy ship or two jumping around in random directions, sometimes everyone is just teleporting all over the place, and most recently everything looked smooth but I couldn't land a single shot the entire first half of a match (and no, it wasn't evasion or some such...I literally landed ZERO shots for the first half of the game, and finished with 12% hit rate when I always have between 25-35% hit rate).

Anyone else having more problems than usual?

Since 2.6 went live I had some lag issues and weird video crap. I think they have a small leak in their video, which means your video cache fills up but does not properly get flushed by their software. That will impact both video and internet. Restarting your PC flushes your video cache and should correct the issue for a while. I mainly have the connection issues after playing for a while and find it helps me to flush my video cache. I run an NVidia video card with the latest official drivers.

Also in the news, Netflix is in a pissing contest with many of the internet backbone providers. They are fighting over how traffic is sent thru the networks. If you happen to be sent thru one of these overburdened inter connection points, you will see a lot of latency due to that.