Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Who else uses nova dive/black bolt (by choice)?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Starfighter
Who else uses nova dive/black bolt (by choice)?

dancezwithnubz
02.20.2014 , 01:41 AM | #11
blackbolt all the way.

i'd like a second one so I can have two loadouts.

The_Raven_Lord
02.20.2014 , 01:54 AM | #12
I love my Blackbolt!

I just wish the wings were set in the up position to make it look proper, but I guess you can't have nice things with BioWare.
Currently in an Imperial rehabilitation facility receiving treatment for WoW addiction.

dancezwithnubz
02.20.2014 , 01:56 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by The_Raven_Lord View Post
I just wish the wings were set in the up position to make it look proper, but I guess you can't have nice things with BioWare.
i like it just as it is tyvm.

with a set of laser cannons hanging off the sides, it just looks sweet. kinda like a BSG raider.

mattycutts
02.20.2014 , 06:42 AM | #14
i prefer the blackbolt and novadive just for personal choice of scout.
RED ECLIPSE - Unrelenting (Rep) / The Deathbringers (emp)
(Ground & Space PVP only) - Republic main
Empire - Quickblast / Quickstrike / Quickblow / Quickcast / Toretto
Republic - Quickblasts / Quickslam / Quickvolley
Former Baccas Blade / Nightmare Lands

Pilgrim_Grey
02.20.2014 , 09:13 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Delta_V View Post
Except for Sabo Probes are *far* harder to land than hits w/ Ion Railguns, and they give the target a nice big warning sound while you lock on. The thing that pisses people off about Ion Railguns is the lack of warning - out of nowhere, *bam* no shields, no weapons, no engines, no way to fight back.
Yes, some things are easier about the Ion, but that's mostly because sab probe is pretty balanced for what it does. If it had a 2 second default lock-on time, you'd be hearing a lot more complaining about it. There's a reason there are plenty of comments about at the very least removing the energy drain on the aoe ion attack.

All of that doesn't negate that sab probe really messes you up when it lands... flying in a straight line for a few seconds and mostly like not being able to boost, etc... again, that's most often a death sentence. The whole point of my first post was to say that sab probe is actually worthwhile and has its place in a scout build if you want to run with how it works.

mandoforlife
02.20.2014 , 09:54 AM | #16
I fly my Blackbolt and Quell nearly exclusively.
Vamark Skirata 55 Mercenary <Meet Killface>
Sirsuitntie Sorcerer - Jatne Operative - Zaavar Assassin - Alsaire Marauder
The Bastion

Sindariel
02.20.2014 , 11:37 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Pilgrim_Grey View Post
They're a pain when they land on you...
Exactly. When they land on you.
Their long lock-on time and short range makes it really difficult to actually land a hit.
And any half-decent pilot who gets hit by one will never give you another chance to land a second one.

Quote: Originally Posted by dancezwithnubz View Post
blackbolt all the way.

i'd like a second one so I can have two loadouts.
You can have a second one. It's called Sting. Everything useful the Blackbolt/Novadive has to offer is also available on the Sting/Flashfire, except EMP-Field.

Fact is, EMP-Field is the only thing that makes this ship kind of unique.

Don't understand me wrong. I still use my Blackbolt regularly, but that ship is definetly missing something to make it more useful/versatile outside of certain scenarios.

Nocher
02.20.2014 , 11:55 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Sindariel View Post
You can have a second one. It's called Sting. Everything useful the Blackbolt/Novadive has to offer is also available on the Sting/Flashfire, except EMP-Field.

Fact is, EMP-Field is the only thing that makes this ship kind of unique.

Don't understand me wrong. I still use my Blackbolt regularly, but that ship is definetly missing something to make it more useful/versatile outside of certain scenarios.
Yes, the difference is only EMP, but that single component makes you use the Nova/Bolt entirely differently in this new bomber and gunship infested era. Pre-2.6 I would agree with you that there was no compelling reason to be on a Nova, but with the addition of that single ability, along with the new class, the Nova has become a MORE versitile tool than the Flashfire, whose only merits are in dogfighting or killing careless pilots.
Band-Aid
That guy on the Bastion with only a Nova Dive

DEATHICIDE
02.20.2014 , 01:38 PM | #19
The glory of the novadive will come as soon as they patch up the broken double volley cluster missile on the flashfire.

Before, flashfire was so great because it was far beyond broken, a refuge ship for all crummy pilots out there who wanted cheap kills.

They could simply grab targeting telemetry, get the shield piercing crew ability, grab burst cannon and double volley clusters, pop all their cooldowns, and no matter what they were aiming at, it was taking direct hull damage in amounts scout pilots drooled over, all while being untouchable during the onslaught.

The distortion field issue is fixed. The shield piercing is nerfed.
As soon as popping the shield piercing copilot ability and getting a guaranteed hit with your clusters is patched up, this ship has no more unintended advantages.

All those who know how to pilot the novadive like a boss, and can land those rocket pods in a dogfight regardless of what the naysayers tell you, will shine bright.
Republic Diehard-Imperial Diehard-Founder Of The Old Republic

The Most Valuable - Devastator - Fleet Admiral - Space Magnate

Lithy
02.20.2014 , 02:05 PM | #20
It's my fav ship
Lithíum Hartshotte, Sniper
Exit Area

Tallianna Hartshotte, Gunslinger
Officer of Shadowed