Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Capital ships need to be removed ASAP.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Starfighter
Capital ships need to be removed ASAP.

Armonddd
02.18.2014 , 10:12 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Jyzai View Post
heres an idea
Don`t go near them.
Do you even understand the situation?

A group gets a slightly lead in TDM (on the order of 1-2 points). Then, instead of continuing the fight, they all head back to the capital ship.

It is now impossible for the losing team to turn the match around.
Space Ace of <Death Squadron>, <Black Squadron>, <Eclipse Squadron>, and <solo da>

Jandi
02.18.2014 , 10:41 AM | #12
QQing about a Capital Ship firing on you.
HEY!!! heres an idea
Don`t go near them.

You sound like those people who QQ about guards getting in the way of there wpvp.
And tell me, how are you supposed to fight a DEATHMATCH when you can't fight the other team because, the moment they have a slight lead they switch to gunships/bombers and just sit at the cap ship waiting for the timer to run out.

Then, if you only pug like I do, you always have idiots on your team who keep flying into the cap ship so even if you don't, you still lose the match without getting any req because why would they leave the cap ship? They have a constant stream of idiots going after them.

So here's a better idea, buy yourself a brain. Or better yet, learn to play the game instead of abusing ****** game mechanics.

Jyzai
02.18.2014 , 10:42 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Armonddd View Post
Do you even understand the situation?

A group gets a slightly lead in TDM (on the order of 1-2 points). Then, instead of continuing the fight, they all head back to the capital ship.

It is now impossible for the losing team to turn the match around.
That`s when you have to wait it out just outside the range of fire and let them get noncontributing cause that way they would have to fly away from the ship and attack someone. If your in a group or can get others on your team to wait with you then you can all focus on one ship at a time as they fly out.
So let me get this straight you want to add a debuff to keep people from quitting warzones, then you might as well get ready for insults at you and others on the team.

Applejacxs
02.18.2014 , 11:55 AM | #14
No cap ships should not go. If people want to get over aggressive on kills that's your fault you got shot down. If anything they should add a warning if your approaching one or get with in its firing range

Jandi
02.18.2014 , 12:04 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Applejacxs View Post
No cap ships should not go. If people want to get over aggressive on kills that's your fault you got shot down. If anything they should add a warning if your approaching one or get with in its firing range
If you can't be bothered to read beyond the OP then please do everyone the kindness of not bothering to respond, either.

Kain_Turinbar
02.18.2014 , 12:21 PM | #16
That`s when you have to wait it out just outside the range of fire and let them get noncontributing cause that way they would have to fly away from the ship and attack someone. If your in a group or can get others on your team to wait with you then you can all focus on one ship at a time as they fly out.
Speaking of which, this "You are now AFK" feature needs to be tweaked. I mean seriously, the other day in a TDM I was chasing and chasing this gunship and finally when he ran out of engines I launched a torpedo and got the "You are now AFK" message but then when it hit and killed him said "You are once again contributing". How stupid is this?

I heard once you get that message its too late, you already get a big reduction in req for the whole match even if it was just for a second.

I also get it frequently when being chased. In some matches if you score a quick 5 kills or so you get a lot of people that start raging for you and I like to run, run, and run some more until I drag them through a mine/drone field and/or some waiting gunships. Getting an AFK message for this is stupid as well.

Jandi
02.18.2014 , 12:27 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Kain_Turinbar View Post
Speaking of which, this "You are now AFK" feature needs to be tweaked. I mean seriously, the other day in a TDM I was chasing and chasing this gunship and finally when he ran out of engines I launched a torpedo and got the "You are now AFK" message but then when it hit and killed him said "You are once again contributing". How stupid is this?

I heard once you get that message its too late, you already get a big reduction in req for the whole match even if it was just for a second.

I also get it frequently when being chased. In some matches if you score a quick 5 kills or so you get a lot of people that start raging for you and I like to run, run, and run some more until I drag them through a mine/drone field and/or some waiting gunships. Getting an AFK message for this is stupid as well.
Yeah, that needs work as well. On a Pike, it sometimes takes time go from a kill to the next when you chase down a gunship.

Armonddd
02.18.2014 , 01:37 PM | #18
That`s when you have to wait it out just outside the range of fire and let them get noncontributing cause that way they would have to fly away from the ship and attack someone.
This is a joke, right?

Cause by the time they get noncontributing, so will you.
Space Ace of <Death Squadron>, <Black Squadron>, <Eclipse Squadron>, and <solo da>

Jandi
02.18.2014 , 04:49 PM | #19
10 TDMs today, same story in every single one. Half the team picks gunship and never go far form cap ship, lets the non-gs pilots get slaughtered and just wait for our side to reach them, then the peekaboo with the cap ship begins. I'm actually so disgusted with this, that I'm done with GSF and TOR entirely until something is done.

EDIT: Ok, that was a slight exaggeration due to frustration, half the team didn't pick gunships at the start but every match I was in, they kept huggin the capital ship from the get go, intentionally.

Jyzai
02.18.2014 , 11:53 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Armonddd View Post
This is a joke, right?

Cause by the time they get noncontributing, so will you.
Well sometimes you just gotta take a risk.
So let me get this straight you want to add a debuff to keep people from quitting warzones, then you might as well get ready for insults at you and others on the team.