Hypergate, 6 sec cap is STUPID

Philelectric

As the title, 6 sec cap in Ancient Hypergate is stupid. I want it to be 8 sec. You wonder why?

Roll an assassin or a shadow, spec 23/1/17. You can solo cap vs 2 defender easily.

My main is an assassin and I was in a Hypergate. My team was losing. Not by a lot of points but the other team was still too strong for us. On the last round the other team decided to play it safe and putted two guards on the pylon. One of my teammate decide to suicide alone into them(or it was a serious attempt to cap).

Right now it looks stupid but it will be even more stupid in the following text. My teammate baited one cc breaker. I decided to 1v2 the guards myself. Why? because I baited the second cc breaker then stealted to use mind trap (8 sec out of combat break on damage stun) then I used my instant whirlwind on the second guard and capped for the win.

I stole the victory. The other team should have won. Usualy I run Deception when I solo but when I see Hypergate or Huttball I respect hybrid (ty field respec) I respec hybrid in huttball because a deception assassin is almost like an operative dps in huttball lol. I respc hybrid in hypergate ONLY to have a 99.9% garanteed solo cap when needed.

Coming from some1 playing the perfect class to exploit it should show how 6 sec cap is stupid.

Edited by Philelectric

because I baited the second cc breaker then stealted to use mind trap (8 sec out of combat break on damage stun) then I used my instant whirlwind on the second guard and capped for the win.

So because someone played bad we need to adjust the mechanics of the war zone? That makes a lot of sense :rolleyes: ....bads will be bads and cc breakers will break.

As for the 6 seconds, I like it. It creates an "X" factor that has to be accounted for.

Edited by FourPawnBenoni

How To Guard a Node 101

1. dont stand right next to the node.

2. stand out of LoS of the node, but so that you can see it.

3. dont stand still, as you'll be easy pickings for a couple of coordinated stealth players

4. zoom the camera out as far as you can so that you can see as much as possible.

5. call incomings as soon as you see someone. if you have a keyboard w/ macros on it, consider creating one that says "inc to pylon" (or "inc east/west/mid" for other wzs)

^ I solo defend all the time just like this. The issue is people who stand relatively close to the node. They are stupid easy to cap on. When they stand 30 - 35m from the node there isn't enough time for you to cc them and start capping before the 8 second mez wears off. They don't even need to use their cc breaker. The only class that is kind of weak is the marauder or a jug without unstoppable. All the other classes should have no issue solo defending.

How To Guard a Node 101

3. dont stand still, as you'll be easy pickings for a couple of coordinated stealth players

4. zoom the camera out as far as you can so that you can see as much as possible.

5. call incomings as soon as you see someone. if you have a keyboard w/ macros on it, consider creating one that says "inc to pylon" (or "inc east/west/mid" for other wzs)

All of this times a million. Smarten up people.

The 6 second cap is one of the best things about the wz. Only 2 of my 8 classes are stealth and i really play them the least so I am not just talking about when I get the fun of cc capping. It makes it so that you need to cap guard.

Just this week for example. I was on my shadow and I got onto a team with 3 recruits. The other team was a dbl premade with 2 of the "better" imp premades on my server. They were lazy and only left 1 min/maxed jug on the node both the first and 2nd round. I stole with seconds left both first 2 rounds. Then they put 3 people on the node for the next 2 rounds and we ended up winning. Since we still won without much of a margin then it is pretty obvious that the teams were extremely unbalanced.

So there you have it. A bunch of smasher spec pugstompers lost because of horrible gameplay and all because of the 6 second cap.

You can solo defend long enough for help to come. I play a healing commando and have defended alone and have only been capped once.

Personally I like the faster cap time and feel like all WZs would be more intense of they were 6 seconds instead of 8 seconds.

feel like this thread has been made so many times. There are two options.

1) If your team has a stealth, have them guard (actually a sniper can guard as well. stand a bit far away, let him sap you first, then when he goes for pylon, break cap, cover, entrench).

2) Have two people guard, staying a bit far from the node and out of the LoS (also not next to each other but that should always be a given).

Anyone can prevent a cap for quite some time, stealthers can prevent it for a long time, and snipers probably only get ninja capped when they take a toilet break.

Just don't stand on top of the damn pylon when guarding. It's that easy. Guard behind a damn pillar. You still see what's going on, and can interrupt in a whim, but you can't be CCd from the pylon.

Even an assassin with force speed can't mind trap you, then speed to the pylon, then cap before CC breaks.

Making other warzones a 6 second cap might be problematic, because the others offer much more objects to break LoS to the defenders. But it works perfectly for AH.

Sure, if you guard around a corner and get sapped by a SECOND assassin, you're out of luck. But it's not the 6s cap that's screwing you over, it's the 2on1 you're fighting.

As the title, 6 sec cap in Ancient Hypergate is stupid. I want it to be 8 sec. You wonder why?

Roll an assassin or a shadow, spec 23/1/17. You can solo cap vs 2 defender easily.

My main is an assassin and I was in a Hypergate. My team was losing. Not by a lot of points but the other team was still too strong for us. On the last round the other team decided to play it safe and putted two guards on the pylon. One of my teammate decide to suicide alone into them(or it was a serious attempt to cap).

Right now it looks stupid but it will be even more stupid in the following text. My teammate baited one cc breaker. I decided to 1v2 the guards myself. Why? because I baited the second cc breaker then stealted to use mind trap (8 sec out of combat break on damage stun) then I used my instant whirlwind on the second guard and capped for the win.

I stole the victory. The other team should have won. Usualy I run Deception when I solo but when I see Hypergate or Huttball I respect hybrid (ty field respec) I respec hybrid in huttball because a deception assassin is almost like an operative dps in huttball lol. I respc hybrid in hypergate ONLY to have a 99.9% garanteed solo cap when needed.

Coming from some1 playing the perfect class to exploit it should show how 6 sec cap is stupid.

Agreed. Anything that forces people to node guard--thus stand around not having fun--is dumb, and you need at least 2 at all times to not get ninjaed. It's also inconsistent with the rest of the game where it's all 8s.

Edited by Smashbrother

Agreed. Anything that forces people to node guard--thus stand around not having fun--is dumb, and you need at least 2 at all times to not get ninjaed. It's also inconsistent with the rest of the game where it's all 8s.

Let us have some Real Tea here.

The side nodes in Civil War should also be a 6 second cap. It makes no sense for the side that owns it to be collecting points for that node AND have such an advantage of being able to speeder in directly to that node.

If you give the attackers an advantage on the side nodes, and let the defenders reap the reward of collecting points from the node, Civil War would be a much better warzone.

the 6 sec cap is not stupid just the ppl that guard are and if enemies have 2 or more stealth and u keep 1 guard then u deserve to lose, in a 1 v 1 scenario the defender always has the advantage but all the noobs i see stand right next to the pylon also why did u have to make a new thread there was already 1 that started yesterday

How To Guard a Node 101

feel like this thread has been made so many times. There are two options.

1) If your team has a stealth, have them guard (actually a sniper can guard as well. stand a bit far away, let him sap you first, then when he goes for pylon, break cap, cover, entrench).

2) Have two people guard, staying a bit far from the node and out of the LoS (also not next to each other but that should always be a given).

This i how you never get tripple / double capped. But tionese heroes know better amiight ?

You can solo defend long enough for help to come. I play a healing commando and have defended alone and have only been capped once.

Personally I like the faster cap time and feel like all WZs would be more intense of they were 6 seconds instead of 8 seconds.

you sure about that? lol then u played bad teams. dont get me wrong im not in agreement for the zone to be changed its fine way it is BUT solo defending against good teams and you will not hold it b4 help arrives. Mez, brake it, stunned again they got if theres two attackers. Other night on a sniper i got left solo defending, had "inc pylon" pretyped ready got mezzed, hit enter and said on voice and my team mate on voice left mid straight away and still couldnt get there in time. way they tend to do it is two stealths, one remains stealthed other will cc, you brake it, 2nd stealth starts capping as you brake cc and then ya restunned not a damn thing u can do against that. problem isnt the 6 second rule its the bad players that dont help defending when needed.

^ I solo defend all the time just like this. The issue is people who stand relatively close to the node. They are stupid easy to cap on. When they stand 30 - 35m from the node there isn't enough time for you to cc them and start capping before the 8 second mez wears off. They don't even need to use their cc breaker. The only class that is kind of weak is the marauder or a jug without unstoppable. All the other classes should have no issue solo defending.

I'd agree with the marauder as a guard being harder, since the only ranged move is the leap, on my guardian though, even without unstoppable, I can just los behind a pillar, get stealth CC'd, wait til it wears off, saber throw, then back behind the pillar.

The problem is if you do that and the sin whirlwinds you, starts capping, you use the cc breaker, he fights you for a few secs, until your resolve drops again, then stealths out and mezzes you mid fight, then caps again.

Since these threads are becoming a trend, bioware will probably increase the cap time, or in their infinite wisdom, nerf mezzes/stealth ccs in general to 2 seconds. Guess we'll see which happens.

Stealth definitely have an advantage on the map though, especially if it's 2-3 sins, gg. Had a match the other day where I basically sat on the node guarding the whole time, then grabbing orbs in between explosions, as 2 sins managed to repeatedly cap the enemy's pylon round after round. It was funny from my perspective, but I'm sure the enemy team was pretty upset. Think the game was over in like 3 rounds, maybe 2 and a half.

This i how you never get tripple / double capped. But tionese heroes know better amiight ?

I love tionese heroes, they make me smile every time I get an 8.5k smash. =*) And yeah, guarding on my sniper is a breeze, probably the easiest class to defend on. Easy on a sin too obviously, but sins don't get a 20 second long force shroud, so sniper is definitely my favorite class to guard on.

Let us have some Real Tea here.

The side nodes in Civil War should also be a 6 second cap. It makes no sense for the side that owns it to be collecting points for that node AND have such an advantage of being able to speeder in directly to that node.

If you give the attackers an advantage on the side nodes, and let the defenders reap the reward of collecting points from the node, Civil War would be a much better warzone.

The problem with CW lies in the fact the game is decided within the first 10 sec because whoever get's their side node first almost always wins. Has nothing to do with cap times.

Stealth classes already have an advantage in WZs, I don't really see why they need more by making all WZs 6s timers.

How To Guard a Node 101

This plus letting your team know your cc breaker is on CD or your team checking to see the person that is guarding the node/door has his CC breaker off CD.

This is huge... but hardly ever checked in pug groups.

I cant count how many times I have responded to a "call for help" at a node/door and either stayed there or asked the guard to see if they are OK and if their CC breaker is on CD or not. If not, you either stay with them until it is or you stay and replace them. NEVER leave someone alone at a node/door that just used their CC breaker.

I know I exploit this. If the same person is still there guarding a node that I know I already made use their CC breaker... I am going to go visit them again... especially on my OP or SIN.

90% of the the time it is people just not paying attention to game mechanics... and forget it is a TEAM game.

Edited by NuSeC

This is not mistake in warzone mechanics, bro. The mistake is how much OverPowered Assasins class is and how much it need nerf :o