Allow change to advanced classes

armyrunner

would'nt bother me if they gave in to this.. however i think that the whole advance class was a lazy move. would rather have them as 8 separate classes from the start with 8 different stories.

after leveling most of the classes i think the stories can get pretty bad for one advance class and really fitting for the other.

It was probably done like that to save money by not having to develop extra vo and stories.

In other words "I don't like it, I don't want it and others should be punished if they get it".

This is the problem with gamers today (and people in general really). They act like there should be no repercussions or consequences for their actions and choices in a game, especially in an MMO. Like if the mess up it's up to the developer to make it all better..like a mommy kissing her child's booboo.

Here's the reality of the situation: If you decided 20 or 30 levels down the road you wish you'd picked the other AC instead...that's your fault. Not the game's. Not the developer's. YOU.

YOU put your mouse cursor over the AC you wanted when the game told you the decision was permanent.

YOU said yes when the game asked if you were sure that's what you wanted to pick.

YOU.

If you have "buyer's remorse" guess what? Roll another character, get to 10, pick the other AC, level back to where you were. If you can't handle that you'd probably do yourself and everyone else a favor by unsubbing, going to play something rated "E for Everyone", and coming back when you're ready to ditch the pull-ups and put on the big boy underwear.

I have played MMOs that allowed you to change classes. My first MMO was Final Fantasy XI. Guess what happened in that game when you changed your class? YOU STARTED AT LEVEL 1! You still kept your old class at the same level and could freely switch back to it or any other class in the game anytime you wanted, but you couldn't go from a 75 paladin and decide "Oh I want to play a black mage now" and switch and presto you're a level 75 black mage.

I feel that for class changing to truly work the game has to be designed from the ground up with it in mind. It wouldn't work as a feature just thrown in willy-nilly at some point, and anyone who thinks it would is too narrow-minded in selfish about themselves to view it in the big picture.

Edited by Kurugi

This is the problem with gamers today (and people in general really). They act like there should be no repercussions or consequences for their actions and choices in a game, especially in an MMO. Like if the mess up it's up to the developer to make it all better..like a mommy kissing her child's booboo.

Here's the reality of the situation: If you decided 20 or 30 levels down the road you wish you'd picked the other AC instead...that's your fault. Not the game's. Not the developer's. YOU.

YOU put your mouse cursor over the AC you wanted when the game told you the decision was permanent.

YOU said yes when the game asked if you were sure that's what you wanted to pick.

YOU.

If you have "buyer's remorse" guess what? Roll another character, get to 10, pick the other AC, level back to where you were. If you can't handle that you'd probably do yourself and everyone else a favor by unsubbing, going to play something rated "E for Everyone", and coming back when you're ready to ditch the pull-ups and put on the big boy underwear.

I have played MMOs that allowed you to change classes. My first MMO was Final Fantasy XI. Guess what happened in that game when you changed your class? YOU STARTED AT LEVEL 1! You still kept your old class at the same level and could freely switch back to it or any other class in the game anytime you wanted, but you couldn't go from a 75 paladin and decide "Oh I want to play a black mage now" and switch and presto you're a level 75 black mage.

e

I feel that for class changing to truly work the game has to be designed from the ground up with it in mind. It wouldn't work as a feature just thrown in willy-nilly at some point, and anyone who thinks it would is too narrow-minded in selfish about themselves to view it in the big picture.

You have a problem of your own. You believe that the petty choices made here should have unnecessary and irritating consequences as choices do in real life. Are the choices you face in your day to day life so inconsequential and meaningless that you're trying to feel like your decisions here somehow have real weight?

I have a job and kids and a wife and a house and other things that really matter. When I play a game I don't hope that it will be something that csuses me petty inconveniences or makes me feel like I've wasted some of my game experiences. I hope that a game will be playable, passably written and will allow me the flexibility to wrest the maximum possible amount of enjoyment from them that I can.

You want difficult choices, obstacles, and wastes of time in your games because nothing in your life is meaningful enough for you and need to pretend that this is "important".

That's YOUR problem.

Edited by Erixander

You have a problem of your own. You believe that the petty choices made here should have unnecessary and irritating consequences as choices do in real life. Are the choices you face in your day to day life so inconsequential and meaningless that you're trying to feel like your decisions here somehow have real weight?

I have a job and kids and a wife and a house and other things that really matter. When I play a game I don't hope that it will be something that csuses me petty inconveniences or makes me feel like I've wasted some of my game experiences. I hope that a game will be playable, passably written and will allow me the flexibility to wrest the maximum possible amount of enjoyment from them that I can.

You want difficult choices, obstacles, and wastes of time in your games because nothing in your life is meaningful enough for you and need to pretend that this is "important".

That's YOUR problem.

I love how confrontational you are over something that you say isn't "important".

Obviously this game is important enough to you for you to waste your precious time posting on the forums about it.

I also love how you make completely blind and blatant assumptions about my personal life (which have nothing to do with this thread whatsoever) with absolutely nothing at all to base it on.

So, not only do you contradict the absolute HELL out of yourself, but you're also a hypocrite. Congratulations. Maybe you should go spend more time with your wife and kids instead of posting on here about unimportant things. ;)

The problem is, you see the ability to change AC only being used in one way: by people who have had a change of heart in there decision and would rather be able to swap on the spot instead of starting all over.

What you don't even take a single solitary moment to consider is people who would use this feature in other ways, like, I dunno, swapping ACs because the one they play just got nerfed and/or the other one got buffed. Yeah, that wouldn't make game balance a living hell to deal with, especially since all it takes to make people whine and complain and reroll is often the tiniest of nerfs. But of course narrow-minded people like you can't see past your own selfish concerns and wants.

I truly do feel sorry for you if you do have a family, because thus far all you've been able to show in this thread is that you act like a spoiled little child.

Edited by Kurugi

I love how confrontational you are over something that you say isn't "important".

Obviously this game is important enough to you for you to waste your precious time posting on the forums about it.

I also love how you make completely blind and blatant assumptions about my personal life (which have nothing to do with this thread whatsoever) with absolutely nothing at all to base it on.

So, not only do you contradict the absolute HELL out of yourself, but you're also a hypocrite. Congratulations. Maybe you should go spend more time with your wife and kids instead of posting on here about unimportant things. ;)

The problem is, you see the ability to change AC only being used in one way: by people who have had a change of heart in there decision and would rather be able to swap on the spot instead of starting all over.

What you don't even take a single solitary moment to consider is people who would use this feature in other ways, like, I dunno, swapping ACs because the one they play just got nerfed and/or the other one got buffed. Yeah, that wouldn't make game balance a living hell to deal with, especially since all it takes to make people whine and complain and reroll is often the tiniest of nerfs. But of course narrow-minded people like you can't see past your own selfish concerns and wants.

I truly do feel sorry for you if you do have a family, because thus far all you've been able to show in this thread is that you act like a spoiled little child.

You're adorable. I am spending some of my time here arguing on for the flexibility offered to players because I'm spending a little of my time playing the game. I find it enjoyable and want it to improve.

You calling anyone childish is ironic. When you came out swinging with arguments about consequences, buyer's remorse and ditching the pullups you clearly gave yourself away as someone who's looking for a sense of having made important decisions by using this game and what you apparently think is "tough talk" against people who aren't using the game to feel validated.

You're a loser not because your life is terrible or unimportant, you're a loser because you need your petty button presses in an imaginary game world to provide you with the sense of having made a serious decision. You clearly aren't appreciating your real-world life enough.

I hope you get better.

You're adorable. I am spending some of my time here arguing on for the flexibility offered to players because I'm spending a little of my time playing the game. I find it enjoyable and want it to improve.

You calling anyone childish is ironic. When you came out swinging with arguments about consequences, buyer's remorse and ditching the pullups you clearly gave yourself away as someone who's looking for a sense of having made important decisions by using this game and what you apparently think is "tough talk" against people who aren't using the game to feel validated.

You're a loser not because your life is terrible or unimportant, you're a loser because you need your petty button presses in an imaginary game world to provide you with the sense of having made a serious decision. You clearly aren't appreciating your real-world life enough.

I hope you get better.

Hmm, you keep bringing up real life issues. Since you're the one that started all that that means you're either awfully defensive or awfully insecure..or both. Either way it's pretty pathetic, but I'm sure that's a word people have used to describe you on more than one occasion.

I like how you didn't even bother to rebuke any of my arguments about how being able to switch ACs would affect balance and class population. It's pretty straightforward, so even you should be able to understand it. :)

If you can willfully at any point switch your AC, then anyone and everyone would only play the AC that is currently considered stronger, barring outlying extremists and diehard masochists. E.g. if Powertechs are considered better than Mercs for damage in PvP (which they currently are), you would barely see any Mercs in PvP.

Essentially, you would kill variety, or at least severely cripple it. That's not a good thing. Of course, someone as short-sighted as you wouldn't be bothered to think about that because god forbid you have to relevel to play the class you "should've" chosen.

I understand your position though. You're wrong, but I understand.

Edited by Kurugi

their was talk about SWJ using two lightsabers like in the SWTOR movie intro Return where Darth Malus did, dont see why that cant happen or sential get some sort of healing power but I dont see the hole skill tree change too much bout not until you are over 50 will that may afect you if it happens all skill points will be refunded and if you are level 37 and it might be 39 before you get that power! that you got at level 36.

its not like you cant do more than 8 now 12 so you can redo Si as Assassain then the last time scorere