Swg 2.0

Holocron

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would gladly pay $100 a month for that game. :mad:

You may get your wish.

There is a rumor floating around that Daybreak Media (formally SOE) is negotiating doing a new Star Wars MMO revolving around the new trilogy. Nothing concrete solid yet sadly, but something to hope for, to add at least more options.

You may get your wish.

There is a rumor floating around that Daybreak Media (formally SOE) is negotiating doing a new Star Wars MMO revolving around the new trilogy. Nothing concrete solid yet sadly, but something to hope for, to add at least more options.

That would be incredibly difficult to pull off.

It'd be more believable if these rumor starters linked it to EA instead (and even moreso if they tried to imply the new project out of Montreal is that - which of course it isn't, but still).

Edited by hadoken

You may get your wish.

Didn't Disney purposefully exclude the New Era from EA's negotiation for SW rights? Meaning that Disney could develop a new mmo based on the new time line. I think I read that in some of the business articles from back then. I hope it is true.

Would entirely depend on the gameplay, the content, graphics, stability, balance, etc...

All hypothetical. SWG 1.0 had its strengths, but had serious weaknesses.

You should read Raph Koster's article about SWG. SWG was meant to be way more in depth and complex than what it launched. He gives a behind the scenes of what happened and why, and explains that the SWG we all loved was only a mere shadow of what it was suppose to be. Just the things he talked about that they had planned on doing was nothing short of incredible. Certainly worth the read.

They need to recapture that dream and make it happen!

Edited by Holocron

Didn't Disney purposefully exclude the New Era from EA's negotiation for SW rights? Meaning that Disney could develop a new mmo based on the new time line. I think I read that in some of the business articles from back then. I hope it is true.

I can't find the exact details of the deal signed between Disney and EA. Keep in mind, it is just a rumor. But every rumor is started with at least some truth in it.

So for all we know, Daybreak could develop a Sci Fi MMO inspired by Star Wars, but not be Star Wars, lol.

I can't find the exact details of the deal signed between Disney and EA. Keep in mind, it is just a rumor. But every rumor is started with at least some truth in it.

So for all we know, Daybreak could develop a Sci Fi MMO inspired by Star Wars, but not be Star Wars, lol.

I remember when players and SOE vehemently denied their was a possible SW mmo being developed. So yeah, grains of truth indeed.

So, why are you here?

Cause it doesn't exist yet, and I like the SW ip. Although the voice overs and story telling have spoiled me, I can guarantee I wouldn't be here playing if it weren't for the Star Wars element. AND I suspect I'm not the only one who feels that way. Increasingly there are more and more negatives to this game than positives, so I feel we are all being slowly forced down the same road to cancellation.

Well THAT more closely coincides with what Smedley bragged about before "leaving" daybreak - that they had something SWG fans would be really interested in. But it was a VERY vague statement open, obviously, to a lot of different interpretations :p

Well THAT more closely coincides with what Smedley bragged about before "leaving" daybreak - that they had something SWG fans would be really interested in. But it was a VERY vague statement open, obviously, to a lot of different interpretations :p

Do you happen to know how far along in the process DayBreak might be? Also, DayBreak sounds more like a coffee, than a game studio.... :p

Do you happen to know how far along in the process DayBreak might be? Also, DayBreak sounds more like a coffee, than a game studio.... :p

I haven't kept up. Last I heard they were having all kinds of problems and it didn't sound like a stable environment. That could be completely off the table now.

I would gladly pay $100 a month for that game. :mad:

$100/month is a bit steep. I could see maybe $40/month, provided they did it right (pre-CU style, of course). But yes, that would be awesome.

You may get your wish.

Considering what SOE did to the last SWG, I sincerely hope this is just rumor.

Google SWG Emulator.

I'm sure there is something out there.:rolleyes:

There is.

You should read Raph Koster's article about SWG. SWG was meant to be way more in depth and complex than what it launched. He gives a behind the scenes of what happened and why, and explains that the SWG we all loved was only a mere shadow of what it was suppose to be. Just the things he talked about that they had planned on doing was nothing short of incredible. Certainly worth the read.

They need to recapture that dream and make it happen!

I assume this is the article you are referring to, in case anyone wants to read it:

http://www.raphkoster.com/2015/04/16/a-jedi-saga/

Seriously, someone give that man a SW license and the resources to make it happen!

You may get your wish.

EA and Disney have an exclusive deal, so they wouldn't be able to get access to Star Wars until that deal runs out, then it takes 5-10 years to develop a MMO from scratch. So, don't count on it any time soon, if it even happens.

There were rumors of a SWG 2, But sadly the rumor is always a lie :( but to anyone that didn't play SWG and wants to talk trash I lol at because you dont know what you missed in this games hay day. A game that is as old as SWG but still has a better Starfighter system then what most MMO have today. A real crafting and housing system that blow away again from what we have today. So If they were to take all the thing that made SWG, with what players want today's. It would be amazing! but I feel it will never happen :mad: Edited by bseefeldt

Yeah, game peaked at 300k subs, then dropped drastically and limped along for years with less than 100k, and then closed down when SOE decided that 30k subs wasn't worth renewing the License over.

100k subs * $15.95 = $1.595 Mill per month

* 12 months = 19 mill

I would love to "limp" along at that kind of revenue.

Edited by Nireos