Killing Quinn

Kalabakk

My Sith warrior has waited years to kill that backstabbing waste of oxygen known as Malavai Quinn, and it sounds like he'll finally have the opportunity. I've seen bits and piece of this scattered around, so I have some questions to make sure I don't miss my only chance at this.

1. Do you have to be a Sith Warrior to get the option to kill Quinn?
  2. Do you have to align with the Republic during the Iokath mission?
  3. Are there any other specific things I need to know to make sure I don't mess up the conversation path that leads to this option?

I'm still trying to figure out in my head why my warrior would align with the Republic, as he's been a super-evil a-hole since day one. All I can figure out is that he thinks the Empire is weak now and that the strong should destroy the weak.

You have to be sith warrior as far as I know. You can kill him whether you align republic or imperial. You will get 3 options. You can still flirt with him at the beginning and get the kill option later.

imp side

1 - love him

2 - no love - which leads to - quinn join alliance y or n? which leads to theron then asking if you trust quinn y or no. no = theron monitoring him closely.

3 - kill quinn

Pub side

1 - love him and he defects

2 - jail him

3 - kill him.

Edited by americanaussie

You have to be sith warrior as far as I know. You can kill him whether you align republic or imperial.

This isn't fair. Everyone should be allowed to kill Quinn....he's such a low life his death is a blessing to the galaxy and so everyone should be allowed to kill him, slowly, over weeks or even months. :mad:

This isn't fair. Everyone should be allowed to kill Quinn....he's such a low life his death is a blessing to the galaxy and so everyone should be allowed to kill him, slowly, over weeks or even months. :mad:

I added more to my post.

I've not taken imp side without my SW, about to on my SI and I'll confirm. My IA chose republic and didn't see Quinn much after that.

As an agent of the Empire I chose Quinn over Dorne.... And didn't have the options to interact with Quinn, so AFAIK he's still around. I encountered Dorne as a bodyguard to the Big-bad when you fight over the thingy at the end.

Jace Malcolm and the Superweapon

But no options to mangle Quinn into petfood while he screams on behalf of my long-since-neglected Jugg.

I have yet to trawl YouTube for all the convo options.... Tho' it may be a bit early for all the different eventualities to be uploaded.

I read on this forum that a chunk got missed out of the final release.... And that the whole thing made sense if you sought out datamined info. - I can't verify that....coz I don't care enough to trawl the web for that kind of stuff.... But the story was a bit disjointed....so they might just be right. ( or it might just be piss-poor writing..... BW does have form on this, TBH)

What reason would any other imperial class have to kill Quinn?

I didn't even kill him with my dark side female Sith Warrior, even though I (as player) wanted to do so since 2012. But she killed off so many other potential allies. He is a good worker after all. And he knows that he cannot betray her once again. That assures extra good work. For once in her life, she acted rational. I felt almost proud of her. But then I remembered what she did to poor Aric. :D:eek:

But seriously: If Quinn is a newly introduced NPC (player knowledge aside), would there be any reason why someone would like to kill him at the end of this "chapter"?

The reason why only Sith Warriors can kill him is because of that ******** reason of 'oh he betrayed me ONCE and tried to kill me ONCE so I MUST kill him back!!!!111'

What reason would it make sense for the other 7 classes to kill Quinn? They don't know him. They don't know what he did. All they know is he's an imperial officer, that's it. So, there's no reason for anyone but the Sith Warrior to kill him, doesn't matter what YOU the player wants, it's what makes sense INSIDE the game/story.

The reason why only Sith Warriors can kill him is because of that ******** reason of 'oh he betrayed me ONCE and tried to kill me ONCE so I MUST kill him back!!!!111'

What reason would it make sense for the other 7 classes to kill Quinn? They don't know him. They don't know what he did. All they know is he's an imperial officer, that's it. So, there's no reason for anyone but the Sith Warrior to kill him, doesn't matter what YOU the player wants, it's what makes sense INSIDE the game/story.

I'm a republic commando married to Elara and Quinn insults her first time I meet him.....good enough reason to me.

As for anyone else, well he's Quinn, a traitorous scum who needs to die, his league of squeee followers have alerted us all to his scum bag qualities, so we kill him. Seems fair to me.

I'm a republic commando married to Elara and Quinn insults her first time I meet him.....good enough reason to me.

As for anyone else, well he's Quinn, a traitorous scum who needs to die, his league of squeee followers have alerted us all to his scum bag qualities, so we kill him. Seems fair to me.

Squeee followers? We're the fangirl army, get your terminology correct! :p

As for everyone who's not the warrior killing Quinn... yeah, the *players* might know that Quinn betrayed the warrior nine and a half years ago in-game, but the *characters* don't know that. I'm just confused why *every* class "should"

get the option to kill Quinn. (Also, you'd kill someone just for insulting your wife? ...well, chivalry's one thing, but that might be going a bit far. XD)

Careful now. I got a forum warning for calling you all fangirls. It's almost like the moderators don't read the forums or something. :rolleyes:

Edited by kodrac

Careful now. I got a forum warning for calling you all fangirls. It's almost like the moderators don't read the forums or something. :rolleyes:

...seriously? That's...kinda ridiculous. It's not an insult in any stretch of the imagination, so why would you get a warning over it? Oi. Weird... :confused:

As for everyone who's not the warrior killing Quinn... yeah, the *players* might know that Quinn betrayed the warrior nine and a half years ago in-game, but the *characters* don't know that. I'm just confused why *every* class "should"

get the option to kill Quinn. (Also, you'd kill someone just for insulting your wife? ...well, chivalry's one thing, but that might be going a bit far. XD)

Well I avoided fangirl army because it removes the possibility non-girls were his fans and I didn't want to make that statement.

And any character might know if they speak to the right Sith Warrior, or one of his followers....which you do have in your follower list by this point ( or did).

My commando kills imps for very little reason, he just hates imps. Years of fighting them has worn his soul down and now he has little to no remorse over killing for any reason.

Doesn't even make sense for the SW to do it now, since they still served with Quinn for years.

That's the problem with a lot of players. They don't actually pay attention to the story. They got betrayed is all the notice. :p Quinn was forgiven or why else (from a story standpoint not a meta one) would he still be on the crew? Yes, it might be a bit suckie one couldn't do it way back when, but you couldn't and now it makes no sense to just up and kill him.

Well I avoided fangirl army because it removes the possibility non-girls were his fans and I didn't want to make that statement.

And any character might know if they speak to the right Sith Warrior, or one of his followers....which you do have in your follower list by this point ( or did).

My commando kills imps for very little reason, he just hates imps. Years of fighting them has worn his soul down and now he has little to no remorse over killing for any reason.

There are a few guys in the army too - there's just a lot more gals than guys. Don't think it matters too much, honestly; I was making a joke. :p

True, unless the Warrior told Quinn it's just between us...actually, do you ever get an option to tell the rest of the crew about it? Unless you bring another companion with you to the betrayal (something I didn't even know you could do until recently), it's between you and Quinn, with the rest of the crew oblivious. I think. 'Tis been a while...

Ah. That makes sense. :) (My trooper was pretty much the same way - at first. As time went on he gradually left that mindset behind. Sure took a toll on him, though...)

Edited by Jagaimee

There are a few guys in the army too - there's just a lot more gals than guys. Don't think it matters too much, honestly; I was making a joke. :p

True, unless the Warrior told Quinn it's just between us...actually, do you ever get an option to tell the rest of the crew about it? Unless you bring another companion with you to the betrayal (something I didn't even know you could do until recently), it's between you and Quinn, with the rest of the crew oblivious. I think. 'Tis been a while...

Ah. That makes sense. :) (My trooper was pretty much the same way - at first. As time went on he gradually left that mindset behind. Sure took a toll on him, though...)

Yes, there is an option in the conversation after his betrayal to inform the rest of the crew of his actions "at the appropriate time". Along with the options to just keep it between you two (and whatever companion you brought along at that time, of course).

Yes, there is an option in the conversation after his betrayal to inform the rest of the crew of his actions "at the appropriate time". Along with the options to just keep it between you two (and whatever companion you brought along at that time, of course).

Ohhh, okay, so there IS that option. Thanks for clarifying that. :)

If anything, I think that more folks should have the option of whacking Elara. She betrayed her family and the Empire by committing treason; defecting and giving information to the Republic. Seems like many Empire inclined characters would have knowledge of her and her actions and would be happy to kill her on sight.

We can't always get what we want. :(

I wouldn't care if other classes had the chance to kill him but I just can't imagine it being over him backstabbing one sith at some point many years ago. Few would care except maybe an allied sith, and even then it would probably be dismissed as just part of sith life.

Doesn't even make sense for the SW to do it now, since they still served with Quinn for years.

That's the problem with a lot of players. They don't actually pay attention to the story. They got betrayed is all the notice. :p Quinn was forgiven or why else (from a story standpoint not a meta one) would he still be on the crew? Yes, it might be a bit suckie one couldn't do it way back when, but you couldn't and now it makes no sense to just up and kill him.

Sure it does. He's a traitor, you know he is one, for whatever reason you didn't kill him before but now you have a second chance, why not take it he's had it coming a long time. I am not sure why you think Quinn was forgiven, he just wasn't killed...yet. He certainly deserves to be and should be.

And the fact you weren't allowed to kill him when you should have just is bad writing, and sorry but that excuses ignoring anything that comes from it.

Heck in a way your arguement gives non-sith warriors more cause to kill them. They know he's a traitor and have not forgiven him....thank you Vette for pointing out this shifty no count scum to me before he caused any harm.

If anything, I think that more folks should have the option of whacking Elara. She betrayed her family and the Empire by committing treason; defecting and giving information to the Republic. Seems like many Empire inclined characters would have knowledge of her and her actions and would be happy to kill her on sight.

We can't always get what we want. :(

She defected as a sergeant......does anyone pay that much attention to such low level defections? Even if they do if she is on your side to off.....you just betrayed the empire too.....or are a republic person who is on her side already.

But Quinn is scum the likes of which the Galaxy at large is aware of....he betrayed a Sith Lord a Darth.....attempting to kill him.....

She defected as a sergeant......does anyone pay that much attention to such low level defections? Even if they do if she is on your side to off.....you just betrayed the empire too.....or are a republic person who is on her side already.

But Quinn is scum the likes of which the Galaxy at large is aware of....he betrayed a Sith Lord a Darth.....attempting to kill him.....

Yes, they most certainly would follow the career of someone who defected and went up through the ranks to a position of power.

I just don't agree that Quinn is some galaxy known villain. As if he's the one person to back-stab a sith. He's just one of the few who did it and didn't die immediately. Yes, it's a shame BW backed themselves into a corner with him being the only SW healer and had to take away the choice to kill him. I'm glad that folks are finally getting their chance.

I disagree that he's scum. I totally understand why he did what he did. I also understand why you feel differently.

If he had of sided with the SW and betrayed Baras, I don't get the impression everyone would be shouting traitor.

Nonetheless, I think Elara is muuuuch worse. Having her there to speak for the head of the Republic could easily be construed as a jab at the Empire. (Not that I think they wrote her in this chapter for that reason).

Regardless of all that....there needed to be more interaction between our characters and both companions for all the classes.

The other issue here is that the chapter was written from two sides when there are three.

Edited by KamiSongheart