Big Sythweaving question. It could mean sythweaving is amazing if yes.

DarthNemis

I just got a recipe to make Exotech War Leader's Headgear. http://www.torhead.com/item/ewUaPQQ/exotech-war-leaders-headgear Its a ratting of 136, and has the exact same stats as the tier 2 helm for sith warrior tank. (Got the recipe from doing Hard Mode operations btw.)

Obviously if i crit on making it, it will be better. However, what i want to know is if I can reverse engineer this.

Can you? Can i reverse engineer this Purple and get an item ratting of 140 out of it? IF so that reverse engineered item will easily be Best in slot in game for a tanking sith warrior. Crafting that can actually make Best in slot. Its a little hard to believe, but if true omg :)

Edit: After doing some calculations it is already the B.I.S. You just need to replace an enhancement and a mod by desocketing a tier 3 piece. Yea thats alot of work i know, but worth it in my opinion. It is Best in slot, and all Best in slots are worth it.

Edited by DarthNemis

So far raid-drops (e.g. your exotech) schematics are believed to NOT be upgradable by reverse engineering.

But if you feel like wasting crafting resources and giving it a try, please let us know how it works out! :)

EDIT: the fact that Torhead tells you it can be upgraded means nothing, because it's known to be a very inaccurate site where crafting is concerned.

Edited by Rhaphael

So far raid-drops (e.g. your exotech) schematics are believed to NOT be upgradable by reverse engineering.

But if you feel like wasting crafting resources and giving it a try, please let us know how it works out! :)

EDIT: the fact that Torhead tells you it can be upgraded means nothing, because it's known to be a very inaccurate site where crafting is concerned.

Thanks for that info. But crafting just 1 of these is a huge undertaking. It requires you to kill ethier Karaaga or Soa on Hard mode. and then I have to take both Rakatta power nodes. Lucky for me my guild will give me the mats. So I will be able to make 2 of them this week.

Thanks for that info. But crafting just 1 of these is a huge undertaking. It requires you to kill ethier Karaaga or Soa on Hard mode. and then I have to take both Rakatta power nodes. Lucky for me my guild will give me the mats. So I will be able to make 2 of them this week.

The mats are BOP so when you say your guild will give the mats to you, I hope you mean you will be in the group and they will all pass on them.

The item itself is also BOP so, unless you're planning on giving one to one of your companions, there's probably no reason to craft more than one (unless you're trying for an augment slot).

Edited by Screaming_Ziva