BioWare dev team, this is how you fix sentinel's combat spec.

Spasi

To start off i will only use sentinel terminology because its the one i can pull off the top of my head and to reduce the size of the post.

I have been very vocal about how, quite frankly, sh*t combat spec is. I wrote about it in the sentinel/marauder class forum however, even though the spec isn't THAT difficult to fix all its gotten is a small buff. Don't get me wrong that buff is great and a huge step in the right direction but its just simply not enough. The spec has MAJOR issues. I will list them now:

1: For a burst spec the burst isn't all that great.

2: Spec gets completely shafted in pvp due to no reliable defense against CC

3: The spec deals basically only white damage which is very bad in this state of the game.

4: Massive focus starvation.Only spec IN THE GAME that has to use basic attacks in the rotation.(unless you use fanged god, though even then you can starve)

In the past i have been vague with the changes i want out of respect. Now i will just out and say what exactly you need to do in order for the spec to be great again.

First change: Ataru form. Ataru should deal elemental/internal damage. This will fix the issue of the spec dealing only white damage on top of giving a lot of utility. Ataru's damage needs to be nerfed by 15% though because we want combat to be a burst spec not sustain spec.Now i know a sword slash doesn't make much sense to be internal damage but you said ataru is an acrobatic form and is literally the least acrobatic saber spec in the game so i think its gonna be fine.

Second change: Lance. Lance should become a lunge type of attack and requires 1 less focus, but no longer have a grounded effect.Also it should deal 10% less damage.Range - 10 meters. Applies 3 stacks of a debuff. After 6 seconds the debuffs explode, dealing kinetic damage. Each ataru strike activates 1 stack. That causes ataru form to critically strike and generate 1 focus. This change will fix 2 issues. One is the focus starvation second one is lack of yellow damage. This will also help it to be more competitive in pvp.

Third change: CC defense. I though a lot about this and i came up with a way to give combat spec a cc defense while keeping counter play in. When you use zen buffed precision you will get a buff that protects you from any stuns, sleeps and slows for 3 seconds, however push backs and displacement effects are not resisted. Cooldown on this is 15 s. You can either fit this in a utility somewhere or just in the skill tree itself. This will give the cc immunity the spec so desperately needs without making it a concentration clone and still leaving enough counter play.

Fourth change: Burst. This is simple. Force Clarity benefiting Clashing blast needs to be put in the skill tree itself. This will give the spec much harder burst while not over buffing other aspects of the kit. The tactical would be changed to clashing blast now refunds the force clarity buff, gain 1 focus and causes the next blade rush to critically hit.

These are relatively simple changes but will absolutely make combat a great spec. The numbers might be a bit off and blade rush might need a damage nerf but the overall mechanics added are very much needed. I just hope someone from the dev team actually reads this and at least considers the proposed changes. i am not holding my breath though.

Edited by Spasi
Overall fix on the grammar and termonilogy