Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bodyguard Mercenary/Combat Medic Commando Set Bonus Discussion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Commando / Mercenary
Bodyguard Mercenary/Combat Medic Commando Set Bonus Discussion
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

midianlord
07.18.2015 , 06:00 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by JattaGin View Post
Your writing style is a disgrace to all commando medic players (I bet you play a merc though).

I beg you, please play a sorcerer. That's what people with your attitude and mindset usually play.

I honestly think that you are a horrible person, if I only judge by your way of communicating.

Your post is a perfect example of how NOT to address issues. Such language and style will bring you nowhere. Or have you ever had a good reaction in your life after such a complaint? Do you bring people on your side like this?
Most Merc-playerss --either healer or damager-- aren't like this, I assure you. The few that are are usually bads who end up on multiple /ignore lists and never get to do any group content with anyone again except for brain-death-mode [TACTICAL]s, and they often can't even get those right, so more /ignore lists.

As for the illiterate troll playing Sorc?

NOOOOOOoooooo....!!!!

It's people like that that get classes nerfed to uselessness, we don't need more of that, thank you!

As for the set-boni actually working, I'll just let Charlie Fodder from Clear Skies take the mic:

"Havetheyfixedityet?"
"Oh, haaaaave they fixed it yeeeeet?"
"Have they fixed it yet?"
"Have they. Fixed it. Yet."
Merc and 'Slinger since launch, Merc and 'Slinger for life
(Feels good, doesn't it? Well it certainly does for me!)

omeru
07.20.2015 , 06:08 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by JattaGin View Post
Your writing style is a disgrace to all commando medic players (I bet you play a merc though).

I beg you, please play a sorcerer. That's what people with your attitude and mindset usually play.

I honestly think that you are a horrible person, if I only judge by your way of communicating.

Your post is a perfect example of how NOT to address issues. Such language and style will bring you nowhere. Or have you ever had a good reaction in your life after such a complaint? Do you bring people on your side like this?

Ontopic:

I think the bonuses for commando medics are quite alright - if they work.
Yeah they didnt fixed it yet because of my angry post, come on it is almost 9 months with pts beta testing and they didnt fixed it and i opened many bug reports about this and all my tickets was ignored all i got is an automated message after 3-4 days. Do you know any cartel market item related sosmetic bug fixed in next patct as a priority and now they are talking about next set bonuses and old ones are not still working properly. This is just a joke on players. I am angry to their attitude and acting like this set bonus is working as intended. Yes i am a horrible person because i am getting angry when someone lies on my face twice (they announced this bug fixed twice), and after that acts like nothing happened.

xAZUREx
07.20.2015 , 07:05 AM | #23
2: Alacrity X%
4: Aim X%
6: Critical X%

Like the old skill trees could let you do.
Tomb of Freedon Nadd: (Kazama Legacy)
<A New Hope> <Sith Crusaders>
There is no force, there is only FUS RO DAH

ArcherOrant
07.20.2015 , 11:54 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by xAZUREx View Post
2: Alacrity X%
4: Aim X%
6: Critical X%

Like the old skill trees could let you do.
This would definitely make it easy xD
Healers be like, "Why did you stand in the fire?"

SilencerSeven
11.06.2015 , 01:05 PM | #25
the two piece feels pretty blah, to me. One crit every ~35s isn't much of a bonus, in terms of throughput or fun factor (I don't even notice that the set procced, most of the time.)

the four and six piece bonuses actually feel meaningful, and it would be nice if the two piece did too. I like the idea of rapid scan crits (or casts) having a chance to reduce the cooldown of emergency scan.

MrMoscow
12.07.2016 , 03:56 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by stuarthillier View Post
I think the 2 set and 4 set are fine. I think it would be nice to see

6 set- Each tick of med shot applys 1 stack of trauma probe on the target
I think this would be a great change
Xaney - MercenaryXani - Sorcerer
Zani - Operative XanÝ - Marauder
Inaz - Juggernaught Zaný - Sniper
Inax - Assassin Xanie - Powertech

Razortron
12.09.2016 , 03:51 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey everyone,

We wanted to take a moment to reach out to the community to collect ideas on set bonuses. We are looking for opinions on current and previous set bonuses as well as concepts for future. This thread will cover Bodyguard Mercenaries/Medic Commandos.

Note: Our intent is to have set bonuses not increase HPS by more than 5%. Please keep this in mind when posting your suggestions.

Current Level 60 Set Bonuses (for reference)
  • 2-Piece: Activating a healing ability has a 15% chance to grant Combat Medic's Critical Bonus which causes your next Rapid Scan or Medical Probe to be a critical. This effect can only occur once every 30 seconds.
  • 4-Piece: While in Combat Support Cylinder or Combat Support Cell the duration of Supercharged Gas and Supercharge Cells is increased by 5 seconds.
  • 6-Piece: Reduces the cooldown of Healing Scan or Advanced Medical Probe by 1.5 seconds.
Cheers, all!
The SWTOR Combat Team
How about you balance the *********** game first?

Guelah_Papyrus
02.18.2017 , 08:50 PM | #28
Anyway we can reduce the channeling time on our heals, the sorc just instant casts big heals, while we sit there and watch the channel go time tick by. It really doesn't help compete against sorc heals.
Harbinger
Britneah - Sorc

PhatMcMuffins
08.07.2018 , 11:48 AM | #29
Personally, I find the 6-piece bonus very lackluster

Suggestion: Make kolto missile work like lacerate for Hatred but for kolto shell. It will apply 2 stacks (i think 1 is too low as kolto shell is already the weakest "HoT" when compared to the actual HoT of op probes or the damage stop of sorc bubble) of kolto shell to all targets as long as it hits 1 target with kolto shell active

this would allow us to more easily sustain kolto shell which is difficult to reapply mid fight in ranked arenas due to not having any extra GCDs with all our cast times and the heat cost of shell
<Occasional Crops>
Qarum - Alan Rails - Dazkkum - Fake Doors - Eight-six